khudhur

TDesk Setups Exchange

Post by khudhur »

thanks I,ll try it out
thomas1386
Trader

TDesk Setups Exchange

Post by thomas1386 »

r1ch4rd » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:22 pm wrote:Below you will find the templates and indicators for what I believe to be a more stable set that has been running for a couple of weeks derived from my previous posts on this feed.

It uses the cross of the 1MA over/below the 34LWMA on the M5 TF, 4 x SS TF's (H4,D1,W1,MN) and 2 x HGI TF's (M5,H4).
All must be in agreement. :good:
When conditions are met it either buys or sells at market and sends a grid of 3 limit orders with the value of the H4 ATR apart. It also places a SL at 125% of the D1 ATR on the trade/orders.
TP is still 20 pips for each pair and there is also a global close at 50 pips.
The brakes are off as far as balance filters, but it stops placing more orders below 1500% available margin.

The dip in growth was a GA retracement that hit the 1st SL, then continued in our direction to take the 20 pip TP with a nett result of a 120 pip loss. If it continued in the wrong direction it would have been quite a loss, but we are a ultimately trading in the higher TF direction so hopefully it should not happen often. Time will tell...... :!:

Please do not PM me with issues, if you have questions please post on this feed. There are plenty of brilliant minds on this forum whom, I'm sure will help with valid queries.

Good luck folks, and stay safe. :)
Hi R1ch4rd,
Your HGI setting looks very promosing. I made a list with Rene's ATR matrix indicator and run two settings. I take your setting for all pairs with a 10 day ATR up to 80 pips. For more volatile pairs I set the takeprofit to 35 pips. The test starts monday, I will post the results every week.
One more question: I have also tried the templates from page 10, but I get a message that the "colour stochastic mtf fast indicator" is missing.
I don't have it in my indicators folder. Could you share it, please?

Thomas
trader689
Trader

TDesk Setups Exchange

Post by trader689 »

hey thomas, attached here
Stochastic color mtf fast.mq4
trader
thomas1386 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:43 pm wrote:
r1ch4rd » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:22 pm wrote: Please do not PM me with issues, if you have questions please post on this feed. There are plenty of brilliant minds on this forum whom, I'm sure will help with valid queries.

Good luck folks, and stay safe. :)
Hi R1ch4rd,
Your HGI setting looks very promosing. I made a list with Rene's ATR matrix indicator and run two settings. I take your setting for all pairs with a 10 day ATR up to 80 pips. For more volatile pairs I set the takeprofit to 35 pips. The test starts monday, I will post the results every week.
One more question: I have also tried the templates from page 10, but I get a message that the "colour stochastic mtf fast indicator" is missing.
I don't have it in my indicators folder. Could you share it, please?

Thomas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
r1ch4rd
Trader

TDesk Setups Exchange

Post by r1ch4rd »

Thanks Trader

I was just about to post it and saw you had just done it. I'm pretty sure I nicked it from Leon's fantastic HGI system in this thread.
Last edited by r1ch4rd on Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trader689
Trader

TDesk Setups Exchange

Post by trader689 »

no worries r1chard

this week your new HGI settings have done well, seems like the trades are selective but accurate. And your original settings have also done really well with a lot of the strong moves, not only has the open drawdown stabilised, but it's gone the other way and there is a large floating profit as well.

One issue I had though on that demo when I looked at the experts tab was a few errors such as "TDesk Trading Partner EA (27) 168528507 closeOrder() order close failed with error 2: common error" - it seems like some trades had attempted to be closed midweek, but this error occurred. I've shaved down the number of maxbars on the Empty4 terminal to 1000, so the lag on tdesk is low, I don't know what else it could be. Hopefully those trades will close out in due course

trader
r1ch4rd » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:58 pm wrote:Thanks Trader

I was just about to post it and saw you had just done it. I'm pretty sure I nicked it from Leon's fantastic HGI system earlier in this thread.
r1ch4rd
Trader

TDesk Setups Exchange

Post by r1ch4rd »

Great idea Thomas,
it makes total sense considering the different ranges these pairs move each day, I look forward to seeing your results.

This is a Real Micro account with XM (1:500) that I opened with a smallish deposit and have run since the beginning of Feb.
It banked 1470 pips this week. :yahoo:
Micro 4SS 2HGI 20TP noSL_LI.jpg
These templates and set files are posted with Micro accounts in mind and specifically XM (I have no affiliation). The intention was to provide a quick setup for very small accounts and are a variation of the templates posted earlier in this thread. You will have to make changes to inputs if you wish to trade on none Micro accounts (or just use my previous templates).
TDesk 4SS 2HGI 6MAcross MICRO.tpl
This uses 1SMA crossing the 6SMA (Which needs modifying if you are using the 34LWMA I uploaded earlier)
Desky 4SS 2HGI 6MAcross MICRO.tpl
Desky.set
TDesk.set
I have had my arse kicked good and proper over the years with real accounts. This is literally starting over very cautiously and when I have the adequate funds I will move over to GP. :good:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by r1ch4rd on Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sojourner
Trader

TDesk Setups Exchange

Post by Sojourner »

r1ch4rd » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:30 am wrote:Great idea Thomas,
it makes total sense considering the different ranges these pairs move each day, I look forward to seeing your results.

This is a Real Micro account with XM (1:500) that I opened with a smallish deposit and have run since the beginning of Feb.

This uses 1SMA crossing the 6SMA (Which needs modifying if you are using the 34LWMA I uploaded earlier)

I have had my arse kicked good and proper over the years with real accounts. This is literally starting over very cautiously and when I have the adequate funds I will move over to GP. :good:
That is very promising results! I can't get the TDESK template to work though. Says it's the wrong version and that I haven't chosen any pairs to trade. Going through the template files as we speak to try and figure out what's going on. I'd like to test this too. =)

UPDATE: I went through the Micro Desky template and made a set file mimic-ing the settings in the EA from the template in case anyone else couldn't get the template to work.
Keep in mind I have not tested this yet as the markets are closed.
Last edited by Sojourner on Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trader689
Trader

TDesk Setups Exchange

Post by trader689 »

great r1ch4rd many thanks for another generous share, looks like it did well since the beginning of February. I'm trying to set the 'moving averages SLOW' supplied indicator to SMA - there is an 'MA method' input where you can enter a number - but it's not a dropdown, just an input field. Currently it's set to 3, which I assume represents LWMA. I'm assuming selecting option 1 would set it to SMA, is that right

trader

EDIT: just wanted to add that I'm also getting the same error messages as soujourner - i.e. that 'you haven't specified any symbols to trade' and 'wrong tdesk version'
r1ch4rd » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:30 pm wrote:Great idea Thomas,

r1ch4rd
Trader

TDesk Setups Exchange

Post by r1ch4rd »

Sorry, I can't help you as far as getting to recognise the right version. It is working fine on my terminal. :?
I'll post the set files tomorrow, maybe that would make things easier. (Done, find above)

The buffer reads the default version of the base indicator (Which you set yourself).
Open your indi navigator which is above your charts.
Open the indicator folder, right click the slow MA and left click modify which will bring up the MetaEditor. Make your changes here, click compile and job done.

Hope this helps. :)
Last edited by r1ch4rd on Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
trader689
Trader

TDesk Setups Exchange

Post by trader689 »

thanks r1ch4rd, when I opened it in editor I saw in the comments that 'MA method' has to be set to 0 to make it SMA, have changed both in the indicator as well as in the inputs now

if you could share the Tdesk setfile tomorrow would be appreciated

trader
r1ch4rd » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:31 pm wrote:Sorry, I can't help you as far as getting to recognise the right version. It is working fine on my terminal. :?
I'll post the set file tomorrow, maybe that would make things easier.

The buffer reads the default version of the base indicator (Which you set yourself).
Open your indi navigator which is above your charts.
Open the indicator folder, right click the slow MA and left click modify which will bring up the MetaEditor. Make your changes here, click compile and job done.

Hope this helps. :)
Last edited by trader689 on Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “TDesk: A Thomas Special. The greatest trading tool ever.”