TDesk User Indicators Playground

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

pacinvest » Fri May 24, 2019 10:29 pm wrote:Thanks for comment on the Mega FX indicator. I am not convinced that this indicator is from the infamous 'solar winds' and variants. Also I am not convinced that it is a Smoothed Fisher offshoot either. There is something else going on in this indicator, which is why I am interested. I guess the best thing for us is to just trade this thing and see how we go. (Nice trial Leon!)

I thought I would take this opportunity to add another useful indicator to our drone library. This is the Ehlers Smoothed RSI and it is in the group of oscillators I am exploring for use as entry/exit triggers used with the TMA+CG mladen bands breach on the Day TF. The whole trick with this strategy is to judge when the counter trade entry should be hit following the breach or multiple breaches. Early days with this project but for sure this is a useful RSI indicator. In the screenshot of Day TF all the indicators are set to current time frame and labelled with a color code to help you work out which indy is which.

In the UBD set file below I have asked the drone to send a buy/sell signal when the Ehler's Smoothed RSI turns from up to down or down to up, using a shift setting of 2. This should be seen as a start point. You could trial variants of this set file with a trigger that requires the indy to turn further down or up or cross a trigger value.

Have fun..........
Tip: Keep an eye on day time frame these next few weeks, some solid counter trades coming I think.
I see historic and therefore easy to draw, trend lines on your chart.

I see lots of other pretty coloured-stuff lower down.

Looks to me like you are starting to overcomplicate thingies. It looks to me as though you are starting to fall into the trap of crap custom abortions.

I suggest that you do not get too excited about the cca's you are using. All they do is incorporate some sort of moving average into something that looks pretty and purports to represent something it cannot.

Take care. I do not describe this sort of stuff as Crap Custom Abortions out of a fond care for them. I would not even have bad dreams about using them, given the massively high quality of the indis developed by genius coders here.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
bodavid
Trader

Post by bodavid »

pacinvest » Thu May 23, 2019 5:20 pm wrote:This is a question for Wally Wonka.......WW or any Mega indy veterans. I have been test driving the Mega indicator (you kindly posted) with my trading system. It is up against a suite of my favorite RSI and Sto indicators and higher timeframe combos to show the best entry point following a breach of the TMA+CG mladen bands. I am pretty impressed with what Mega seems to be able to do and it seems to suit what I am trying to do really well. Here comes the question, have you used this (mega indy) in real trading to any extent and can you tell us a bit about that please? Do you understand the mathematics behind how it works? At first I thought it was RSI based but it has some other trend determination thing going on. Would much appreciate any background on this promising indy. Quite uncanny how it holds off and sits tight through any consolidation before signaling while with good reversals it signals quite quickly. It has passed all of my re-painting tests as well.

Thomas thanks for the helpful reply to my earlier question, doing the custom parameters is simple once you get it.

Cheers vince
Hi Vince,

This indicator has the same shape as "Mega" only the arrows are missing and it shows a histogram.

Cheers,
Ben
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pacinvest
Trader

Post by pacinvest »

Cool Ben thanks so this seems to be where Mega came from. I like that you can adjust the period. I will have a play. Of course Steve has a point all indicators are nonsense really.....

Cheers
vince
dndimov

Post by dndimov »

Ehrenmat » Wed May 01, 2019 10:30 pm wrote:
Hey Thomas,

thank you very much for your time! Another precious lesson for me in coding! Will come back with a new version of the TDI.

By the way: Did anyone try to compare Pivots of different timeframes with each other? Seems as if there could be some edge for us retail traders.

I have modded one of Steves Pivot TD indis for a draft version:

LowerTf is above HigherTF --> LONG Signal gets published
LowerTF is below HigherTF --> SHORT Signal gets published

To understand and see what I mean, you can use two instances of this Pivot Voty TD V2 mod with TFs of your choice.

Cheers,

Mat

:hi:
Hi Ehrenmat,

Thank you for this idea. Is it possible to make Pivot_Voty TD V2 mod.mq4 to send TDsignals for the lower time frame. I want to try it on 1H, but now its working only in M/W/D.
10x again
Ehrenmat
Trader

Post by Ehrenmat »

dndimov » Today, 06:31 wrote:
Ehrenmat » Wed May 01, 2019 10:30 pm wrote:
Hey Thomas,

thank you very much for your time! Another precious lesson for me in coding! Will come back with a new version of the TDI.

By the way: Did anyone try to compare Pivots of different timeframes with each other? Seems as if there could be some edge for us retail traders.

I have modded one of Steves Pivot TD indis for a draft version:

LowerTf is above HigherTF --> LONG Signal gets published
LowerTF is below HigherTF --> SHORT Signal gets published

To understand and see what I mean, you can use two instances of this Pivot Voty TD V2 mod with TFs of your choice.

Cheers,

Mat

Hi Ehrenmat,

Thank you for this idea. Is it possible to make Pivot_Voty TD V2 mod.mq4 to send TDsignals for the lower time frame. I want to try it on 1H, but now its working only in M/W/D.
10x again

Done!

You can find the new Version in your quoted post @ Ehrenmat » Wed May 01, 2019 10:30 pm.

Cheers,

Mat

Remember: A few hours of trial and error can save you minutes of looking at the README
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

I received this PM yesterday:
Namoroka wrote:hi Steve
i'm using manual trading systems HGI and Awesome oscillator
do you help me convert AO to mtf AO for Tdesk system?
My English is poor, I use google translation, in my country there are few people trading Forex and programming so no one helps,i'm from VietNam
thank you so much
Attached is a TD version. It appears to be working.

Mind, it is distinctly over-named. All it does is subtract the slow moving average from the fast then print a green histo if this is greater than the close of the previous candle, or red if not. Awesome it aint. The inputs were originally #define variables so I changed them to user-defined. The TimeFrame input allows mtf.

The conversion appears to be working but I would appreciate one of you indi experts casting an eye over what I have done and upload a corrected version if you spot a bloop. Usual thingy - search for: // TDesk code

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

Namoroka

Post by Namoroka »

Hi everyone, I traded HGI with AO filter (4-24) in h1 time frame, and added long trend filter AO (24-120) because it is h1 time frame so you understand why I choose the numbers 4-24-120, it brings amazing results (pay attention to avoid the 3 * news) I really feel Steve and the admin team are like a wonder to me
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

Namoroka » 29 Jul 2019, 16:55 wrote:Hi everyone, I traded HGI with AO filter (4-24) in h1 time frame, and added long trend filter AO (24-120) because it is h1 time frame so you understand why I choose the numbers 4-24-120, it brings amazing results (pay attention to avoid the 3 * news) I really feel Steve and the admin team are like a wonder to me
Can you explain your setup more understandable for dimwits like me, please?
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

tomele » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:02 pm wrote:
Namoroka » 29 Jul 2019, 16:55 wrote:Hi everyone, I traded HGI with AO filter (4-24) in h1 time frame, and added long trend filter AO (24-120) because it is h1 time frame so you understand why I choose the numbers 4-24-120, it brings amazing results (pay attention to avoid the 3 * news) I really feel Steve and the admin team are like a wonder to me
Can you explain your setup more understandable for dimwits like me, please?
He will find this difficult to do. Namoroka is Vietnamese and is relying on Google translate.

tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

But he can explain this so differentiated in Vietnamese that Google Translate can make it understandable even in Kisuaheli, can't he?

Namoroka, best you post setfiles or templates. Those are the language we all understand.

Cheers
Thomas
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate

Return to “TDesk: A Thomas Special. The greatest trading tool ever.”