How to convert indicators to make them TDesk compatible

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Converting indicators so they are TDesk compatible is a relatively simple four step process – and probably really simple if you understand indi code. It baffles me, so the fourth step is largely a matter of experimentation for me.

I have attached the Ehlers Fisher Transform TD.mq4 indi that I converted to TDesk compatibility for wavegarrick and co (http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 18#p163218) I have rationalised some of the code here and added a few more comments, so use the version attached here so the line numbers match – the indi's workings are the same.

Doing a search for “// TDesk code” will take you to each of the four steps required for the conversion.

Step 1:
Line 23 includes the TDesk Include file at compilation time.

Step 2:
This takes you to line 103, inside the init() function. This is OnInit() in more up-to-date indi's. This tells TDesk which indicator is sending information; it needs any identifying name that is different to all other indicators on the chart.

Step 3:
This takes you to line 121 inside deinit(), or OnDeinit() in up-to-date indicators. This deletes the relevant signals from TDesk if you close a chart or delete the indi.

Step 4:
This is where life gets sticky if you are as blank about indi code as I am. You will be at line 278.
I have defined the variable 'Final' to hold a value that tells the indi what signal to send to TDesk. This indi holds a value of >0 or <0, depending on whether the result of its calculations are positive or negative but we only need the result of the latest calculation. This appears to be held in buffer1[limit]. I have 2,000 bars on my charts, so limit = 1999 and I confirmed this by adding a temporary Alert(limit) to the code. Temporary alerts can be very helpful when you are trying to work out what is going on.

You will find step 4 a doddle if you understand indi code. The rest of us might need some trial-and-error time.

Start converting to your heart's content.

:xm: :rocket:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
pacinvest
Trader

Post by pacinvest »

Thanks, Steve just another example of how strong the team is.........the mind boggles re what is coming around the corner.......

With the version of EFT you have just posted I can not get the indy to display EFTD correctly on my TDesk matrix, it shows all pairs as long arrows. I am running with your first iteration on Leon's tread which only shows slope, it seems to work fine. Probably something simple......
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

pacinvest » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:04 pm wrote:Thanks, Steve just another example of how strong the team is.........the mind boggles re what is coming around the corner.......

With the version of EFT you have just posted I can not get the indy to display EFTD correctly on my TDesk matrix, it shows all pairs as long arrows. I am running with your first iteration on Leon's tread which only shows slope, it seems to work fine. Probably something simple......
Works fine here apart from freezing the platform. Try running fewer pairs.

That apart, I don't care. I am using this (probably badly written) Crap Custom Abortion purely for explanatory purposes. You want the CCA to work? Sort it out yourself.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
pacinvest
Trader

Post by pacinvest »

Hey Steve I get it and appreciate your efforts greatly, I will do some more work on this quietly.
cheers

Return to “TDesk: A Thomas Special. The greatest trading tool ever.”