Desky. TDesk's trading drone.

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1k is in post 1. This has the option to tell Desky to trade only at the open of a new candle. How useful this will be is questionable, so please read the details in the user guide.

I have included a note about adding non TDesk compatible indicators into the mix via iCustom() calls, at the end of the guide.

Desky draft 1 is complete now, so start setting up your demos for testing to start after the markets re-open.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Bloop alert

Post by SteveHopwood »

davista is hacking the code and just emailed with a bloop spot, so I fixed it an uploaded the fix to post 1.

It is an easy change to make. Go to line 3530 which is:
SendSellGrid(symbol, OP_SELLLIMIT, ask - (DistanceFromMarket / factor), Lot );

This should be:
SendSellGrid(symbol, OP_SELLLIMIT, bid + (DistanceFromMarket / factor), Lot );

Thanks David. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Repeat bloop alert

Post by SteveHopwood »

Same bloop as above but different line and bloop spotter.

Mauro is hacking the code and just emailed with a bloop spot, so I fixed it an uploaded the fix to post 1.

It is an easy change to make. Go to line 3567 which is:
SendSellGrid(symbol, OP_SELLLIMIT, ask - (DistanceFromMarket / factor), Lot );

This should be:
SendSellGrid(symbol, OP_SELLLIMIT, bid + (DistanceFromMarket / factor), Lot );

Thanks Mauro. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

wallywonka
Trader

Post by wallywonka »

Seems the EA is only opening one trade, can we have it open more than one trade like on a fresh signal?
Holbroom
Trader

Post by Holbroom »

I've loaded the latest version of Desky and TDesk, out of the box settings, but trades are being closed as soon as they're opened, I've disabled "Close trade on opposite signal" and set a TP and SL for the time being.
Ehrenmat
Trader

Post by Ehrenmat »

I found the reason for the immediate closure but didn't have time to look through the code:

It's the option to CloseOnOppositeSignal. Set it to false and Desky works as proposed.

As Steve pointed out, Desky is in development and therefore, he wrote in the code:

Code: Select all

//Early days in the development of this trader, so I am keeping it simple. Just one trade at a time.
And Steve is totally right! Look at the pace of the development of TDesk and Desky. This whole thing is only six weeks old (!)and look where we are already!

Give those guys a breath, be humble to have this forum and be happy to be part of this whole fx evolution!

Most of us are only consuming what very few brilliant minds code in their spare time!

Just saying...

Cheers :hi:
Remember: A few hours of trial and error can save you minutes of looking at the README
Geges
Trader

Post by Geges »

Holbroom » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:25 am wrote:I've loaded the latest version of Desky and TDesk, out of the box settings, but trades are being closed as soon as they're opened, I've disabled "Close trade on opposite signal" and set a TP and SL for the time being.
From Desky user guide pdf:

CloseTradesOnFlatSignal: this tells Desky to close all trades when the signal changes from LONG or SHORT back to FLAT. You define how TDesk defines FLAT for an exit in Tdesk's SuperSignalsExitOperator input. I have mine set to MultiSignalsOnly as the default of MultiORSoloSignals was causing trades to close too quickly.

I made this change in tradedesk and solved the problem.

Cheers.
Holbroom
Trader

Post by Holbroom »

I'm not complaining, I'm merely pointing out a bug, if I had the know how I would have fixed it myself, the amount of time and effort these guys put in is beyond spectacular, I am more than happy to donate to the cause which would be my contribution, as I'm constantly on the road so don't have time to learn code.
Ehrenmat » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:51 am wrote:I found the reason for the immediate closure but didn't have time to look through the code:

It's the option to CloseOnOppositeSignal. Set it to false and Desky works as proposed.

As Steve pointed out, Desky is in development and therefore, he wrote in the code:

Code: Select all

//Early days in the development of this trader, so I am keeping it simple. Just one trade at a time.
And Steve is totally right! Look at the pace of the development of TDesk and Desky. This whole thing is only six weeks old (!)and look where we are already!

Give those guys a breath, be humble to have this forum and be happy to be part of this whole fx evolution!

Most of us are only consuming what very few brilliant minds code in their spare time!

Just saying...

Cheers :hi:
davista

Post by davista »

Holbroom » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:25 am wrote:I've loaded the latest version of Desky and TDesk, out of the box settings, but trades are being closed as soon as they're opened, I've disabled "Close trade on opposite signal" and set a TP and SL for the time being.
Ehrenmat » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:51 am wrote:I found the reason for the immediate closure but didn't have time to look through the code:

I've spotted a couple of simple reversed logic errors in Desky which I believe is causing the instant closing of new trades when CloseOnOppositeSignal is set to TRUE. I sent Steve a PM and I'm sure he'll look into this and verify my proposed fix, but if you want to try a fix yourself in the meantime then this is what worked for me:

Go to line 3418 which is:
CloseAllTrades(symbol, OP_BUY);

This should be:
CloseAllTrades(symbol, OP_SELL);

Then go to line 3435 which is:
CloseAllTrades(symbol, OP_SELL);

This should be:
CloseAllTrades(symbol, OP_BUY);

Cheers
Dragonian
Trader