Desky. TDesk's trading drone.

Dragonian
Trader

Post by Dragonian »

Hello Steve,

Any idea what's going on here? Only happened since switching from V3xxx to V4. I'm running Windows 10.
I don't think I've altered any settings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TTFN

Bill
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Dragonian » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:41 pm wrote:Hello Steve,

Any idea what's going on here? Only happened since switching from V3xxx to V4. I'm running Windows 10.
I don't think I've altered any settings.
Nope. Not a clue.

Ok, so I can see what is going on, but not why.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Dragonian
Trader

Post by Dragonian »

OK, thanks for looking.
TTFN

Bill
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

Hi.

Strange. A malfunction of the display() function. The gap between the objects is way too large. We never had this before, did we?

Cheers
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

tomele » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:28 pm wrote:Hi.

Strange. A malfunction of the display() function. The gap between the objects is way too large. We never had this before, did we?

Cheers
We do get gaps from time to time but no, nothing like this.

I suggest ignoring it, irritating though it is. It is merely a cosmetic thingy after all.

Another thingy to consider. Here in almost 2020, we are torturing Crapql4/Empty4 into doing stuff way, way, way beyond the concept of its originators back in 2005.

And then we are trying to run it under Crapdows.

There are going to be insoluble glitches. Best not to worry about them.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 4a is in post 1, with another feature added be Ehrenmat.

There is a new input in the Trading Styles section that tells Desky to add market trades following another signal if the pair is has open trades that are at a pips loss. From the updated user guide:
OnlyAddMarketTradesAtFloatingLoss: this tells Desky to add market orders only if the existing position is in negative pips territory. It is applied to individual pairs and so is ignored by whole-platform basket trading routines. It is another contribution by Emrenmat, so thanks again Mat.
DUYers, download 4a and do a search for: OnlyAddMarketTradesAtFloatingLoss to see what Mat has added. There is also a function to add, so search for: string timeFrameToString(int iPeriod) and copy the function into your existing version.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 4b is in post 1, with the feature requested at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 84#p169284

Find the inputs immediately below the "Maximum trading pairs safety feature" section. From the updated user guide:
  • Maximum no of trades per day: this allows traders to limit the number of trades that Desky can take each day. Note that this feature uses the broker's time as it cannot be applied to your local time. It only counts market orders, so ignores pending trades. It counts open trades as well as closed trades in your order history tab:
    • MaxTradesPerDay: this is the maximum number of trades you will allow. The default value of zero turns this feature off.
    • ApplyToIndividualPairs: this tells Desky to apply the maximum only to individual pairs. For example:
      • MaxTradesPerDay = 4:
        You can have 4 GU trades and 4 EU trades and so on.
    • ApplyGlobally: applies this maximum across all orders on the platform with Desky's magic number.
To add the code to your own edited version, download the file from post 1 and do a search for: MaxTradesPerDay. There is also a new function to add: bool maxTradesPerDayCheck(string symbol)

wallywonka
Trader

Post by wallywonka »

Seems to be a bug in 4b where it won't open a sell trade if set to open trade immediately. If you set to pending it will place the pending sell okay.
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

wallywonka » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:07 pm wrote:Seems to be a bug in 4b where it won't open a sell trade if set to open trade immediately. If you set to pending it will place the pending sell okay.
Make sure your MaxTradesPerDay input is set to zero.

wallywonka
Trader

Post by wallywonka »

SteveHopwood » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:27 am wrote:
wallywonka » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:07 pm wrote:Seems to be a bug in 4b where it won't open a sell trade if set to open trade immediately. If you set to pending it will place the pending sell okay.
Make sure your MaxTradesPerDay input is set to zero.

Steve, yeah it is on Zero but only opens Buys when set to send trades immediately...

I am just using pending now as a workaround, no idea why it's happening.

Return to “TDesk: A Thomas Special. The greatest trading tool ever.”