Desky. TDesk's trading drone.

rahmatfx

Post by rahmatfx »

SteveHopwood » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:41 am wrote: I have no idea what the cause of your problem is, nor will I investigate. Desky responds to signals generated by TDesk. Apart from the ignored anti-trend stuff and the usual trade management features, it has no independent decision making code. It is up to you to decide how to make Desky behave in response to TDesk signals.

I will mention just one thingy from your post: MaxTradesPerDay = false

MaxTradesPerDay is an integer not a boolean. Setting it to 'false' is the same as setting it to zero, as 'false' has the integer value of zero. Desky probably should not be trading at all at this value.

:xm: :rocket:
Thank you for your fast response, Steve. I have to do more experiments with Desky for sure. :arrrg:
efxd89

Post by efxd89 »

Hi Steve,
I'm wondering if I add a manual trade with the same comment and magic number will Desky treat it is its own trades?
For example if I want to hedge two .01 lot buy trades in EURUSD and open a .02 lot Sell with Hedge comment and BE @ $20, will Desky manage it until it gets to BE? :?:
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

efxd89 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:29 am wrote:Hi Steve,
I'm wondering if I add a manual trade with the same comment and magic number will Desky treat it is its own trades?
For example if I want to hedge two .01 lot buy trades in EURUSD and open a .02 lot Sell with Hedge comment and BE @ $20, will Desky manage it until it gets to BE? :?:
The comment is irrelevant here. The magic number is how Desky recognises that he owns the trade.

Desky's default magic number is 0; this is the same as manually sent trades, so he will take over management of any such trades. You will need an order sending script that allows you to send a non zero magic number if you have set Desky's MagicNumber input to non zero.

Bear in mind that Desky responds to TDesk signals, so the most likely effect of manually opening a hedge trade is that he will instantly close it. That is why he has no built in hedging facility.

Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
efxd89

Post by efxd89 »

SteveHopwood » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:02 am wrote:
efxd89 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:29 am wrote:Hi Steve,
The comment is irrelevant here. The magic number is how Desky recognises that he owns the trade.

Desky's default magic number is 0; this is the same as manually sent trades, so he will take over management of any such trades. You will need an order sending script that allows you to send a non zero magic number if you have set Desky's MagicNumber input to non zero.

Bear in mind that Desky responds to TDesk signals, so the most likely effect of manually opening a hedge trade is that he will instantly close it. That is why he has no built in hedging facility.

Thank you Steve,
I'll test it to see what happens. ;)

Edit:
It didn't delete my manual trade, So I guess whenever hedging is on and there are opposite open trades, Desky will treat them is hedge trades, right?
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

efxd89 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:20 am wrote:
Thank you Steve,
I'll test it to see what happens. ;)

Edit:
It didn't delete my manual trade, So I guess whenever hedging is on and there are opposite open trades, Desky will treat them is hedge trades, right?
Looking at the inputs, I guess it depends on what your closeTradesOnFlatSignal, closeOnOppositeSignal and closeOpenOnEXITSignal inputs are.

This may seem strange to you, but I do not understand or use TDesk. Desky is the easiest EA I have ever needed to code. All it has to do is respond to TDesk signals. How the TDesk user sets TDesk to generate the signals is entirely down to the user. Desky does not care.

The reason I do not use TDesk is not a criticism of TDesk. Thomas has developed TDesk and the universal drones so that people unable to write their own code can create trading systems that can be tested quickly and easily. They can manually follow the TDesk signals manually or can employ Desky to do this for them.

When I want to test something, I can create the EA that does so in a matter of minutes. So I do not need TDesk.

I repeat but will not do so again: Desky has no inbuilt hedging coding. He responds to TDesk signals. What those signals are is down to how you set up TDesk and the indis/charts/drones associated with it. Desky does what TDesk tells him to do. TDesk has no hedging signals.

That last paragraph should be a moderately simple thingy to grasp, I think. Try hard enough though, and you can probably fuck up, but that is down to you. Fuck up your TDesk inputs and you will fuck up Desky. Add stuff/trades/anything else that TDesk and Desky are not intended to deal with and you will fuck them both up.

Try hard enough and you can break anything, however idiot proof the creator/coder/manufacturer tries to make it. TDesk ain't for the faint-hearted, ignorant, lazy or dim witted. Learn to use it properly. As an alternative, spend a decade as I have learning to code this stuff for yourself. I am a bit thick, so it should not take you so long.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1j is in post 1, with the fix to the trailing stop thingy already well documented at SHF. Go to the Goostrider thread if you want to DIY.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1k is in post 1. This has two new inputs in the trailing stop section. From the updated user guide:
  • TrailAfterBreakevenOnly: this tells Desky to start trailing the stop loss only after the stop has been moved to break even. Remember to set your breakeven inputs as Desky enables UseBreakEven automatically.
  • TrailStartsAtProfitPips: this tells Desky to wait until the market reaches the order open price plus these pips. For example, an entry of 20 here tells Desky to start trailing at open price + 20 pips. A zero value turns this feature off.

c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

Hi Steve,

I was downloading the latest version of Desky from post 1 but it is version 1k is this the latest as I have versions as late as 3q?
1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

c1borg » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:03 pm wrote:Hi Steve,

I was downloading the latest version of Desky from post 1 but it is version 1k is this the latest as I have versions as late as 3q?
What probably happened is that I meant to renumber something else and did it to Desky by accident. 1k is the only version I have.

c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

SteveHopwood » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:32 pm wrote:
c1borg » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:03 pm wrote:Hi Steve,

What probably happened is that I meant to renumber something else and did it to Desky by accident. 1k is the only version I have.

No worries as long as its the latest code thats the main thing :smile:

Return to “TDesk: A Thomas Special. The greatest trading tool ever.”