Hopelessly confused by TDesk or Desky? Ask here.

thomas1386
Trader

Post by thomas1386 »

Hello,
i hope someone has an answer for my problem. I have set up two identic Tdesk's - one on my demo account and one on my live account. It is the same broker. The set up contains a ccfp and an adx Signal by eax pins and a superslope signal from SPB EA. The settings of SPB are the same but the signals sent to Tdesk are a little bit different. Unfortunally the signals on my live account are wrong. For example the EURNZD pair on my live Tdesk shows a short signal but the correct Signal is long. I will attach a few Pictures...

I would be happy about every idea to solve this problem because the superslope signal is the most important signal in this Setup.

Thomas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ehrenmat
Trader

Post by Ehrenmat »

Hey Thomas,

from my experience, all the SPB EA's TDesk signals are only refreshed when they have Live Trading enabled from the Empty4 platform side in the Expert's General inputs. Can you please check, if this setting is enabled? To block SPB itself from trading on its own, you need to set the "Autotrading enabled" feature to false in the Input section of SPB.

Cheers,

Mat

:hi:
thomas1386 » 3 minutes ago wrote:Hello,
i hope someone has an answer for my problem. I have set up two identic Tdesk's - one on my demo account and one on my live account. It is the same broker. The set up contains a ccfp and an adx Signal by eax pins and a superslope signal from SPB EA. The settings of SPB are the same but the signals sent to Tdesk are a little bit different. Unfortunally the signals on my live account are wrong. For example the EURNZD pair on my live Tdesk shows a short signal but the correct Signal is long. I will attach a few Pictures...

I would be happy about every idea to solve this problem because the superslope signal is the most important signal in this Setup.

Thomas
Remember: A few hours of trial and error can save you minutes of looking at the README
thomas1386
Trader

Post by thomas1386 »

Thank you very much,

it was the main "Auto Trading" button on the top. :arrrg: I stopped auto trading on my live account with this button because I am still only demo trading this setup to see if it has an edge. I deactivated live trading in desky and activated the main auto trading button and now all signals are the same.

@ Ehrenmat: I have got another question to you. I am trying to make the universal buffers drone work with the adx indicator. The signal shall be null if the adx line is rising and is over 20. If the adx line is falling or is under 20 the signal shall be flat. This funktion is similar to your ATR Volatility MA indicator you published in the User Indicators Playground. Have you got an idea how to make this work?

Thank you, Thomas
degoor1975

Post by degoor1975 »

Hi, my first post here so bear with me for a while :)

I am trying to trade a recovery system originally developed by Joseph Nemeth in his YouTube channel.

The system among other things compares the colors of Heiken Ashi bars on 4 different TFs.

I set it up on TDesk and for the Heiken Ashi indicator I use Heiken Ashi TD by fx800 from TDesk User Indicators Playground.

When I set up 4 Heiken Ashi TD by fx800 indi-s on the source template timeframed 4H, 1H, 30Min, 15Min and run the template in TDesk I am getting only uniform indications for all the TFs. It seems the indi takes into account only the current TF of the chart TDesk is supposed to open and not the TF that is encoded into the template.

So here is a screenshot of the system run first with 4H Tdesk TF (left) and after that with 15Min TF (right).
TDesk-HA-error.png
Am I doing anything wrong or the indi is supposed to work that way?

Basically I need this indi to work on multiple TFs at the same time. If in its current state of development it is not supposed to do that then I will have to code it myself for that job. Hope to be getting some help along the way!

Trade safe and have fun!

EDIT: Now when I am thinking about it, it might be easier just to make the original (non TD) indicator to work at a specific TF and not on the current TF as it is currently set. Then I shall need only to make 4 versions of it for my TFs (15,30,60,240 min) and instead of attaching one indi in the template I will attach 4 and they should be able to do the same job. Obviously quite a dirty hack from non-programmer but it might work out ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In trading as in life you need to learn only from the best!
RMSSC
Trader

Post by RMSSC »

Good evening,
I rented the VPS that Steve recommended, but I'm having trouble running more than one Empty4 Demo.
The question I am going to ask will probably be very stupid on my part, but I would like to know how to reduce the consumption of VPS resources.
I know that history is extremely important, but until what level is necessary to run the SPB with TDESK and Desky.
My current Empty4 settings are as shown in the image below.
If anyone can enlighten me it would be great.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

RMSSC » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:13 pm wrote:Good evening,
I rented the VPS that Steve recommended, but I'm having trouble running more than one Empty4 Demo.
The question I am going to ask will probably be very stupid on my part, but I would like to know how to reduce the consumption of VPS resources.
I know that history is extremely important, but until what level is necessary to run the SPB with TDESK and Desky.
Cut those history nd chart bars right back to 2,000. You do not need any more for any of the SPB tribe or Moving Day. Probably for nothing else, either.

Minimise everything. You do not need charts showing on a VPS, nor do you need the individual platforms showing all the time.

Contact Eaymon and complain. Granted, I am paying for the highest plan available (power user?) but this only costs me $40 a month and I am currently running 15 demo platforms on it.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
eaymon
Trader

Post by eaymon »

SteveHopwood » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:54 pm wrote:
RMSSC » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:13 pm wrote:Good evening,
Cut those history nd chart bars right back to 2,000. You do not need any more for any of the SPB tribe or Moving Day. Probably for nothing else, either.

Minimise everything. You do not need charts showing on a VPS, nor do you need the individual platforms showing all the time.

Contact Eaymon and complain. Granted, I am paying for the highest plan available (power user?) but this only costs me $40 a month and I am currently running 15 demo platforms on it.

:xm: :rocket:
we do have bigger servers, just not advertised
eaymon
Trader

Post by eaymon »

RMSSC » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:13 pm wrote:Good evening,
could you message me your email/name so i can check whats going on in your server?

Eaymon
RMSSC
Trader

Post by RMSSC »

Good Morning,
Thanks in advance Steve and eaymon for the quick intervention, it is always great to know that we have experienced people to answer us.
I always put the values that came by default in Empty4, because I have read to run Force History what I interpreted that we need a lot of history. This a doubt that i have, because sincerely I am ignorant in programming :roll:
Eaymon I will send my email and name by P.M.
Cheers
RMSSC
eaymon
Trader

Post by eaymon »

Hey,

So other than the optimizations that Steve recommended, the other is your screen resolution. it's wayyy too large!

One thing to remember is that these remote computers were designed for Empty4 and are not as powerful as your home desktop. the graphics cards on these are really basic.

I run mine at around 1440x900 where as yours is at 2560x1440.

here's an article on how to change your resolution if you don't know how to.
https://fxvps.biz/members/index.php?rp= ... UTION.html

one other thing is that chrome is really heavy too... so always close it after using it.

Regards,

Eaymon Latif

Return to “TDesk: A Thomas Special. The greatest trading tool ever.”