Hopelessly confused by TDesk or Desky? Ask here.

taipan
Trader

Post by taipan »

trader689 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:39 pm wrote:thanks Taipan, that is really baffling. i've set it up now as per any other tdesk demo.

update: ive restarted the terminal, and there are a load of these messages:

2020.01.09 08:31:00.142 TDesk Trading Partner EA USDTRY,H1: TDeskSignals ERROR: Empty TDTRADE symbol found

does that provide any clues?

thanks, trader

taipan » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:26 am wrote:[/attachment]I was able to setup the TDesk as per Vokin's files. Nothing changes except using the USD files as UBD as per Trader689 explaination. BTW, Signals immediately appeared once setup is completed. See attached TDesk chart.
Try to remove some strange symbols in your Navigation Window of Empty4, just make sure all the 28 symbols are available in the Navigation Window, remove the rest of unwanted symbols.

taipan
trader689
Trader

Post by trader689 »

Taipan can you do me a favour and upload your main tdesk dashboard as a template and your UBD screen as a template as well? I want to make sure I'm eliminating all other variables here, and I haven't gotten a definite template from a working setup yet. Sorry to be a pain

Thanks, trader
Vokin
Trader

Post by Vokin »

Sorry guys for your troubles, please do not stone me. Sending the correct files and settings (i hope). TDesk Trading Partner is last version (download it) with basket setting, no settings yet for Daily done.
Good Luck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trader689
Trader

Post by trader689 »

THANKS VOKIN.

it's finally working for me - i didn't realise that it was a universal signal drone i needed ( not a universal buffer drone) - i mistakenly said that you had put a typo labelling them as 'usd', my apologies

but it was caught when i had an error message trying to load your USD template, which told me exactly which indicator was missing (the universal signal drone) - which is why it is really useful to have templates for more complicated setups such as this

thanks all! :yahoo:

trader

Vokin » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:07 pm wrote:Sorry guys for your troubles, please do not stone me. Sending the correct files and settings (i hope). TDesk Trading Partner is last version (download it) with basket setting, no settings yet for Daily done.
Good Luck.
wallywonka
Trader

Post by wallywonka »

Universal Buffer Drone setfile attached for Jurik Trend envelopes mtf alerts 1.02
M5_Jurik_TDesk_UBD for JurikTrendEnvelopes.set
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
taipan
Trader

Post by taipan »

trader689 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:23 pm wrote:Taipan can you do me a favour and upload your main tdesk dashboard as a template and your UBD screen as a template as well? I want to make sure I'm eliminating all other variables here, and I haven't gotten a definite template from a working setup yet. Sorry to be a pain

Thanks, trader
Sorry, I was on travelling for last 1 week, did not see the reqest until today. I had also made the same mistake using UBD and not USD.

CHEERS,
TAIPAN
lemur6666
Trader

Post by lemur6666 »

Guys,

I am stuck. Desky won't close open sell although Tdesk claims signal is EXIT.
I have checked Deksy's settings and it CloseOpenOnEXITSignal = true.
I have also checked that signals are valid 60 minutes.

Thanks.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

lemur6666 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:45 pm wrote:Guys,

I am stuck. Desky won't close open sell although Tdesk claims signal is EXIT.

Thanks.
I cannot help you. I always check Desky's code when something like this comes up and can see nothing wrong. I suspect the issue would have come up more often had there been a bloop in the code.

Counter-trend scalping apart, Desky makes no decisions for himself and responds only to TDesk signals. What you think TDesk is showing is not what he is actually showing or Desky would receive the EXIT signal and close the order.

Good luck sorting this out.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

lemur6666 » 27 Jan 2020, 18:45 wrote:I am stuck. Desky won't close open sell although Tdesk claims signal is EXIT.
Hi Lemur.

I am interested in investigating this "problem".

First, we have to make sure that TDesk is indeed signalling the EXIT signal to Desky that is shown in the dashboard. If your reported situation occurs again, please do the following:

- Press F3 to open the window of global variables.
- Search for a variable named "TDTRADESIGNAL/XXXXXX/..." with "XXXXXX" being the symbol.
- Note down the value of this variable

The value from above should be "4" for an EXIT signal. If this is true, we have to go on from there.

By the way, are you sure Desky "owns" the trade that doesn't get closed? Does it have the right magic number and comment?

Cheers
Thomas
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
lemur6666
Trader

Post by lemur6666 »

Thank you for your interest guys. :hi:

Unfortunately Desky closed metioned trade overnight as fixed SL had been triggered.
On the other hand that suggests that Magic no./ Comment agreed. Anyway I've checked
the statement - account is 3 days long. Magic no./ Comment do agree.

Eversince I have been trying to trigger FORCEEXIT in Tdesk again to check Global Variables as Thomas suggested but I have failed to make it happen. I will start anew tomorrow with some simple USD's on 5M timeframe. :arrrg:

I will get back to you on this.

Return to “TDesk: A Thomas Special. The greatest trading tool ever.”