Hopelessly confused by TDesk or Desky? Ask here.

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Ehrenmat » Mon May 18, 2020 11:52 am wrote:
PS: As far as I know, positions/trades that are already open will only be managed by Desky if they have Desky's Magic Number and Comment
Just to confirm: yes to magic number; the comment can be anything.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
lamdog330
Trader

Post by lamdog330 »

Hello, what's the best way to approach this exit strategy?
I want to exit by SolarWindJoy crossing above or below 0 but each TF will have a it's own signal and I don't want the M15 to close a H1 trade.

Here's what I have right now.

ForceExitOnDisagreeSignals Exit1/M5,Exit2/M15,Exit3/H1
Any

AFAIK, the only way to do that is to have 3 different Empty4 (login to same account) with each managing its own TF. Is there a better way?
lamdog330
Trader

Post by lamdog330 »

There's must be a setting I am missing that prevent TDesk to update and send the signal to Desky, perhaps. I've been monitoring for hours and testing and trying different settings on the logic until I realize a TDesk restart will make it work one time.

Please look at NZDUSD.

The Exit logic works but I can't seem to get it to Exit automatically without clearing variables AND reloading TDesk by clicking another TF (or restart Empty4). After that, it executes perfectly one time. I can repeat this step with other pairs in same Exit condition

The first pic is before restart
Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 9.56.52 AM.png

The second pic is after a restart of Empty4 and clear variables. About 15 seconds later.
It executes the Exit immediately.

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 9.57.47 AM.png

I've attached my TDesk and Desky setfiles if needed.

Things I've tried and doesn't work
- Restart Windows
- Restart Empty4 without clearing variables
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

lamdog330 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:31 am wrote:Hello, what's the best way to approach this exit strategy?
I want to exit by SolarWindJoy crossing above or below 0 but each TF will have a it's own signal and I don't want the M15 to close a H1 trade.

Here's what I have right now.

ForceExitOnDisagreeSignals Exit1/M5,Exit2/M15,Exit3/H1
Any

AFAIK, the only way to do that is to have 3 different Empty4 (login to same account) with each managing its own TF. Is there a better way?
Hi lamdog,
The way you currently have it, is that with your setting of "any" is that your trade will close if any of the above mentioned signals disagree.
There is no other way around it,
Cheers
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

So if you have it as "force exit on opposite signals" on the 1hr timeframe it should do just that.

Cheers.
lamdog330
Trader

Post by lamdog330 »

Wavegarrick » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:25 pm wrote:So if you have it as "force exit on opposite signals" on the 1hr timeframe it should do just that.

Cheers.
Thank you. It eliminated one of the Exit that shouldn't be there.
On my completely new and fresh install of Empty4 and setup, I am still getting a significant delay for TDesk to update the SuperSignal so it will EXIT. If there's no flat signal, then ForceExit won't work.

From the TDesk below, there's a Down arrow on the Exit column. I screen cap them at 17 mins since the last update. One closed at 19 mins and one at 25 mins after the signal for Exit but TDesk didn't update the SuperSignal. If I clear the variables and reload TDesk, then it will update the SuperSignal and close the trade immediately. I just did it while typing this and it closes 3 pairs.

This is the last struggle I have.

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 6.35.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 6.35.35 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lamdog330
Trader

Post by lamdog330 »

I managed to workaround it.

I setup a macro to emulate the mouse to click every 3 mins.
- On TDesk, click another TF
- Drag the Variable Cleaner to TDesk screen
- Click TDesk on the Wait 60 seconds screen.
- wait 3 mins
- Click a different TF and repeat.

So far so good. I use another PC to monitor the trades with the same setup but without Auto Trading enabled.
Josh
Trader

Post by Josh »

I would very much appreciate guidance here. I have read the whole lot of posts relating to setting up and running TDesk. Yet, cannot work out what I doing wrong.
I have downloaded and carefully placed various indicators, sets, expert and scripts where they are supposed to go in my Empty4 platform. I have then applied the "Slopey Peaky Desk 1 and Slopey Peaky Desk 2 templates. the Attached are screen captures of what i am getting after applying the 2 templates.
When I edit the parameters an alert to download the latest version appears. But of course I have the latest version. I don't understand what is appearing on applying template 2. Thanks for your advice.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Josh » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:02 pm wrote:I would very much appreciate guidance here. I have read the whole lot of posts relating to setting up and running TDesk. Yet, cannot work out what I doing wrong.
I have downloaded and carefully placed various indicators, sets, expert and scripts where they are supposed to go in my Empty4 platform. I have then applied the "Slopey Peaky Desk 1 and Slopey Peaky Desk 2 templates. the Attached are screen captures of what i am getting after applying the 2 templates.
When I edit the parameters an alert to download the latest version appears. But of course I have the latest version. I don't understand what is appearing on applying template 2. Thanks for your advice.
All I can do is remind you that Desky has no autonomous activity apart from the largely ignored counter trend feature. He responds only to TDesk signals; these signals are generated according to what you send to TDesk.

There must surely come a point where, "I tried to break it until it broke" applies? For sure, it looks to me as though you are torturing the whole thing beyond its breaking point.

It is impossible to code absolutely every ludicrous demand that might be made of a piece or software. Especially when dealing with Empty4. When there are only two programmers involved with a budget of bugger all instead of a vast team backed by a budget of millions like, say, Craposoft. And think how often they fuck thingies up.

Wouldn't care to reevaluate your approach to all this, would you?

Not really a suggestion, to be honest.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Maximilian
Trader

Post by Maximilian »

Josh » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:02 pm wrote:I would very much appreciate guidance here. I have read the whole lot of posts relating to setting up and running TDesk. Yet, cannot work out what I doing wrong.
One thing I noticed is that on Desky broker time an local time differ alot. So maybe you lost connection to your broker? That could also be the reason, why all symbols in market watch are grey and not black.
Just my thoughts,
Maximilian

Return to “TDesk: A Thomas Special. The greatest trading tool ever.”