TDesk Universal Drones

tomele
Administrator

TDesk Universal Drones

Post by tomele »

Hi @all.

It turned out that the built-in code for HGI in the Universal Signals Drone (USD) was faulty. New version 2.2 is in post 3.
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
pacinvest
Trader

TDesk Universal Drones

Post by pacinvest »

Hi Thomas and team

I am working on a 'Bob' combo version running from TDESK and I have struck a couple of things I would like to ask you about. They are both minor in nature but my aim is to understand all that's going on so I can trade live.

I want to run USD drone (HGI 16.09) which doesn't activate popup alarms or any alarms really based on your preset from usage lessons thread. I have set up my custom parameters file as per instructions using USD vers 2.2 and compiled. Line 23 looks like this:

#define Params_1 true, 30, false, false, false, false, false, true, false,false // turns off alerts

My USD indicator params parameter is set to: params_1
So what happens when I do this is TDESK fails to reload and I presume hangs up on something, I set custom parameters file back to default positions and everything works as normal.

The second thing I have noticed is in USD with HGI 16.09 preset I wanted to experiment with max age signal parameter. When I set it to 8, the result in TDESK is that all signals are displayed as flat and this does not change over time. Would be nice to know what is going there.

A question relating to the above when the USD HGI 16.09 preset (yours, max signal age = 0) is working does the trend signal stay active until the first exit signal comes along? That seems to be the way it is working? Could you confirm please?

Thanks in advance for your patience with my learning curve.

Cheers
vince
tomele
Administrator

TDesk Universal Drones

Post by tomele »

Hi Vince
pacinvest wrote:I want to run USD drone (HGI 16.09) which doesn't activate popup alarms or any alarms really based on your preset from usage lessons thread. I have set up my custom parameters file as per instructions using USD vers 2.2 and compiled. Line 23 looks like this:

#define Params_1 true, 30, false, false, false, false, false, true, false,false // turns off alerts
As far as I know, if isiCustom (the first parameter) is true, there will be no alerts. You can omit the rest.
pacinvest wrote:My USD indicator params parameter is set to: params_1
So what happens when I do this is TDESK fails to reload and I presume hangs up on something, I set custom parameters file back to default positions and everything works as normal.
That is strange. TDesk and USD are independent programs.
pacinvest wrote:The second thing I have noticed is in USD with HGI 16.09 preset I wanted to experiment with max age signal parameter. When I set it to 8, the result in TDESK is that all signals are displayed as flat and this does not change over time. Would be nice to know what is going there.
Depends on your settings. Please send me your USD setfile.
pacinvest wrote:A question relating to the above when the USD HGI 16.09 preset (yours, max signal age = 0) is working does the trend signal stay active until the first exit signal comes along? That seems to be the way it is working? Could you confirm please?
Yes, that is true.

Cheers
Thomas

(Mark Twain)

pacinvest
Trader

TDesk Universal Drones

Post by pacinvest »

Hi Thomas

I have sorted my little problem with custom parameters using USD HGI, and your advice to set first parameter to true works fine to set alarms to off, thanks.

Re the max age bars question, I need to do another little test to clarify what is happening. Be back to you when I am clearer on problem. Again thanks. After a lot of testing with a variety of indicators my attention has turned back to HGI in multi-timeframe mode. None of my current testing uses max bars because this interferes with HGI's ability to identify the point trending changes to ranging which is a key element I want to build into strategy. HGI will be around when a lot of others indys have disappointed. Feel free to delete these posts from me to tidy thread.

cheers
vince
Last edited by pacinvest on Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
tomele
Administrator

TDesk Universal Drones

Post by tomele »

pacinvest » 03 Aug 2019, 21:39 wrote:HGI will be around when a lot of others indys have disappointed. Feel free to delete these posts from me to tidy thread.
Hi Vince. I won't as I think exactly the same.

Cheers
Thomas

(Mark Twain)

taipan
Trader

TDesk Universal Drones

Post by taipan »

Hi Thomas,

Is the TDesk Universal Buffer Drone Pair list is space limited? One of the broker currency pair is having .var as suffix and therefore I tried to enter 28 pairs but due to space limitation, only managed to enter 24 pairs.

Is it any thing I can do to enter 28 pairs with .var as suffix?
bodavid
Trader

TDesk Universal Drones

Post by bodavid »

Hi,

Here is a non recompiled version of Fisher similar to "mega" with it's UBD set file.

Cheers,
Ben
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by bodavid on Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
isabek
Trader

TDesk Universal Drones

Post by isabek »

Hi, Thomas.

One question - what about trade pairs' suffixes and prefixes? Shoud I add them to SymbolsList parameter?

If so, then the list would not fit :cry:

ps. split to 2, added new drone
tomele
Administrator

TDesk Universal Drones

Post by tomele »

Hi.

Good point. I might add this feature.

Cheers
Thomas

(Mark Twain)

isabek
Trader

TDesk Universal Drones

Post by isabek »

Hi, traders!

Are anyone used UBD or USD for smFlyingBuddha Signals_v2 (FB)?

Please can you share your settings?

Mine for UBD
UBD FB_test.set
Seems no signals, or should I wait

For USD
USD FB_rann.set
With this set, there are signals, but they are old, however signal age set to 0 bars.

I am in confusion.

BR,

Isabek.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “TDesk: A Thomas Special. The greatest trading tool ever.”