Taipan's Super Trend Setup

taipan
Trader

Post by taipan »

c1borg » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:12 pm wrote:Just thought I would report on progress as ive reached 100% profit on my $800 account which started in late August :yahoo:

The setup has changed along the way with small tweaks and the TDesk/Desky updates as they came along. Drawdown is still concerning and 2020's challenge will be to target this, I know we have several possible solutions to try :)

Thanks c1borg for the set files, will give it a spin. I am also struggle to change all the settings without success.
taipan
Trader

Post by taipan »

@C1borg,

Can you post your TDesk Universal buffer Drone template so that we can have the same results.
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

taipan » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:01 am wrote:@C1borg,

Can you post your TDesk Universal buffer Drone template so that we can have the same results.
No problem find attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
taipan
Trader

Post by taipan »

c1borg » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:15 pm wrote:

No problem find attached
Thanks for the share. Cheers.
trader689
Trader

Post by trader689 »

thanks c1borg, one more question - the main chart template you are using, is that the default one from post 1?

thanks, trader
c1borg » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:15 am wrote:

No problem find attached
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

trader689 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:59 pm wrote:thanks c1borg, one more question - the main chart template you are using, is that the default one from post 1?

thanks, trader

No problem find attached
Oops somehow missed your post :oops: please find mine attached :smile:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trader689
Trader

Post by trader689 »

thanks c1borg, will load this up over the weekend and reset my demo. I had been using your other settings (ubd template, tdesk and desky setfiles) - but with the other chart trading template shared previously by tapian/ehrenmat. That combo did not fare well this past week, with a large drawdown and no banked profits.

Incidentally how has your test fared over this past week, has it also been a bumpy ride?

trader
c1borg » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:25 pm wrote:
trader689 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:59 pm wrote:thanks c1borg, one more question - the main chart template you are using, is that the default one from post 1?

thanks, trader

No problem find attached
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

trader689 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:37 am wrote:thanks c1borg, will load this up over the weekend and reset my demo. I had been using your other settings (ubd template, tdesk and desky setfiles) - but with the other chart trading template shared previously by tapian/ehrenmat. That combo did not fare well this past week, with a large drawdown and no banked profits.

Incidentally how has your test fared over this past week, has it also been a bumpy ride?

trader
c1borg » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:25 pm wrote:

thanks, trader

No problem find attached
You are correct low equity recently :? will have to see what pans out. I have an idea to close the basket when equity reaches a set negative level not sure how to do this any thoughts? :youknow:
Capture.PNG
taipan
Trader

Post by taipan »

My results of TDesk ea with TDesk trading partner ea using SuperTrend setup is not consistant and was trying to tweak the setup for many months and till todate has not been successful. Initially the results were good and can almost made a profit to nearly 100% in 2 weeks due to good market conditions. But once market changed direction, all the profit is gone and even lost some of the capital. Hence I am stop testing this setup and will find another good setup again in the future. Of course, this is just the demo and no money is lost.

Thank to Thomas, Steve and Bodavid and others that rendered the help in this thread.

taipan
Vlad11

Post by Vlad11 »

Hi All,

I am not sure if anyone else is struggling with this setup but it seems most of this has expired by now and would need an update

Also just a question is regards to the indicators here, is the MEGA FX PROFIT repainting? Because it seem to both recalculate and repaint heavily on most of the simulators I have tested it on. This in combination to the fact that we cannot find the logic behind it. There are realistically only 4 important indicators for any strategy, that include Volume, Volatility, Momentum and Trend. I have sometimes found users of this form post setups with two momentum indicators, like fisher transform, and stochastics. Both tell you the exact same things really. I have tested the X Super Trend indicator and it is a Volatility indicator, specifically it uses ATR logic, infact go the the charts and use a Chandelier Exit or an ATR Trailing Stop and you will find the same results, so that is volatility covered, but no volume, perhaps my opinion is to replace MEGA FX with a Volume indicator like the Waddah Attar, since we are scalping here. Here is the bad news, the strategy may or may not work, certainly the way it is setup now it can be improved but as usual volatility should not be the center spotlight of any strategy, way to many false signals, there needs to be confluence. Great to see the Super Slope there too but the issue I am having is that this dose not work on TDesk anymore, not sure if the devs would be willing to spend some time trying to get it restarted and see how we can improve this strategy. The good thing about the ATR Super trend is that it locks in profits as the trade develops, it is however not an entry indicator at all, use this as entry and you might breakeven at best, here is the issue, if someone can get it up on T Desk again and get it started and I can include a few other indis, such as volume for starters, I know FX is decentralized but this is still important then I can make it worth that somebody's time. I think we can develop this strategy as a good scalper with minimal drawdown and precise entry, may not be suitable to those without leverage but if this works, then we can basket trade it like no tomorrow. On a serious note someone was looking to develop or refine this strategy on here and was quite keen on collaborating, I am all for collaboration, in fact I do not understand why traders do not fundamentally agree on a single strategy, it is puzzling that at this day and age we are still trying to reinvent the wheel. The good this about the T Desk if it works is that we can fully automate this with sound risk management of course but for newcomers such as myself T Desk is very difficult to operate and comes with no instruction manual, unlike Desky. I am all open if someone wants to PM me and we can share some ideas together or if you feel comfortable or it dose not spam this form then let us discuss here. I Finally I would like to point out that this setup has expired on T Desk and is no longer compatible. Many thanks! :good:
taipan » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:41 am wrote:Hi BoDavid (Ben),

Addition:

Ben, could you move the latest Complete xSuperTrend Package zip file on the 06082016 to the 2nd post as requested by Thomas. Thanks.

Complete setup, presets, indicators and templates are attached in the zip file. Use the templates to launch the charts, only 3 charts are required. The TDesk Universal Buffer Drone indi is not included, you can download from the forum. Also, the TDesk v6.8 & TDesk Trading Partner EA are also not included, download from the forum.

Thanks Thomas to make the initiative to create this thread on my behalf.

taipan.

I recently demo an EA written by JoseLuis using an indicator called xSuperTrend. It is an amazing ea with low DD. I wonder whether you can make xSuperTrend compatible with TDesk using TDesk Universal Buffer Drone.
Just make the xSuperTrend indi configure using TDesk Universal Buffer Drone.
Here is the indicator:

22 August 2019
Update of my set files with improvement in Drawdown with reasonable profit:
There are 4 type of charts required, i.e. TDesk v6.8 EA, TDesk Trading Partner v3t, TDesk Universal Buffer Drone and the TDesk Indicators Chart (28 charts to be opened).

Note: Rename TDesk Indicators Chart.tpl to TDesk.tpl so that this template can be launched via
TDesk v6.8 EA Dashboard (Click Open All Charts). This can save the time to open individual indicator chart one by one.

The attached zip files with templates, use them to launch the charts.

For the TDesk Universal Buffer Drones, 5 indicators and set files are required: 1.) xSuperTrend Histogram, 2.) Symphonie_Trendline_Indikator, 3.) Mega, 4.) SlopyBuffers and 5.) PeakyBuffersTRD6

All files include experts, include, presets, indicators, and templates (templates same as above posted on the 22August2019) to be downloaded from here:

Return to “TDesk: A Thomas Special. The greatest trading tool ever.”