Taipan's Super Trend Setup

goldcourse
Trader

Post by goldcourse »

Hi taipan,

Firstly, congratulation to your excellent previous week's test results :good:
May I ask, were the results the fruit of the zip file updated on 22August2019 you posted in post #1?

Thanks and congrats again.

Rgds
Vincent
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

I know before you state the obvious this hasnt been running very long but..... you begin to get a sixth sense about these things when you have been messing about with setups over several years. Ive changed tack with my development lately concentrating on DD and not so much on profit, we have several good systems on the site but almost all of them fail eventually fail due to high DD at some point

Starting to get some good results with this particular setup after trying several demos, by evolution ditching the bad keeping the good and changing the relevent settings. Notice the low DD which is the key to any good system, up until now I couldnt get better than 13% without killing off all the trades. Early days but this has encouraged me as its lived through all the recent volatility :smile: Other setups running over the same period had unacceptably high drawdown.
Capture.PNG
Capture1.png
Capture4.png
Watch this space....... there's some light at the end of the tunnel...... lets hope its not a train :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
befusion

Post by befusion »

Very low DD!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

Excellent! Nice to see somebody repeating the same results :good: I notice you have a large account I like to use $800 for my demos, but other than that impressive :smile:
rjectweb

Post by rjectweb »

Hi there,
I'm also testing this EA. Thanks a lot to the great coders for making this EAs possible.

My setup is 22August2019.zip. 1.) xSuperTrend Histogram, 2.) Symphonie_Trendline_Indikator, 3.) Mega, 4.) SlopyBuffers and 5.) PeakyBuffersTRD6. Grid enabled according to setup (3pips), maximun loss allowed of -1500€

I think this EA and setup is very promising, but I wanted to share my results and hopefully we could find a way to operate this EA with less DD. My results have been great so far, but after ECB speech this afternoon, EUR seems to have gained a lot of strength and many open trades in EURAUD and EURNZD got in deep red. The DD is not yet very high (around 7%) but I feel it would have been better to accept the loss in those pairs before the rush instead of opening so many grid orders (more than 60 now). I think that even if this DD finally turns into a winning basket, it would have been better to have less DD and accept the loss that those pairs had before the speech (around 200E in total). EURNZD and EURAUD had already 50 open trades. It was a warning sign. Accepting the losses sooner could have been a good idea because the EA could recover this loss in a few days. Right now most of the allowed orders by the broker are already open and if EUR continues going up it is possible to fill all of them (not trading other pairs) and finally accepting the loss of -1500 that it is what my settings have right now.

After this basket, I think it would be interesting to continue testing the EA with a smaller max loss allowed (500€ ?). Also, if it is possible, limiting the grid (the number of open positions and possibly the distance between them) and having a maximun allowed loss by pair (I have to look if this is possible), I think it would be of help.

The idea is this EA seems to be able to produce big profits with low DD in very little time. I think it might be profitable cutting the losses sooner. Not having to win everyday and everybasket. But of course, not sure if accepting more frequent losses could kill the profits.

Any otehr ideas to reduce the DD? thanks a lot in advance

taipan1.PNG
taipan1_1.PNG
taipan2.PNG
taipan2_2.PNG
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

I can't really directly compare as again you are using a large balance, and therefore you can better absorb the DD you are speaking of. My system is under greater pressure due to the low starting point and is slightly different in terms of indicators to Taipans original setup.However this in my mind, is no where near as important as your Desky/TDesk settings.

Here are some small observations without delving into your setfiles.
rjectweb » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:05 pm wrote:Grid enabled according to setup (3pips)
You dont mention grid type or size but 3 pip spacing is too close for me
maximun loss allowed of -1500€
I found any system that I tried looses eventually, using stop losses of any kind.
My results have been great so far, but after ECB speech this afternoon, EUR seems to have gained a lot of strength and many open trades in EURAUD and EURNZD got in deep red. The DD is not yet very high (around 7%) but I feel it would have been better to accept the loss in those pairs before the rush instead of opening so many grid orders (more than 60 now).
You are firstly over trading the EUR, use a balanced approach to spread risk, this applies to any currency. More than 60 trades :shock: I strongly advise you re-evaluate your grid trading.

Im certainly no expert but hope these few ideas point you in the right direction to help you to sleep at night :smile:
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

c1borg » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:32 pm wrote:I know before you state the obvious this hasnt been running very long but..... you begin to get a sixth sense about these things when you have been messing about with setups over several years. Ive changed tack with my development lately concentrating on DD and not so much on profit, we have several good systems on the site but almost all of them fail eventually fail due to high DD at some point

Starting to get some good results with this particular setup after trying several demos, by evolution ditching the bad keeping the good and changing the relevent settings. Notice the low DD which is the key to any good system, up until now I couldnt get better than 13% without killing off all the trades. Early days but this has encouraged me as its lived through all the recent volatility :smile: Other setups running over the same period had unacceptably high drawdown.

Watch this space....... there's some light at the end of the tunnel...... lets hope its not a train :lol:
Hi Ciborg,

Immaculate results! :good: The problem with me, Where are you at? and are you sharing your latest setup files here?. I can only congratulate and share my joy with your results but how beneficial is it to all the rest of us. I would like you to be more open with your developments.

Cheers
Leon
Artattack

Post by Artattack »

Hi.

Finding myself in a similar situation to rjectweb (trading 2 Eur currencies) and I should know better from past experience.
Trading currencies with a possible high impact news event looming is asking for trouble. It is a gamble and not worth the risk. Even if things go your way, they never seem to be good enough to counter the losses when they take place.
We have the option to block trades and exit trades prior to, during and after news events and I think that is the best way to go rather than stop losses or similar methods.
Just dont trade a currency that is due a news event. Wait for it to pass and move on.
It just takes away any of the worry and that has got to be a good thing.

I have decided not to enter any high impact news event trades 24 hours prior to that event and resume 30 minutes after.
Next one coming up is the USD so I have blocked that currency and will skip starting any new trades with the USD until after the news.
Not sure what to do if I was already in a USD trade. Probably monitor it and just exit it closer to the time.
Sojourner
Trader

TDesk User Indicators Playground

Post by Sojourner »

taipan » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:09 am wrote:Here is my result of xSuperTrend Histogram GP Demo today with amazing results with 2 basket closures with 6.5% drawdown.
:
May I ask what that template is in your pic? None of my stuff looks like that. :geek:
taipan
Trader

TDesk User Indicators Playground

Post by taipan »

Sojourner » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:13 am wrote:
taipan » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:09 am wrote:Here is my result of xSuperTrend Histogram GP Demo today with amazing results with 2 basket closures with 6.5% drawdown.
:
May I ask what that template is in your pic? None of my stuff looks like that. :geek:
If you download the zip file named 22August2019 from the first post, it should be the same template as shown.

taipan

Return to “TDesk: A Thomas Special. The greatest trading tool ever.”