Brokers For Canadian & American Traders

TransparentT
Trader

Post by TransparentT »

eaymon » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:57 pm wrote:One other thing to be aware of on Forex Peace Army... when you see a lot of reviews back to back and then a gap. i.e. 10 reviews in 10 days then nothing for a month or two....

very suspect.
Thanks for the helpful advice, eaymon! It's good to keep these things in mind when hunting for a reliable offshore broker.
pakeha
Trader

Post by pakeha »

Tradeview Forex (Caymans) take Canadians... not sure about Americans.
TransparentT
Trader

Post by TransparentT »

pakeha » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:07 pm wrote:Tradeview Forex (Caymans) take Canadians... not sure about Americans.
Indeed they do! Canadians they take, Americans they won't.

I have them on a list of brokers to evaluate. If they have good trading conditions check out for the majority of instruments and everything else checks out, I'll add them to the list on Post #1. :youknow:
TransparentT
Trader

Post by TransparentT »

Post #1 has been updated with new brokers added to the first list. The number of brokers accepting Canadian and American traders has increased from 85 to 89 brokers in total.

We're just one broker away from a total of 90 candidates who will allow North Americans to trade with them.

This does not account for brokers who change their regulations or disappear from the Internet mysteriously, nor does it account for several brokers who have yet to respond to any of my emails.

Expect this list to steadily grow, then decline, then grow, then decline, and repeat this cyclical pattern as time goes on.
TransparentT
Trader

Post by TransparentT »

Post #1 has been updated with new brokers added to the first list. The number of brokers accepting Canadian and American traders has increased from 89 to 92 brokers in total.

Can I reach the magical number of 100? Not sure but I'll do my best. I'd be surprised if none of them magically disappear over the next 3-5 years...
TransparentT
Trader

Post by TransparentT »

Post #1 has been updated with some news about three brokers on the first list.

To summarize in one sentence: Finpro Trading appears to be completely out of business, Turnkey Forex seems to have been acquired by Coinexx, and SageFX is temporarily disallowing new USA residents from signing up with them due to a "market research" program.

I guess this would technically lower the number of brokers accepting Canadian and American traders from 92 back to 89 (90 if SageFX keeps their word and reverses their temporary ban on brand-new USA traders).

Not much else for me to say here. As always, Post #1 will be updated when something changes.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

TransparentT » Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:16 pm wrote:Post #1 has been updated with some news about three brokers on the first list.

To summarize in one sentence: Finpro Trading appears to be completely out of business, Turnkey Forex seems to have been acquired by Coinexx, and SageFX is temporarily disallowing new USA residents from signing up with them due to a "market research" program.

I guess this would technically lower the number of brokers accepting Canadian and American traders from 92 back to 89 (90 if SageFX keeps their word and reverses their temporary ban on brand-new USA traders).

Not much else for me to say here. As always, Post #1 will be updated when something changes.
Thanks TT. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
TransparentT
Trader

Re: Brokers For Canadian & American Traders

Post by TransparentT »

JohnnyRy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:54 pm For United States traders, I've been with IG US, LLC live for a year and a half. They are limited by CFTC/NFA regulations: 50:1 leverage and no hedging, but I have a right to request transaction history data reports from their trade server for specific trades--which I have received. I found nothing suspicious in the report. It was regarding a standard lot position closure during high volatility of the Guppy. However, I did notice that there were no trades in the report larger than 1 standard lot. This could be an issue for trading larger lot sizes. I will find out in September when I bump it up.

Thanks for the info, JohnnyRy! Eager to see your update in September 2023.
pakeha
Trader

Post by pakeha »

As a quick update

Sadly, Blackbull and Blueberry no longer take Canadian clients

Equiti is a new broker that takes Canadians and I assume US clients.
TransparentT
Trader

Post by TransparentT »

That's useful to keep in mind for anybody who is considering a migration to IG US. As you said, very odd decision to not be fully transparent with execution conditions.

Return to “Alternatives to Global Prime”