Welcome

Hey guys. Please read the sticky in this thread.

Welcome

Postby SteveHopwood » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:28 am

Welcome everyone.

There is a wealth of advice available here that is stunning in the expertise of the advisers. Some of the best brains trading Forex are contributing.

I will be in touch by PM later with my standard Welcome email. In it I describe where to get started amongst what would otherwise be a confusing mess of forums. Reading it will save you a lot of wasted time. Your access to stuff here is restricted until I send you this PM. Sorry about that; I explain why in my message.

Let's start with a description of each of the forums:

Our officially-sanctioned Broker Global Prime Forex
Global Prime is run by Jemook, one of our most valued and trusted members. Here, we have a broker we can finally trust.

Automated Trading Systems
In here you will find everything about EA's & trading robots. Feel free to suggest ideas for possible automation or follow along with the new EA's that are put out.

Nanningbob HGI
NB get's his own private section on this forum because his findings are what most on here consider to be revolutionary. There are plenty of ways to make money through his systems so find what works for you and stick to it.

Coders Hangout
There's quite a few coding whizz's on this forum and we are always mucking about making new EA's, indicators and scripts. If you get coding then jump in here and lend a hand. We'd love to hear from you

General Forex Discussion
Pop all your general threads about forex here. If your topic isn't specific to other parts of the forum then this is where it goes.

Manual Trading Systems
If you've come up with a great manual trading system please document it and release it here. We can help you test it out and work together to make it work. It's great sharing because others may see an angle that you haven't!

Trading Psychology & Money Management
Getting your head straight is one of the most important things to do in Forex. Money management is also key. It's one thing to have a killer strategy but if you haven't explored these areas in depth you cannot expect to be a good trader. Get into it!

Utilities, Indicators & Scripts
Everyone loves a good indi. If you've got some, why not share them? Otherwise have a browse through what other members have posted.

Know your Empty4 Platform
Empty4 is one of the most highly used platforms in Forex trading. Sure it drives us mad a lot of the time but if you have any questions on the platform then check out this section for info on Empty4.

Lounge
Kick back and chit-chat at the lounge. All off-topic posts go here.

Newbie Discussion
If you are new to Forex trading and have any questions please post them here.

Femme Fatales Forum
A place for the ladies to hang out. At this forum we all get along but if the girls want to chit-chat amongst themselves they can go here as well.

Commercial Wares
If it costs money it goes here. Simple as that.
There is also a business to business sub-forum for members to promote there non-Forex activities. This is a new section, but there are some interesting posts already, by people with great creative talent.

Spam hunting
Spamming is not allowed here and spammers are instantly banned and their posts removed; there is no warning, appeal or reprieve. When a spammer starts a thread, please do not post in that thread; this merely makes it harder for the mods to spot a spam thread as we only see the name of the most recent poster. Here is what to do when you spot a spam thread:
  • report it if possible to an Admin you see online, by pm. Look in the Board Index to see who is online. Copy the thread link location to the Admin. There is usually one of these on board and we can delete the dimwit completely within seconds.
  • if no Admin is available, then report the spam to a Global Moderator instead; find a GM in the same way you would find an Admin. There are always a few of these around. It takes a GM's a little while longer to delete everything associated with the dimwit.

Make yourself at home

A huge vote of thanks and round of applause to Erwin (fate12) for setting up this forum originally and for hosting it on his server during the first year of our existence. The purpose of this forum is to help members navigate the train-wreck that is Forex trading.

This forum has one rule only: be polite to one-another, and constructive. Negative people need not stay. You may be critical. You can say, for example, "I do not think this will work because......" You are not allowed to say, "This is rubbish and anyone who trades is a cretin."

Trolls, spammers et al, there is a team of moderators watching events here, with the power to delete your registration; this takes about 20 seconds. It took me longer to type the previous sentence than it takes for a mod to delete your registration. The mods do not waste time with warnings, so go and play somewhere else.

Absolute no-no's
Never post copyright material here. Doing so is the quickest route to being banned. Sorry to sound so threatening in a 'welcome' post but I take someone's copyright seriously and do not want to see this forum shut down because it was breached.

My code posted here
My work is open-source and free for everyone to use so long as users offer their adaptations freely also. Users are not free to use it for commercial purposes.

Battle-scarred veterans
Traders with a few years experience have a lot to offer the newbies, but it can be hard for the newbs to know who has experience. You will come to recognise that newbs and oldies speak with different voices, once you have been around for a while - the oldies recognise a newbie within the first sentence the newbie writes.

To help with this, we have a group called "Battle-scarred veterans." This is a group of traders with experience whose postings can be trusted to have the backing of experience. Group members' names are highlighted in a fetching light red colour. What this means is, "Newbies, listen to these members and trust their advice. They know what they are talking about." Moderators also have this level of expertise, or they would not be mods.

New members to this forum, you will be added to the BSV list as soon as your contributions make you stand out as exceptional. BSV members will bring you to my attention as a useful member and I will add you to the list. Also, if you are an experienced trader, then send me a pm saying so and I will add your name to the list.

Silent lurkers
No need to feel guilty about being a silent lurker; lurk silently to your heart's content. If you have nothing constructive or useful to say, members would prefer that you refrain from saying anything. You can emerge into the daylight when you feel confident enough to start making contributions - every knowledgeable contributor here knew nothing of any value at the start of his/her career. Especially me, and I now run a forum that attracts fantastic contributors; think about it.

Coders
There is a fantastic IDE being developed by one of our members, w633. Details at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 054#p16054.

There is a coders' group; let me know if you would like to be a member.

Newbie traders

A lot of the humour here is 'in group' humour and you need to have been around for a while to understand it. It is not intended to make you feel excluded. I 'grew up' in Forex terms, with a group of compatriots whose number expands with time; we all understand the 'in' jokes. Hang around a while and you will come to understand the humour and enjoy it as the rest of us do. As an immediate example, 'Upside-down land' = Australia/NZ because I live in the UK.

Then we have the Empty4 platform, usually referred to as Empty4. That is because it is rubbish. Likewise Crapq4 for the mql4 coding language; this is just plain unbelievable. As to Crapergy (Strategy) Tester shipped with Empty4 - don't get the rest of us started; especially, refrain from posting your Crapergy Tester results if you want to be taken seriously.

Having a warped and twisted mind helps. :lol:

In Conclusion

Have fun. The rest of us are.

:D
Read the effing manual, ok?

Global Prime is the official SHF broker. Click here to sign up for a live account with Global Prime and join the several thousand SHF members who wisely choose GP as their broker of choice.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Tommaso (milanese) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood

Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Re: Welcome

Postby Khalaad » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:00 pm

Steve,

Great to see you back in control.

Heartfelt thanks for keeping the flame of the giving spirit burning.

Also very special thanks to Erwin.

May your services to the ordinary Forex traders be long remembered.

Godspeed.

Khalid
Khalaad

Postby macman » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:51 pm

Subscribed - with pleasure.

looking forward to good stuff here.

Thanks Steve
This account takes ALL software generated trade calls from my FXW training course and is used to develop money management routines.
http://www.mt4i.com/mt4ichart.aspx?c=ch_tradewin&id=student-demo
macman

Location: Somewhere on a European waterway, on my classic (old) Dutch barge

Postby alex_forex » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:10 pm

It smells Liberty right there .... :)

We will be able to put the Fun'o'meter to the rev limiter :)

Regards
Alex
alex_forex

Postby hiredwhip » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:13 pm

Nice new digs Steve.....And I agree the Fun-O-Meter will fit nicely on the wall here

Have a great day

whip
A rainy day is of enormous value to both the farm and the farmer....Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish....
hiredwhip

Postby batemap » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:20 pm

Hi All

Glad to be aboard!

Thanks to Erwin (fate12) for supplying the infrastructure, so that Steve can carry on with the coding.

Paul
batemap

Postby dkwak » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:27 pm

Steve,
It's a great idea !
Looking forward to learning fun stuffs from you and other members here..

Dan,
dkwak

Postby Fate12 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:30 pm

Glad I can help guys, give it some time to grow and develop and I'm sure we'll have a great hangout here.
Fate12

Postby Dixpat » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:35 pm

Congratulations Steve

You now have a place you can call your home.

Thanks to all who make forex trading just a little less daunting
Dixpat

Postby lhDT » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:55 pm

Hi Steve,

Great idea (again?! humm ...) !!

++
Lio
lhDT

Next

Return to Welcome