Moving Day for the hopelessly confused. Ask here.

jptwardy
Trader

Post by jptwardy »

I've read the install docs for MD - but oanda usa does not show the xauusd symbol - I tried the update all history script. Can I use a different symbol to load MD onto? Thanks
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

jptwardy » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:43 am wrote:I've read the install docs for MD - but oanda usa does not show the xauusd symbol - I tried the update all history script. Can I use a different symbol to load MD onto? Thanks
Use a chart you do not trade then enter the chart symbol into your ReservedPair input.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
jptwardy
Trader

Post by jptwardy »

Thanks - I looked into GP but theny do not accept us accounts.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

jptwardy » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:03 pm wrote:Thanks - I looked into GP but theny do not accept us accounts.
There is a neat solution available. GP allows anyone a demo account, then you can use Ditto to send the trades generated on demo to Oande - details and download at viewtopic.php?p=165552#p165552

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

jptwardy
Trader

Post by jptwardy »

I saw the info about ditto - I set up a demo account with GP. To run MD on Oanda I don't need ditto do I - MD does not hedge? But if i use ditto then I would still need to set FIFO as true since it still goes through Oanda?
Thanks
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

jptwardy » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:08 am wrote:I saw the info about ditto - I set up a demo account with GP. To run MD on Oanda I don't need ditto do I - MD does not hedge? But if i use ditto then I would still need to set FIFO as true since it still goes through Oanda?
Thanks
Don't know. Don't care. Never had to use it. I have pointed you in the right direction. It is up to you what you do with the info. You have questions about Ditto? Ask them in the Ditto thread. I find it mildly astonishing that you seek information about Ditto here.

Well, maybe not 'mildly'.

Alp4991

Post by Alp4991 »

Hi all, firstly id like to apologize in posting here i have tried to remain a silent lurker for as long as possible but I've been have not been able to figure this out for days now. When i upload moving day for beginners onto my FXTM broker Empty4 platform the moving day Ea runs perfectly executes trades as it must everything is 100% but when i load the Moving day EA to my main broker which is Fort FX everything everything just stays at 0 (please see attached images below) i have checked settings, i have tested other Ea's on the platform which then work perfectly, i have checked automated trading settings all is in order. can someone please advice what perhaps i might be doing wrong or what will be the cause of this? Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

Alp4991 » Fri May 21, 2021 10:31 am wrote:Hi all, firstly id like to apologize in posting here i have tried to remain a silent lurker for as long as possible but I've been have not been able to figure this out for days now. When i upload moving day for beginners onto my FXTM broker Empty4 platform the moving day Ea runs perfectly executes trades as it must everything is 100% but when i load the Moving day EA to my main broker which is Fort FX everything everything just stays at 0 (please see attached images below) i have checked settings, i have tested other Ea's on the platform which then work perfectly, i have checked automated trading settings all is in order. can someone please advice what perhaps i might be doing wrong or what will be the cause of this? Thanks in advance.
This EA runs just fine everywhere else so the problem lies with your so-called 'broker'.

Dump Fort and join a sensible brokerage. If you are able to sign up with Global Prime and you have not done so despite all the advice given here at SHF, then you are an idiot.

Return to “Moving Day”