Moving Day

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Moving Day

Post by SteveHopwood »

Have a look at this folks:
XAUUSDH1.png

I have attached the setfile that achieved this, The trigger trade is a stop order 20 pips away from market. The grid size is 5, 10 pips apart. The TP is 70 pips. I opened the demo on May 17th.

Login details if you fancy beaking in.
Login: 2183916
Investor: 30ef8f9

:xm: :rocket:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Moving Day

Post by SteveHopwood »

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

woodlands
Trader

Moving Day

Post by woodlands »

Two weeks on with all control now by MD,(that dip in equity was the robot removing itself and me not paying attention) have adjusted BE and JS for this week to 4 and 2 pip jump, the opposite SL to 15
2020-06-13_MD with BE and JS.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
woodlands
Trader

Moving Day

Post by woodlands »

After that Friday drop I have now changed this to TDesk and desky with exit signal by M15 30 Expo Close MA for the coming week, otherwise was all going well :(
2020-06-14_MD.png
Danyblu
Trader

Moving Day

Post by Danyblu »

Hello everyone, I've just started my Forex journey and tried some MQL5 programming before discovering this forum. I'm now trying to understand the Moving Day EA and just started to read a bit of the code, thanks for making it available!

I think I've discovered a very minor bug at the start, if I catch something like that, where should I report it? If this doesn't fit here or I am in the wrong, I am sorry, I will delete my post.

I think the code should say "UseSingleTradingMethod = true;" instead of "UseGridTradingMethod = false;"

Code: Select all

//Nothing enabled
   if (!UseSingleTradingMethod)
      if (!UseGridTradingMethod)
      {
         Alert("You have not enabled a trading style. I have enabled the single trading style for you.");
         UseGridTradingMethod = false;
      }//if (!UseGridTradingMethod)
SteveHopwood
Owner

Moving Day

Post by SteveHopwood »

Danyblu » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:00 pm wrote:Hello everyone, I've just started my Forex journey and tried some MQL5 programming before discovering this forum. I'm now trying to understand the Moving Day EA and just started to read a bit of the code, thanks for making it available!

I think I've discovered a very minor bug at the start, if I catch something like that, where should I report it? If this doesn't fit here or I am in the wrong, I am sorry, I will delete my post.

I think the code should say "UseSingleTradingMethod = true;" instead of "UseGridTradingMethod = false;"

//Nothing enabled
      {
         Alert("You have not enabled a trading style. I have enabled the single trading style for you.");
Great to see you getting your hands dirty by looking under the hood of CrapQl coding.

These two statements have the same effect:
if (UseSingleTradingMethod == false)

The '!' in if (!UseSingleTradingMethod) means that if the conditional is 'false' then there is no further action to be taken. '!' = not.

The code checks for a user selecting a trading method and then aborting further running if neither has been selected - no point in running if no trading method is selected. I call this sort of thingy an 'Idiot check'.

Maximilian
Trader

Moving Day

Post by Maximilian »

Hi Steve,
I wondered why my ScaleoutStopLoss trades were triggered at levels, I didn´t wanted them to. So I had a look at the code and in bool scaleOutStopLoss

//Calculate the number of levels the price has dropped by.
   int levels = (int) (lossPips / distanceBetweenTrades);   
"distanceBetweenTrades" needs to be changed into the extern "distanceBetweenLevels".
Your way of explaining your code is awesome and makes a noob undestand what you´re doing and what´s going on. I added my own trigger (not profitable so far) and thanks to your documentation it was quite easy.
I have one question though:
Why do you convert the externs you use into another variable for example
extern int DistanceBetweenLevelsPips= 5,

and later you define

DistanceBetweenLevels = DistanceBetweenLevelsPips;

Why is it better to use another variable instead of the extern variable?

Cheers,
Maximilian
biobier
Trader

Moving Day

Post by biobier »

Maximilian » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:48 am wrote:Why is it better to use another variable instead of the extern variable?
Reason is that variables defined as input/extern are not allowed to change during runtime, they are like constants (once set they are read only). That is why they are taken over into a variable.
Maximilian » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:48 am wrote:"distanceBetweenTrades" needs to be changed into the extern "distanceBetweenLevels".
I think you are right... distanceBetweenTrades is defined for the grid trading and DistanceBetweenLevels is for ScaleOutSL but nowehere used in the code. Good spot!
Must-reads for FOREX NOOBS as me:
Help for Newbies.
Information For Beginners
tomele
Administrator

Moving Day

Post by tomele »

Reason is that variables defined as input/extern are not allowed to change during runtime, they are like constants (once set they are read only). That is why they are taken over into a variable.
This is true for input variables while extern variables may very well be changed during runtime. This is the reason for having two types of variables here. From the reference: "Unlike input variables, values of extern variables can be modified in the program during its operation."
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
SteveHopwood
Owner

Moving Day

Post by SteveHopwood »

Danyblu » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:00 pm wrote:Hello everyone, I've just started my Forex journey and tried some MQL5 programming before discovering this forum. I'm now trying to understand the Moving Day EA and just started to read a bit of the code, thanks for making it available!

//Nothing enabled
      {
odrisb wrote to point out that I misunderstood your post and that you are correct, so thanks for pointing this out. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I will post a fix later, when I have added Maximilian's fix.

DIYers, do a search for: UseGridTradingMethod = false;

Change the 'false' to 'true'.

Return to “Moving Day”