Moving Day

lamdog330
Trader

Moving Day

Post by lamdog330 »

TradingMastermind » Thu May 28, 2020 4:31 pm wrote:
trader689 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:01 am wrote:hey Gertje

sure, I can share the setfile I'm using but I'm fairly confident my settings are correct, given that there wasn't really lot to tweak, but if someone wants to check it have attached

thanks, trader

Thats almost exactly the settings I am using, I have recently though turned off ForexWiki and reduced the Shirt Protection settings as I found it getting low on margin at times.

I will attach a copy of my setfile below.

Apart from that I don't know why I am getting better results than others. I am running the same settings on more accounts and getting similar results.

~Here's a GP Demo started with 2K and 0.05 lot size on 17th May showing similar growth

And a ICmarkets account started on 20th May, 1k with a 0.05 lot, also performing similar.

Heres the setfile

I'm not closing any trades manually or interfering in any way with the EA. I'm just letting it do it's thing.

TM

Thanks for sharing. Here's my difference and mine DOESN'T well (break even at best), but just for everyone's reference. I used text-compare.com to find differences.

TakeProfitPips=75
IndividualBasketTargetPips=80
BasketTargetPips=250
BasketTargetCash=0.0
KnockOffForDayAfterClosure=false
UseForexKiwi=true
FkMinimumMarginPercent=500
DeletePendingsBelowThisMarginLevelPercent=300
CloseDeleteAllBelowThisMarginLevelPercent=125
tikku

Moving Day

Post by tikku »

I used the same settings as TM. But TP = 100 and without the Hard stop loss pips = 300 entry.
Results below:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
c1borg
Trader

Moving Day

Post by c1borg »

Quick update....

After a lot of blood sweat and tears I am starting to get some clues of how to control this monster, and the good news is it is certainly a monster when it takes off :smile:
capture.png
I have learnt so much in the last 10 days and found two major problems to solve
1. Prevent the losses which constantly happen
2. Capture the massive wins when they appear

I think I have problem 1 under control :yahoo: but problem 2 is proving more difficult, I have failed to find an automatic method to reap the profits when they arrive. When this system takes off it does so in spectacular fashion ive watched live several trades which go +500 pips on one pair, only to retrace and close with a loss. The results above were completely hands off automatic trading, but what you cant see are the massive trades we missed :cry: yes you could trade this manually to capture these losses but that's not really feasible, for me.

So my plan is to keep experimenting :youknow:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
woodlands
Trader

Moving Day

Post by woodlands »

This with APTM BE and JS , 20pip and 10 pip grid
I was becoming concerned until Friday when we are suddenly in sync with market again... :good:
2020-05-30_MD with APTM JS.png
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Moving Day

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have updated post 2. There is another demo you folks can follow.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Moving Day

Post by SteveHopwood »

Sorry to have been a bit quiet of late folks.

We have a new star in our midst and I have been working on a couple of projects with him.

New toy: viewtopic.php?p=170426#p170426 This one appears to have accurate code at last. There is another coming soon.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Moving Day

Post by SteveHopwood »

Reuben strikes again folks. New toy: viewtopic.php?p=170450#p170450

acostafulano
Trader

Moving Day

Post by acostafulano »

c1borg » Sat May 30, 2020 3:28 am wrote:Quick update....

I have learnt so much in the last 10 days and found two major problems to solve
1. Prevent the losses which constantly happen
2. Capture the massive wins when they appear

I think I have problem 1 under control :yahoo:

So my plan is to keep experimenting :youknow:

I've only finished catching up with these threads and am now in the process of thinking the 6 demos I will be setting up (All of them with slight variations). I've already figured out the TP methods I want to try out, but it's Point 1. that I'm having a hard time deciding what I want to try out.

I'm not sure if going with the defaults (30 SL Opp from MA) or try something faster like a hard 30 or 40 pip SL.
I gather from your posts that you've already experimented a bunch with these?

Any comments, feedback or suggestions will be much appreciated for setting up my demos (which I will share here once they're up).
PLease note I'm using the plain version of the EA here, not through TDesk or any extra tools
SteveHopwood
Owner

Moving Day

Post by SteveHopwood »

Attached is a set file that is doing well on demo:
  • the trigger trade is a stop order 20 pips away from the current price.
  • grid size i 5, at 10 pips distance.
  • Lot size is 1.
  • Global basket TP is $1,000, so adjust this to suit your lot size.
Beak in if you want:
Login 2185100
Investor j4mhezj

Brief news of the other two: Millipede is doing brilliantly although none of the 'legs' are lasting long; Stacked is getting slaughtered.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Moving Day

Post by SteveHopwood »

There was a (now corrected) typo in the login details in my previous post. The 'i' on the end should have been a 'j' i.e.
Login 2185100
Investor j4mhezj

Return to “Moving Day”