Moving Day

ilvez

Moving Day

Post by ilvez »

Hi guys,

Onboarded MD and it seems very promising start to simple, yet effective EA.

It seems something is bit wonky with the Basket Cash Trailing Stop (BCTS) feature.

I have all deals set to one basket (TreatAllDealsAsBasket=true)

I wanted MD to collect profit only using BCTS feature, had it set to 25/10. Turned off any BasketTargetCash or Pip settings (zero).

Unexpectedly MD closed down today at the same time my 2 live pair basket of CHFJPY (-12.9€) and USDCAD (+16.37€) with total net profit of just 3.47€. This did not went down as expected. No OppSide SL or other targets were hit.

While I was slightly relieved to get out of CHFJPY, it still is not the correct way how BCTS should function.

My basket settings:
MDSettings.JPG
CHFJPY deal:
CHFJPY_12May.JPG
USDCAD:
USDCAD_12May.JPG
Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Thanks and good luck!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
woodlands
Trader

Moving Day

Post by woodlands »

It works fine for me, the only difference is I have a basket target also.
Maybe that affects the TS, try putting a basket profit that would be acceptable and see if it triggers normal reaction from the TS......
woodlands
Trader

Moving Day

Post by woodlands »

To Tuesday the very small account, all closed for the day:
2020-05-12_$100 acc.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ilvez

Moving Day

Post by ilvez »

Thanks! I suspected too, that missing hard BasketCash target was perhaps the issue. Added nice big one and later cash trailing worked for two open pairs like a charm.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Moving Day

Post by SteveHopwood »

ilvez » Tue May 12, 2020 11:37 am wrote:Hi guys,

Onboarded MD and it seems very promising start to simple, yet effective EA.

It seems something is bit wonky with the Basket Cash Trailing Stop (BCTS) feature.

I have all deals set to one basket (TreatAllDealsAsBasket=true)

I wanted MD to collect profit only using BCTS feature, had it set to 25/10. Turned off any BasketTargetCash or Pip settings (zero).

Unexpectedly MD closed down today at the same time my 2 live pair basket of CHFJPY (-12.9€) and USDCAD (+16.37€) with total net profit of just 3.47€. This did not went down as expected. No OppSide SL or other targets were hit.

While I was slightly relieved to get out of CHFJPY, it still is not the correct way how BCTS should function.

My basket settings:

CHFJPY deal:

USDCAD:

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Thanks and good luck!
You moron. woodlands saved your SHF life today. Send him a PM with a grovelling thank you and a deposit to his paypal account. A large deposit.

How the bloody hell fire do you expect MD to do anything other than close the position when you have globally set it to close when your cash TP is 0?

For crying out loud. I have come up with the idea, coded (most of) the EA and written the damn user guide -at deep personal cost and sacrifice as I loathe detest and despise writing the bloody thingies and only do so so that I do not have to answer moronic questions posted by the likes of intellectually challenged crumbwits like you.

And no, 'crumbwit' is not a word. I just made it up to indicate my level of irritation with you.

Mind, you are lucky.

Imagine my reaction to investigating the code for the last 5 hours, looking for a 'bug' that turned out to be merely a fiction of your own stupidity.

Actually no. Perhaps better not to imagine that. It would have been spectacular and would have resulted in your removal from this forum. I do not take kindly to my code being questioned by 15th rate dullards like you. In reality, I take exceptionally unkindly. Terminally unkindly.

So do yourself a favour and keep your head down. Remind me of your existence again and you will not enjoy the result.

Capiche, dimwit?

Oh and folks, just in case there is still anyone here thick enough to fail to recognise what happens when you tell and EA to close at a cash or pips profit of zero and are stunned when the result is a few dollars loss, here is my advice: sod off and find something less financially disastrous than trading Forex as you are going to lose all your money.

Not that said fatuous, inane, childish, infantile individuals will not have been able to read that concluding paragraph. It was a touch on the long and involved side and included several multi-syllable words. Sorry about that; I will try to do better in the future. I will try to use words of, um, no more than one sound. I will try hard to do this in the, ummm, guide that ummm, says UG. Wow. That was hard. A whole long bit of words of no more than one bit are hard to make.

Moronic poster, do not take my usual sign off as encouragement. You are on my radar. I am merely being my usual sunny self.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Moving Day

Post by SteveHopwood »

Having written the above, my conscience pricked me and sent me to read the User Guide. Without formatting because I cannot be arsed, it says:
All trades belong to a single basket: this is treating all trades with the EA's magic number as part of a whole-position basket. The use of the three inputs
TreatAllPairsAsBasket, BasketTargetPips and BasketTargetCash should be obvious. You are seriously in the wrong forum if not. ▪
You are seriously in the wrong forum.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

ilvez

Moving Day

Post by ilvez »

I sincerely apologise for causing the confusion, thank you for explanations.

The reason of my confusion was different logic applied to my other EA, which allows EQTrail feature work as a global variable and by turning BasketPips and BasketCash hard targets to zero meant that EQTrail fully controls the total profits.

I followed the logic from MD user manual, whereas zero target means that the target is ignored for individual basket:

"IndividualBasketTargetCash: a target in cash. Moving Day will ignore thistarget if it is set to 0."
ilvez

Moving Day

Post by ilvez »

Please don't shoot me at the spot, but maybe I have found a way to improve CloseAllDeals aka Nuclear Script.

Say you are happy with the current total profit and want to close all positions, but still want to keep the MD in action and not to use KnockOffForDay function after manual closure.

When I executed Nuclear script right now with KnockOff disabled, it closes all the deals, but immediately re-opens sell order grid for EURCAD, even after the market has recrossed the EMA (see pic). Yes, it acts according to MD spec as the tip of last H1 candle is below EMA, but the market has moved up from EMA and there is potential risk of it going further wrong way.

Would it make sense to adjust the Nuclear script/MD in a way that it does not re-open grid if the market price has recrossed the EMA in opposite direction from last H1 candle when? The initial conditions are not the same as when the MD would have opened the sell grid.

Thanks!
EURCAD_14May_SellOpenInBuy.jpg
SteveHopwood
Owner

Moving Day

Post by SteveHopwood »

ilvez » Wed May 13, 2020 9:47 pm wrote:Please don't shoot me at the spot, but maybe I have found a way to improve CloseAllDeals aka Nuclear Script.

Say you are happy with the current total profit and want to close all positions, but still want to keep the MD in action and not to use KnockOffForDay function after manual closure.

When I executed Nuclear script right now with KnockOff disabled, it closes all the deals, but immediately re-opens sell order grid for EURCAD, even after the market has recrossed the EMA (see pic). Yes, it acts according to MD spec as the tip of last H1 candle is below EMA, but the market has moved up from EMA and there is potential risk of it going further wrong way.

Would it make sense to adjust the Nuclear script/MD in a way that it does not re-open grid if the market price has recrossed the EMA in opposite direction from last H1 candle when? The initial conditions are not the same as when the MD would have opened the sell grid.

Thanks!
I have endured enough of your idiocy. You are now consigned to that august group of dimwits unable to do anything other than read posts and download software.

Try to post again and your post will come up for moderation. I will see it and will instantly ban you altogether. Once banned, there is no way back; Tommaso has installed security software that prevents banned former members from rejoining.

Not that I care, but your long term interests are best served by keeping your head well down, doing a lot of reading, a lot of thinking and a lot of learning. Not that I think you are capable of this but hey; I do not care. I am only posting a reply to you as a warning to others considering behaving equally stupidly.

Gertje
Trader

Moving Day

Post by Gertje »

Not to add confusion to this thread but only trying to help people.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5830&p=170180#p170180

I added bands @ 20 & 140 pips above and below the MA, to show the entry and TP on any pair.
My goal is to see if there will be a sweet spot, and maybe make groups using the ADR, volatility or whatever.

PoS prooved not to be Corona-proof, I'm still fighting the DD caused by the latest turmoil.

Exiting times ahead!
:!!:

Return to “Moving Day”