Moving Day for the hopelessly confused. Ask here.

n229vxhbx

Post by n229vxhbx »

c1borg » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:51 pm wrote:
n229vxhbx » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:14 pm wrote:Looking at Steves original demo for this interesting EA, I noticed some serious directional bias toward the short side.

Looks like this EA (at least in the limited testing done so far) has been much more successful as a short play rather than a long play.

Do you think thats due to the global financial meltdown and potential beginning of the endtimes we appear to be going through, or actually indicative of the nature of this setup?
Just means there are more short trades satisfying the rules than long, you set the rules and the EA trades, simple.

What I do like is the ability to set your risk, in my case I am achieving 4.4% drawdown but with a daily increase in profit of 0.38%. Steve is achieving 16.54% drawdown but with an increased daily profit of 0.55%. :smile:
Yeah, I'm a huge fan of this EA, got it running on multiple accounts in different settings already. Steve's test has made 88 long trades, and 93 short trades. Cumulative profit of all long positions is -3.4k, cumulative profit of all short trades is +11.7k. surely that indicates slightly more than just 'more short trades satisfying the rules'?
TradingMastermind
Trader

Post by TradingMastermind »

Hi
Is it possible to limit the number of trades the EA takes per candle?
For example, GBPNZD this morning entered a long trade at 4:07AM, went to TP and then entered 2 more trades during the same hour which also went to TP. This gave a total of 300 pips profit. However it took one more trade which went to SL (300 pip) which wiped out the previous 3 trades profit.
GBPNZD.PNG
GBPNZD2.PNG
Possibly reducing the SL will help too, although if the EA will take multiple trades per candle, it will just take multiple losing trades on the way down too.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
awesome

Post by awesome »

"long cross is when:
◦2 candles ago closed below the EMA.
◦1 candle ago closed above the EMA"

Then why EA places buy stop orders where yesterday's bar closed below EMA?
Does it ignore Daily bar to cross its EMA(20) and looks for a cross at H1 EMA(480) only?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

awesome » Thu May 07, 2020 2:15 am wrote:"long cross is when:
◦2 candles ago closed below the EMA.
◦1 candle ago closed above the EMA"

Then why EA places buy stop orders where yesterday's bar closed below EMA?
Does it ignore Daily bar to cross its EMA(20) and looks for a cross at H1 EMA(480) only?
I am not going to answer your question for the reason that nobody else has done so. The user guide describes how trades are taken. It is up to you to read the guide properly.

Work it out for yourself and you will learn something.

Post here as much as you want. I will not answer.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

This post will appear a tad on the strange side to newcomers here. Ignore it folks; it refers to a moron whose posts are now deleted.

Moving on. Thanks folks for trying to help out the idiot ilvez. He showed himself to be incapable of helping and so can no longer post. I have deleted his posts and your replies. Those of you who tried to help this cretin, there is no criticism of me of your replies. You did your best and I am grateful.

Not exactly what you expect of this thread folks, I know. Thingy is, had he merely posted here then he would have been fine. He insisted on posting moronically in the main thread and I will not put up with that.

Point made?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

Maximilian
Trader

Moving Day on a micro account with suffix

Post by Maximilian »

Hi,
for whom it may concern:
I am running MD on a micro account. But the setup wasn´t easy, because of the "micro" suffix of my pairs. When I entered "micro" in to the PairSuffix extern string, MD found all the symbols, but as soon I clicked on one symbol on the dashboard, MD removed itself from the reserved pair. So then I tried to just typing in all the symbols into the extern pairs to trade input with the suffix "micro" . It found some pairs but not all. The chart open thingy started to work. Then I realised that an extern string can only contain a certain amount of values (at least that´s my guess), because not all pairs I wanted to trade were shown.
At last I simply hardcoded my symbols by modifying MD in metaeditor. I deleted the command "extern" and defined my pairstotrade just as "string" with all my pairs including suffix. And voila it worked.
Why the heck it removed itself in first place when I used the extern pairsuffix, I couldn´t figure out. I saw that biobier added some code for this case, but it didn´t work here. So maybe my solution could be useful also for others.
Thanks Steve, once more for your efforts,
Maximilian
jasper2603
Trader

Post by jasper2603 »

Hello,

I have a technical problem, the movingday.mq4 file is not compiling to an ex4 file when I put it in the expert folder and restart my Empty4 platform? No I don't have an old movingday.ex4 file already in there.

Anybody has a solution for this? How I complile the mq4 into an ex4? Thanks
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

jasper2603 » Sun May 24, 2020 10:22 am wrote:Hello,

I have a technical problem, the movingday.mq4 file is not compiling to an ex4 file when I put it in the expert folder and restart my Empty4 platform? No I don't have an old movingday.ex4 file already in there.

Anybody has a solution for this? How I complile the mq4 into an ex4? Thanks
Right click on Moving Day in the Navigator window and select Modify. Press the F7 key when the editor window pops up. You will see a whole host of errors if you have any of the files required by MD missing.

jasper2603
Trader

Post by jasper2603 »

Thanks Steve, it worked :good:
Mankigdom
Trader

Post by Mankigdom »

MD adapted gone trendy with MACD
Thanks Steve

Thanks for this great line of MD setups. Am looking at the note on editing the Trend Detection Code and wondering if anyone has also tried to edit the Trend Confirmation Code.
Have no experience of working with codes would like to try changing the trend confirmation
I would like to use an indicator that's used on Wavegarrck's setup, the Solar Wind Joy instead of Super Slope

Return to “Moving Day”