Moving Day's Pet Millipede

Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

Hi Steve,

My New trade Order comment is as per my attached screenshot with the new trade "From 81301347"

Anyway hope I have not mucked it up.

Cheers
Leon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Wavegarrick » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:34 pm wrote:Hi Steve,

My New trade Order comment is as per my attached screenshot with the new trade "From 81301347"

Anyway hope I have not mucked it up.

Cheers
Leon
However long we have been at this game and however much experience we have, it is amazing what we do not know until someone tells us something. This is a classic example.

When we close part of a trade, Empty4 regards the part left behind as a new trade and changes its comment to include the ticket no of the part-closed trade and assigns it a new ticket number. Look at the comment for the 95% closed; it will be "to xxxx" where xxxx = the new ticket number of the part of the trade left open.

This is often useful and I make use of it here. MDPM knows that an order is the 5% left behind when its comment is not the same as our TradeComment input.

We live and learn. It is like that gem that came up somewhere recently, when a member pointed out that Empty4 does not recompile a fresh source file if there is already an .ex4 file on the platform. It took me 14 years to learn that. It is also the reason that users have to check the version number of an update, to make sure they really are running the version they think they are.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

Thanks, Steve. My dumbest moment of the year :oops: I see exactly what you mean as I manually did a part close on one of my trades and saw that it is the way part closes are done. Never knew this and now I know. :oops:
Cheers
Leon
softballmel

Post by softballmel »

Hi Steve,

I’m following your demo account closely for this millipede setup. Can I ask if your initial take profit target was 100 pips before switching to 50 pips? Cause at the begging all the trades were closing off at 100 pips take profit before being reduced. I’m struggling with a few setups of my own trying to retain the profits as more often or not e price will whiplash and the stop loss will get activated.
trader689
Trader

Post by trader689 »

hey softballmel

from the moving day's pet millipede user guide that might explain this:

"You will see some strange things if you look through the order history, but that is because of bugs in the original code"

trader
softballmel » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:37 pm wrote:Hi Steve,

I’m following your demo account closely for this millipede setup. Can I ask if your initial take profit target was 100 pips before switching to 50 pips? Cause at the begging all the trades were closing off at 100 pips take profit before being reduced. I’m struggling with a few setups of my own trying to retain the profits as more often or not e price will whiplash and the stop loss will get activated.
softballmel

Post by softballmel »

Oh ok. thank u. im following the trades very closely. its so tough to keep the profit.
biobier
Trader

Post by biobier »

So far my demo with default settings does not do well.
2020-06-17 09_51_02-MDPM.png
Looking at the loosing trades they are all victims of whipsaw.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Must-reads for FOREX NOOBS as me:
Help for Newbies.
Information For Beginners

Return to “Moving Day”