Trendy Moving Day Adapted Overview

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

The Trendy Moving Day Adapted tribe has its genesis in an idea that Coenraad (user name zaguy) was coding:
  • Identify the trend.
  • Send a stop and limit order x pips away from the market.
  • Whichever order fills first, delete the other and add a grid of stop orders.
Coenraad contacted me because he was stuck. He is just starting to get his hands dirty by looking under the bonnet of these EA's, so :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: to him. He had managed to code the trend detection and send the stop/limit orders but could not work out how to delete the outstanding one once a pending had filled. That was easy to fix.

I had an idea whilst making the fix: let's code the bot so that even modest coders can adapt the EA to detect the trend with any indicator thy chose. This is a brief, 3 step process that I describe in the attached pdf document. We can quickly and easily create a whole tribe of Trendy Moving Day auto traders.

I have also added Super Slope as an option to confirm that there is enough strength in the market to justify trading.

Every thing else is Moving Day. I adapted SPB to create MD in the first place, so read SPB's user guide if you are unsure of any of the usual inputs. Find it at viewtopic.php?p=159559#p159559

When adapting a version to suit yourselves:
  • Use Moving Day Adapted's Gone Trendy as your shell when inserting your own choice of indi to identify the trend and you do not require the cross of one element by another.
  • Use Moving Day Adapted's Gone Trendy And Crossy as your shell when you do require one element to cross another - for example a slow EMA by a fast EMA.
  • Use Moving Day Adapted's Gone Trendy with Stochy as your shell when your indi shows a change of state. Some examples:
    • An indi that draws a line that changes colour when it calculates a trend change.
    • An indi that spots a move out of one area of strength/weakness to another, such as Super Slope changing colour.
Feel free to start a thread when you have created your own adaptation. I will insert the usual serious warning at the head of your post 1.

Here are the versions we have so far:
viewtopic.php?p=170686#p170
viewtopic.php?p=170688#p170688686
viewtopic.php?p=170699#p170699
viewtopic.php?p=170700#p170700
viewtopic.php?p=170712#p170712
viewtopic.php?p=170748#p170748
viewtopic.php?p=170780#p170780

:xm: :rocket:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Another new toy folks: viewtopic.php?p=170712#p170712

I have added more guidance to post 1 here, about which EA to use when making your own conversions.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

There is a new member of the tribe. viewtopic.php?p=170748#p170748

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

New addition to the tribe folks. viewtopic.php?p=170780#p170780

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

Something of possibly general interest: viewtopic.php?p=170783#p170783

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

Brand spanking, sparkly, shiny new toy folks. viewtopic.php?p=170847#p170847

Return to “Trendy Moving Day Adapted”