Moving Day Adapted's Gone Trendy With MACD

biobier
Trader

Post by biobier »

I had a look further into the Youtube video and the implementation of it in this EA:
SteveHopwood » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:41 pm wrote: .............
This version derives from strcat32's question at viewtopic.php?p=170737#p170737. I watched the video. The presenter might be a shyster using software to manipulate the charts or he might be genuine. The only way to find out is to test. Here is the methodology:
  • Go long when:
    • MACD Main line crosses the Signal line from below.
    • MACD Main line is < 0.
    • The market is above a 200 period EMA.
  • Go short when:
    • MACD Main line crosses the Signal line from above.
    • MACD Main line is > 0.
    • The market is below a 200 period EMA.

I discovered that the MACD history line is not taken into consideration here. In the video (in the description is the full read text) it is mentioned:
MACD crossover strategy is simple once the MACD line crosses above the signal line it is considered as a buy signal. Furthermore you should only take buy signals that are way below the zero line of the histogram.
but there is a big problem with this trading setup! there is no way to identify a good direction of a trend using MACD indicator alone. To be a profitable trader as a beginner you should always trade in the same direction as the market is trending. So to identify the trend we are going to use 200 period Exponential Moving Average! If the market is above 200 E M A it is considered as an up trend.
MQL4 does not have a default function to get the MACD histogram but I could find a code example within an indy:https://www.myfxbook.com/de/community/p ... /1607173,1
It simply is:
HistogramBuffer = MACDLineBuffer - SignalLineBuffer;

Adding this additional confirmation would rule out possible looser trades. What do you say?
Also I think a new setting HistogramFactor is needed to ensure the "way below" the zero line of the histogram.

This post might meanwhile belong also to Trendy Monster Moving Day.

If time allows me I will work on a code change suggestion during next days.
Must-reads for FOREX NOOBS as me:
Help for Newbies.
Information For Beginners
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

biobier » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:56 pm wrote:I had a look further into the Youtube video and the implementation of it in this EA:
SteveHopwood » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:41 pm wrote: .............
This version derives from strcat32's question at viewtopic.php?p=170737#p170737. I watched the video. The presenter might be a shyster using software to manipulate the charts or he might be genuine. The only way to find out is to test. Here is the methodology:
  • Go long when:
    • MACD Main line crosses the Signal line from below.
    • MACD Main line is < 0.
    • The market is above a 200 period EMA.
  • Go short when:
    • MACD Main line crosses the Signal line from above.
    • MACD Main line is > 0.
    • The market is below a 200 period EMA.

I discovered that the MACD history line is not taken into consideration here. In the video (in the description is the full read text) it is mentioned:
MACD crossover strategy is simple once the MACD line crosses above the signal line it is considered as a buy signal. Furthermore you should only take buy signals that are way below the zero line of the histogram.
but there is a big problem with this trading setup! there is no way to identify a good direction of a trend using MACD indicator alone. To be a profitable trader as a beginner you should always trade in the same direction as the market is trending. So to identify the trend we are going to use 200 period Exponential Moving Average! If the market is above 200 E M A it is considered as an up trend.
MQL4 does not have a default function to get the MACD histogram but I could find a code example within an indy:https://www.myfxbook.com/de/community/p ... /1607173,1
It simply is:
HistogramBuffer = MACDLineBuffer - SignalLineBuffer;

Adding this additional confirmation would rule out possible looser trades. What do you say?
Also I think a new setting HistogramFactor is needed to ensure the "way below" the zero line of the histogram.

This post might meanwhile belong also to Trendy Monster Moving Day.

If time allows me I will work on a code change suggestion during next days.

Feel free and most welcome. I always appreciate your additions.

I missed the way below thingy, so thanks for pointing it out. Great if you could code it as I am engaged on another project.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

I can't help myself. Wouldn't all this be a lot easier in TDesk?
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

tomele » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:11 pm wrote:I can't help myself. Wouldn't all this be a lot easier in TDesk?
Possibly. I don't care. Bear in mind that I do not understand TDesk because I have never needed to use it.

When I want to test something out, I add a few lines of code to one of my shells and test it that way. 'One of my shells' includes all of the various multi-pair traders.

No disrespect to TDesk whatsoever. It is a magnificent creation. Simply that I do not need it. Doesn't stop others using it to expand upon what is already here and adapting it to TDesk. Everything I code publicly these days, includes the option to send signals to TDesk.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

softballmel

Post by softballmel »

Hey Steve, I’m unable to log into your demo account. Is it disabled?
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

softballmel » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:07 am wrote:Hey Steve, I’m unable to log into your demo account. Is it disabled?
Probably. This was a failed EA.

Return to “Trendy Moving Day Adapted”