Trendy Monster Moving Day

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

SERIOUS WARNING
  • Most Forex traders lose all their money.
  • Using the robot posted here in trading Forex does not guarantee success.
  • Trading this robot could lead to serious financial loss.
  • Trading this robot without understanding its underlying trading strategies guarantees traders will lose their money.
  • At best, a trading robot is only 90% as good as the manual strategy it trades. At best. At worst, it can be much less effective. If the strategy is rubbish, so is the robot.
  • To trade this robot, you have to understand:
MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS POST http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 41#p111241 There was a Forex bloodbath on Jan 15th 2015 that you need to know about. This sort of Black Swan event can happen at any second.

I was speculating about the possibility of having all of the Trendy tribe 'trend' trade triggers in one place and decided to combine them all into one bot. Attached is Trendy Monster Moving Day. I have changed the terminology so that what we were previously describing as a 'trend' I now describe as a trade trigger. These are supported by higher time frame strength/direction indicators. Details in the attached user guide.

Monster is not an EA for the faint-hearted. I have not included descriptions of the inputs in the UG so my advice is this; do not use an indicator if you do not already understand it. Monster is for those who like to experiment. The only trade trigger whose default is 'true' is the MACD cross, to get those of you started who have little experience of all this stuff.

You can enable any combination of trade triggers. You can set them so they will only be traded if all agree, or will trade as soon as one of them passes its test. You can set any combination of HTF strength/direction indis to confirm/deny the trade.

Every thing else is Moving Day, so go to viewtopic.php?p=169624#p169624 for the user guide for inputs you do not understand.

Remember that you will need all the TDesk stuff even if you are not going to send signals to it.

Special kudos to Alex (user name biobier) who has been with me from early in code development, spotting and fixing bloops and making invaluable suggestions for features to include. Thanks Alex. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Coders, go to the end of the UG for details about how to add your own choice of indi into the mix. Competent programmers will find the process easy.

Please use this thread for posting and discussing trading strategies and results. Go to viewtopic.php?p=170846#p170846 to ask for help with stuff you do not understand.

There are a host of inputs and you will not need many of them. The attached, "How to hide unwanted inputs.pdf" explains how. Even non-coders can do it. It is simple and you cannot do any harm. Try it.

I have no idea if Monster can be successful. All we can do is try it and see.

:xm: :rocket:

Demo accounts for you to follow
MACD with SuperSlope for strength confirmation:
Login: 2192319
Investor: ece1enu

Edit 21/9/20
At the time of writing this edit, using GRaB as the trade trigger is looking good. It is early days though and we have been here before, so don't rush to put this on live trading accounts. You can download a setfile for H1 from viewtopic.php?p=171093#p171093, along with a template for the individual charts.

This demo is using that setfile:
Login: 2198132
Investor: gonk8iu

This demo is trading the same was but on the H4:
Login: 2198133
Investor: 8ztrsqa

Matters of general interest
Go here to download and run the script that will fill your platform's missing chart history: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... f=15&t=254
Read this post:
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... p?f=6&t=78 Newbie traders, read this for inspiration and warning. Those of you who have suffered losses, read it for inspiration.

Masterly summary of hedging: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread. ... ost4977179

EA coding
I receive may requests to code EA's. Traders, if I code your EA for free, then I will share it here. If you want me to code your EA without sharing, then my fee is $100 payable into my paypal account. I explain why at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... ?f=15&t=79, at the bottom of the post.

Useful utilities/EA's/scripts -

-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
minaz

Post by minaz »

thanks Steve. for The new EA.

please forgive me if i am wrong :arrrg: :arrrg: . Is this correct at page 3 of the user guide ?

"Coenraad's method:
◦ go long if the low of the previous x candles (default 5) was below the 21 EMA.
◦ go long if the high of the previous x candles (default 5) was above the 21 EMA."

as earlier you wrote
This one is the brainchild of Coenraad, user name zaguy. This is his method:
Use a 21 period EMA set to the close price:
The market is trending long if the low of the previous 5 candles is above the moving average.
The market is trending short if the high of the previous 5 candles is below the moving average.
Any mixture means the market is ranging, so no trading.
Send a stop and a limit order, x pips away from the market. Taking buying as an example:
The market falls and fills the limit order: delete the stop order and add the buy stop grid in the normal way.
The market rises and fills the stop order: delete the limit order and add the buy stop grid in the normal way.

at this topic:
viewtopic.php?p=170686#p170686

I am just asking because i felt it's not correct ...Again forgive me i am wrong.

Regards,
Mina Maher
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

minaz » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:52 pm wrote:thanks Steve. for The new EA.

please forgive me if i am wrong :arrrg: :arrrg: . Is this correct at page 3 of the user guide ?

"Coenraad's method:
◦ go long if the low of the previous x candles (default 5) was below the 21 EMA.
◦ go long if the high of the previous x candles (default 5) was above the 21 EMA."

as earlier you wrote
This one is the brainchild of Coenraad, user name zaguy. This is his method:
Use a 21 period EMA set to the close price:
The market is trending long if the low of the previous 5 candles is above the moving average.
The market is trending short if the high of the previous 5 candles is below the moving average.
Any mixture means the market is ranging, so no trading.
Send a stop and a limit order, x pips away from the market. Taking buying as an example:
The market falls and fills the limit order: delete the stop order and add the buy stop grid in the normal way.
The market rises and fills the stop order: delete the limit order and add the buy stop grid in the normal way.

at this topic:
viewtopic.php?p=170686#p170686

I am just asking because i felt it's not correct ...Again forgive me i am wrong.

Regards,
Mina Maher
Thanks. That is a typo that I will correct in the morning.

This:
"Coenraad's method:

Should be:
"Coenraad's method:
◦ go short if the high of the previous x candles (default 5) was above the 21 EMA."

Great spot. Thanks. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1a is in post 1. I have added separate time frame inputs to each of the trade trigger functions. I have also fixed a few bloops, including a strength/direction function that I had in the inputs but forgotten to actually code.

There is a pdf in post 1 explaining how to cut down on the mahoosive number of inputs. It is simple to do and non-coders need not be frightened of trying it. You cannot do any harm.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1c is in post 1.

Using Super Slope for strength confirmation was not working as I intended. I found the code was all wrong and so have rewritten it.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have started a couple of demos. Login details in post 1. The MACD/SS demo might take a hit as the trades opened before I noticed that SS was not working properly.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have added another demo to post 1.

I did the input hiding thingy before dragging Monster onto the chart. It takes seconds once you know what you are doing and makes the inputs much easier to navigate.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1d is in post 1.

One of our members pm'd to say that Monster is deleting the stop order immediately it is sent, if SendLimitOrder is set to 'false'.

Monster 'knows' it needs to delete the outstanding pending order if there is a market trade open. What was happening was that Monster was spotting that there is only the stop order open, assumed the limit order has filled and deleted the stop.

Simple DIY. Do a search for:
//Delete the outstanding stop order after a fill

Copy this over the top of the existing block:

Code: Select all

//Delete the outstanding stop order after a fill
      if (marketTradesTotal > 0)
         if (pendingTradesTotal > 0)
            if (SendLimitOrder)
               deleteOutstandingStopOrder(symbol, pairIndex);
Te code includes an extra conditional to check that limit orders are required. I am not certain that this solves the problem, so sing out if it continues.

1d also has a new trade trigger. From the updated user guide:
  • M & W candlestick patterns: uses Fractals to spot when the most recent 4 highs and lows form either an M or a W pattern:
    • W: buy.
    • M: sell.
    • Monster only looks for a pattern when a fractal formed two candles back. This avoids entering the market when it could be running out of steam.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

Here is a brief note about M & W candlestick patterns for those of you unfamiliar with them.

The easiest way to spot them is to turn your chart display to line chart. Here is one with two W patterns highlighted in blue, and an M on the end highlighted in light salmon:
M W patterns.png
These are continuation patterns and the idea is to enter a trade as soon as the final leg becomes established i.e. the second down stroke in an M pattern and upstroke in a W.

Patterns that are obvious to the eye are anything but for a piece of software. I emulate spotting the patterns using Fractals. This is a distinctly blunt instrument, so sing out if you can think of a better way.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

1e is in post 1. When I checked, I found several thousand stop orders deleted one tick after being placed and I have not disabled limit orders.

The problem turns out to be the logic I used to discover that one of the original two orders had filled. Everything went smoothly until all but one of the grid of stop orders had filled. Monster assumed that this was the original left behind and deleted it. At the next tick, the grid topping up function replaced the stop order, on and on until the grid of trades eventually closed.

DIYers, do a search for:
if (buyOpen && pendingTradesTotal == 1)

Replace it with:
if (marketBuysCount == 1 && pendingTradesTotal == 1)

Then search for:
if (sellOpen && pendingTradesTotal == 1)

Replace it with:
if (marketSellsCount == 1 && pendingTradesTotal == 1)

Return to “Trendy Monster Moving Day”