Trendy Monster Moving Day

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

opita » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:32 am wrote:
So far I have been going off your Grab Candle demo (so the information above is based on it). I just started my own version in Bully Bully Pepperstone demo. Removed both pairs mentioned above and changed the Global TP to 20 instead of 30 (using .01 lots), but have left everything else the same.

I don't want to add it to any database yet since there might be a few tweaks on the way before doing a proper demo.
Great. I am not ignoring your PM by the way; I will be in touch soon.

FYI folks, "GRaB" merely stands for, "Green, Red and Blue". Raghee has green candles when they close above the high ema, red when they close below the low ema and blue when they close inside both ema's.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
opita
Trader

Post by opita »

Results for 1 week of trading with a few minor modifications to the original set file for Grab Candles... based on observations from Steve's Demo.

0.01 lots instead of 0.10 as well ($1k demo)

Drawdown never passed 6%... so far at least. It seems that the worst DD was experienced when I first ran it which might be due to timing.

So far this EA is turning out to be amazing, low DD and nice gains. :yahoo:

Update: of course I say this and it drops %5 in a day lol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheer,

:youknow:

----
Opita
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1j is in post 1, with the fix for the same trailing stop bloops that emerged in Ghostrider.

The DIY is the same, so go to viewtopic.php?p=171431#p171431 if you want to make your own edits.

By the by, my H1 GRaB demo is doing OK.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

woodlands
Trader

Post by woodlands »

Thanks Steve,
I have been running several versions of Trendy Monster and try to make small adjustments only to the settings. The change in performance of this one is since adding BE and JS, otherwise has been the same setup from beginning October.
(I am also using APTM as per setfile below)
Monster Records.png
Monster ma crossADX and BE.set
APTM.set
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

woodlands » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:50 am wrote:Thanks Steve,
I have been running several versions of Trendy Monster and try to make small adjustments only to the settings. The change in performance of this one is since adding BE and JS, otherwise has been the same setup from beginning October.

Fantastic results. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

woodlands » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:50 am wrote:Thanks Steve,

I am linking this in my wrup when the markets open later on. Look forward to some interest.

biobier
Trader

Post by biobier »

woodlands » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:50 am wrote:Thanks Steve,
During last weekend I've setup a Demo with this too. It had a bad start on Monday but did well recover yesterday by closing a full basket. :clap:
2020-11-12 08_28_20-TMMD MaC_ADX.png
Must-reads for FOREX NOOBS as me:
Help for Newbies.
Information For Beginners
biobier
Trader

Post by biobier »

Somehow I do not understnad how the ADX code can ever return anything else than flat: :geek:

Code: Select all

string checkAdxForTrendConfirmation(string symbol, int pairIndex)
{

//Read ADX to ascertain the direction and strength of the movement.

string strengthConfirmation = flat;//Default <---------------- FLAT
   double strength = 0, plusD1 = 0, minusD1= 0;

strength = getADX(symbol, AdxTimeFrame, AdxPeriod, AdxApplyTo, MODE_MAIN, 0);
   plusD1 = getADX(symbol, AdxTimeFrame, AdxPeriod, AdxApplyTo, MODE_PLUSDI, 0);
   minusD1 = getADX(symbol, AdxTimeFrame, AdxPeriod, AdxApplyTo, MODE_MINUSDI, 0);

//Check long trade trigger
   if (trigger == up)
   {
      if (plusD1 < minusD1 || strength < AdxMinimumForTrading || strength > AdxMaximumForTrading)
         strengthConfirmation = flat; <---------------- FLAT should be up IMHO
   }//if (trigger == up)

//Check short trade trigger
   if (trigger == down)
   {
      if (plusD1 > minusD1 || strength < AdxMinimumForTrading || strength > AdxMaximumForTrading)
         strengthConfirmation = flat; <---------------- FLAT should be down IMHO
   }//if (trigger == down)

// TDesk code
   if (SendToTDesk)
   {
      if(strengthConfirmation == up )  PublishTDeskSignal("ADX",AdxTimeFrame,symbol,LONG); else
      if(strengthConfirmation == down )   PublishTDeskSignal("ADX",AdxTimeFrame,symbol,SHORT);else
      PublishTDeskSignal("ADX",AdxTimeFrame,symbol,FLAT);
   }//if (SendToTDesk)

return(strengthConfirmation); <---------------- FLAT

}//End string checkAdxForTrendConfirmation(string symbol, int pairIndex)
Function called via:

//ADX
      if (UseAdxForStrengthConfirmation)
      {
         strengthConfirmation = checkAdxForTrendConfirmation(symbol, pairIndex);
         if (strengthConfirmation != up)
            return(false);//Not a strong enough trigger for trading
      }//if (UseAdxForStrengthConfirmation)
Is it a bug or am I not seeing the full picture?

It confused me that Woodlands set made trades while this can't confirm the strenght. But it shows that the setup does not care about ADX while it is enabled. Because is has also set AllTriggersMustAgree=true

//Trend confirmation. 
   if (!AllTriggersMustAgree)//Te getTradeTrigger() function takes
                             //care of this if AllTriggersMustAgree is enabled.
      if (!doStrengthConfirmation(symbol, pairIndex) )
         return;
Or is the "empty" line 3 the reason for checking if (!doStrengthConfirmation(symbol, pairIndex) ) always?
Help for Newbies.
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

biobier » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:02 pm wrote:Somehow I do not understnad how the ADX code can ever return anything else than flat: :geek:

string checkAdxForTrendConfirmation(string symbol, int pairIndex)
{

//Read ADX to ascertain the direction and strength of the movement.

string strengthConfirmation = flat;//Default <---------------- FLAT
   double strength = 0, plusD1 = 0, minusD1= 0;

strength = getADX(symbol, AdxTimeFrame, AdxPeriod, AdxApplyTo, MODE_MAIN, 0);
   plusD1 = getADX(symbol, AdxTimeFrame, AdxPeriod, AdxApplyTo, MODE_PLUSDI, 0);
   minusD1 = getADX(symbol, AdxTimeFrame, AdxPeriod, AdxApplyTo, MODE_MINUSDI, 0);

//Check long trade trigger
   if (trigger == up)
   {
      if (plusD1 < minusD1 || strength < AdxMinimumForTrading || strength > AdxMaximumForTrading)
         strengthConfirmation = flat; <---------------- FLAT should be up IMHO
   }//if (trigger == up)

//Check short trade trigger
   if (trigger == down)
   {
      if (plusD1 > minusD1 || strength < AdxMinimumForTrading || strength > AdxMaximumForTrading)
         strengthConfirmation = flat; <---------------- FLAT should be down IMHO
   }//if (trigger == down)

// TDesk code
   if (SendToTDesk)
   {
      if(strengthConfirmation == up )  PublishTDeskSignal("ADX",AdxTimeFrame,symbol,LONG); else
      if(strengthConfirmation == down )   PublishTDeskSignal("ADX",AdxTimeFrame,symbol,SHORT);else
      PublishTDeskSignal("ADX",AdxTimeFrame,symbol,FLAT);
   }//if (SendToTDesk)

return(strengthConfirmation); <---------------- FLAT

}//End string checkAdxForTrendConfirmation(string symbol, int pairIndex)
Function called via:

//ADX
      if (UseAdxForStrengthConfirmation)
      {
         strengthConfirmation = checkAdxForTrendConfirmation(symbol, pairIndex);
         if (strengthConfirmation != up)
            return(false);//Not a strong enough trigger for trading
      }//if (UseAdxForStrengthConfirmation)
Is it a bug or am I not seeing the full picture?

It confused me that Woodlands set made trades while this can't confirm the strenght. But it shows that the setup does not care about ADX while it is enabled. Because is has also set AllTriggersMustAgree=true

//Trend confirmation. 
   if (!AllTriggersMustAgree)//Te getTradeTrigger() function takes
                             //care of this if AllTriggersMustAgree is enabled.
      if (!doStrengthConfirmation(symbol, pairIndex) )
         return;
Or is the "empty" line 3 the reason for checking if (!doStrengthConfirmation(symbol, pairIndex) ) always?
Fantastic spot. Absolutely wonderful. So simple yet it takes genius to spot, so thanks yet again for an invaluable contribution. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

All it takes is a change from this:
string strengthConfirmation = flat;//Default

to:
string strengthConfirmation = trigger;//Default

It is way past beddies here in the UK. I will post the fix in the morning.

biobier
Trader

Post by biobier »

SteveHopwood » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:57 am wrote: Fantastic spot. Absolutely wonderful. So simple yet it takes genius to spot, so thanks yet again for an invaluable contribution. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

All it takes is a change from this:
string strengthConfirmation = flat;//Default

string strengthConfirmation = trigger;//Default

It is way past beddies here in the UK. I will post the fix in the morning.

Thanks Steve, I am glad I did understood it correctly.

I would suggest to add also in the next version a notice at the UI if AllTriggersMustAgree is true.
Like:

if(!AllTriggersMustAgree){
      if (UseSuperSlopeForStrengthConfirmation)
         text = text + " Super Slope:";
}else{
       text = text + "Ignored due to AllTriggersMustAgree";
}
Help for Newbies.

Return to “Trendy Monster Moving Day”