Non lagMA v7.2 & SSL _fast sBar mtf EA

Place your new trading idea here to see if someone can automate it.
firesword
Trader

Re: Non lagMA v7.2 & SSL _fast sBar mtf EA

Post by firesword »

There you go Pierre,

thanks retireme ;)
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
bourgenot
Trader

Post by bourgenot »

hello, thank you to answer so fast, now i have to work, pierre
Nufty
Trader

Post by Nufty »

Just marking my spot- I want to read this again later
bourgenot
Trader

Post by bourgenot »

bonjour, try macdosma : 5 - 10 -2, pierre
Nufty
Trader

Post by Nufty »

Nufty wrote:Just marking my spot- I want to read this again later
Just getting back to this system (I like the 1 hour charts - but thats just a preference I have)

Can you have a look at the two pics I have put up and comment on the trades as I see them (If this was an EA the bot would take them)

IF I have the entries correct

Thanks

Nufty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zentauro67
Trader

Post by zentauro67 »

Hi, firesword.

The weak point of the system are, as noticed, the bad entries in choppy areas. Some of then could be avoided with a secondary filter to detect them. Best is your eyes, of course, but just to put a mechanical add-on, try the FDI (Fractal dimension index) . Just don´t open a trade when the line is in blue or above the green dotted line, even if the others signals match. Blue line shows narrow constrainment areas where the signals are weak.
Imagen 004.jpg
#Fractal_dimension index.mq4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ronald123

Post by ronald123 »

firesword » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:52 am wrote:Hi guys.

I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough and do me a great favor to code the strategy I

use manually. [...]
Hi firesword,

today I came across a system on the Forex TSD Forum, from a guy named 'Darkonix', which, I guess is the same system you're showing here. When I tried to apply the 'SSL_fast_sBar_alert_mtf' indicator to my charts, it didn't work (compiling didn't work either, only gives me 4 errors and 1 warning). I'm using the latest Empty4 (forced) crappy update, version 4, build 625 and suspect this be the reason for this annoyance...

Google brought me to Steve Hopwood's nice site and so here I am.

Anybody else having trouble using this indicator? By the way, on the TSD forum, one can download the two indicators, shown here, with added push alert (then NonLagMA works, or at least, I can add it onto my charts, the ssl fast sbar alert mtf with push alert doesn't).

Here's the link to these indicators: http://www.forex-tsd.com/move/28016-mon ... post450304

(it's post #462)

Cheers
firesword
Trader

Post by firesword »

Hi ronald123.
I've abandoned this system completely. I suggest you to go here http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3551, you'll find something much more valuable. Cheers.
Last edited by firesword on Sun May 04, 2014 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
ronald123

Post by ronald123 »

firesword » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:34 am wrote:Hi ronald123.
I've abandoned this system completely. I suggest you to go here http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3549, you'll find something much more valuable. Cheers.
Hey firesword,

thanks for pointing me to the 10.7 system. Some time back, I studied the 10.4 and found it very interesting, but to be honest, I never got it to work for me (maybe it's too complicated for this simple soul). Took a look at the 10.7 and it starts off about the same as the 10.4 (which was not supposed to be the holy grail, but still something like the last system one was ever going to need). So it starts off with a remarkable observation or idea (the 'aha erlebnis' - can't even begin to tell you how many of those I've had since my first days in this weird business), a few indicators and that's it. Soon enough though, the 'filters' come in, the dashboard, then the updated versions of indicators/dashboard, which then don't work together anymore - need to fix that then too. All this reminds me of the way doctors treat so called 'illnesses' by first giving you some medicine for your symptoms, which have 'side effects' (more symptoms to treat) for which you'll get more medicine, and so on. They have to do this, because, as they admit, they have no idea about what illness/disease really is, other then Darwin like theories about foreign, little enemies invading the body, or messed up genes ;)

I'm not trying to make fun of anything or anyone, far from that. Just saying that I feel more at ease trying to figure out where the 'Big Boys' are setting up their traps and then finding my way around them... :D

Never say never, I might have a go at the 10.7 at some point, but right now I'm more into simple stuff like 'Forex Trend Master': http://www.forextrendmaster.com/ (Jason Sweezey), which only makes use of trendline breaks, fibonacci pullbacks and divergence; very close to trading pure price action, in my opinion.

Love the way everybody on this forum works together to reach their common goal!

Happy trading to all.

Ronald
firesword
Trader

Post by firesword »

Sorry I meant to point you in this direction http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3551.
I've just realized that I abandoned the use of SSL and used only MACD-OsMA in this strategy. Here's an example on the pic at the bottom.
1H settings:
MACD-OsMA set to 9-19-6
NonLag MA set to length 15
filter 0.0

Return to “Ideas for Possible Automation”