News reader

Place your new trading idea here to see if someone can automate it.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Re: News reader

Post by SteveHopwood »

allisonmagic wrote:hey guys, i've seen loads of news Indicators.. i've got an EA that i like to keep open for long periods of time. however i would like it to put itself into sleep mode before any high level news comes out(in correlation to the pair it's trading). i've asked a couple guys but they gave up on it lol.. all my EA needs to do is read the news info from the indicator, and act accordingly.. if anyone can help i will post my EA with the modifications here in the forums so everyone can use it and modify however they want.

thanks in advance !

a pm would be nice
Said news releases have to come from somewhere. There is no such thingy as an indi that clutches these from thin air.

Do an internet search for ffcal - or maybe someone will post the latest here. ffcal is an indi that attempts to read ForexFactory's news calander. The problem with it is that FF's news thingy is unreliable - misses many important ones and mis-lables others. Back a couple of ice ages, I was involved in producing ea's that used ffcal for exactly what you want. It was a waste of time.

Maybe a more reliable news reader has emerged since. I have not come across it and so cannot provide it.

:D
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Ideas for Possible Automation”