Currency Strength Slope (not Currency Slope Strength)

Place your new trading idea here to see if someone can automate it.
zkogan

Currency Strength Slope (not Currency Slope Strength)

Post by zkogan »

Hi all. I was lurking a lot in relative strength trading threads like Kang_gun, ESTrader and others (thanks Steve for coding almost all of the EAs there :D )
It seems to me that a currency strength indicator like KG_RS_Group (I myself use Luku's MultiCurrencyStrength) would be much more "picky" and precise, if TMA (or any other) slope of strength will be calculated. For example, luku's indie uses RSI calculations as kang_gun's, so I'll use it (marked entries with red and green rectangles and sorry about the image size :roll: ):

Here we can see, if first slope is >>0, the second is <<0, a clean trend can be catched, and low slope readings will prevent us from entering in ranging or flat markets..

What do you think of this kind of approach?
zkogan

Re: Currency Strength Slope (not Currency Slope Strength)

Post by zkogan »

I lurked a bit through Baluda's indie, and while it is absolutely brilliant, it seems to calculate first TMA slopes, and only then their indexes.

Anyways, I modified the indie with kind of a Momentum formula, so now it's nice :) Will upload shortly :D
bourgenot
Trader

Post by bourgenot »

...Ok, your are the best of the world !! now send your job and, will see !!! pierre
zkogan

Post by zkogan »

I'm not the best as my coding is pathetic :( All I did was modifying Luku's indie...

Not cherrypicked chart, so it's bad :D
ABS_MA is Momentum's period, RSI_MA is smoothing, IndicatorType=0 is the mode I modified, the others are default, also nice ones...
To get a better look turn ShowOnlyDiffCurve to TRUE and type both currencies, for example EUR and USD for EURUSD obviously :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Ideas for Possible Automation”