Stochastic Dashboard

Place your new trading idea here to see if someone can automate it.
fxideas55

Stochastic Dashboard

Post by fxideas55 »

I've found a very intersting dashboard !

I want to insert more currencies, and if it's possibile some other markets CFD, stocks.
I want to ask if someone could help me with this dashboard ?
The dashboard could be used with many systems.

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fxideas55

Re: Stochastic Dashboard

Post by fxideas55 »

I have some problem with this file, I send you a private message.

I can't do that. I'm trying but, I'm sure that is something wrong.
I see this alert: 'currencies' varialble not defined
I don't understand exactly what you said:

3. And on the next line down, type:

Code: Select all

//
in front of everything ?

RJo wrote:
fxideas55 wrote:I've found a very intersting dashboard !

I want to insert more currencies, and if it's possibile some other markets CFD, stocks.
I want to ask if someone could help me with this dashboard ?
The dashboard could be used with many systems.

Thank you
1. Open the file in MetaEditor (in Navigator pane, right click on indi name, left click on Modify).
2. Go to:

//extern string   Currencies
and remove:

//
3. And on the next line down, type:

//
in front of everything.

This will set the lengthier list of currencies as the default value, and "comment out" the shorter list. To add chart symbols, simply type them into your new default list--separated by commas.

I have no idea what affect CFD or stock data feeds will have on the rest of the code. I played with CFD's on demo for a minute, and complex indi's seemed to work fine. Good luck.
fxideas55

Post by fxideas55 »

This is what I did, but it's not working, I'm in a deep hole.
I'm not a programmer, I'm trying but it's a long hard street. The idea that I send you works only for technical analyse. But the code it's very complex for me.

//extern string Currencies = "AUD,CAD,CHF,EUR,GBP,JPY,NZD,USD";
extern string pairs = "EURUSD;GBPUSD;AUDUSD;USDCHF;USDCAD;USDJPY;GBPJPY;EURJPY;GBPCHF;EURAUD;EURCHF;EURGBP";
extern string TimeFrames = "W1,D1,H4";
RJo wrote:You almost have it. You probaby forgot to capitalize the C in extern string Currencies, so try replacing currencies with Currencies. All code is case sensitive.

FYI, all adding // does is deactivate the line of code that it precedes (notice how it turns gray). This is called "commenting out." If you remove an instance of // the line is once again activated.

Regarding your PM, you might want to research the iMA() and Alert() mql4 commands.
fxideas55

Post by fxideas55 »

Yes, but the currency string it's not ok, so the indicator it's not working.
I don't know how to do it, I'm sorry, I hope that someone will find a solution for this, I hope.
RJo wrote:Your Timeframes code is ok.

extern string pairs
should be

extern string Currencies
You want to change only the desired chart symbols (EURUSD, GBPUSD, etc.), and not the variable that stores them (Currencies). This variable is referenced later in the indicator code, so changing it will cause problems (unless you replace all instances of the variable). Don't forget to capitalize the C.
fxprotrader
Trader

Post by fxprotrader »

fxideas55 wrote:Yes, but the currency string it's not ok, so the indicator it's not working.
I don't know how to do it, I'm sorry, I hope that someone will find a solution for this, I hope.
RJo wrote:Your Timeframes code is ok.

extern string pairs
should be

extern string Currencies
You want to change only the desired chart symbols (EURUSD, GBPUSD, etc.), and not the variable that stores them (Currencies). This variable is referenced later in the indicator code, so changing it will cause problems (unless you replace all instances of the variable). Don't forget to capitalize the C.
fxideas55-
I don't know if you got this to work, but here's "a" way of doing it.
Being that the symbol list is built internally you must split up the symbol into two parts. For instance you can't enter EURUSD. You need to enter EUR,USD. From that every possible combination of those two would be built internally. If a combination is generated that doesn't exist in your Symbols List than it simply returns nothing and moves on to the next combination.

For the standard pairs this is fairly simple but when you move on to indexes etc. basically do the same thing.

The following screenshot shows how to do it.
This is the Alpari-UK demo
sTOCHdb.PNG
The Currencies strings list would be created like this.
_B - enter as _,B then if you have _G and _HG enter as _,B,G,HG etc.
_US500 - enter as _US,500
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Ideas for Possible Automation”