Supply Demand EA

Place your new trading idea here to see if someone can automate it.
fx800
Trader

Supply Demand EA

Post by fx800 »

I know there has been many suggestions for a supply and demand ea here and in other forums.

I do not know if it is possible to code this ea. I have been trading this method for the past two years with good results. Previously, I was using the II_supdem indi, but lately changed to the SS_SupportResistance indi.

Threee indicators
1. SS_SupportResistance indi. (strength weighting filter= minimum 1 hit)
2. Stochastics
3. LFL-ATRprojections indi

Rules are quite simple
For Long entry
1. H4 stochs < 20.
2. Go to H 1 chart for entry – when price enters a Demand zone, place a pending order at the upper border of the zone plus buffer (5 pips).
3. SL = lower border of Demand zone plus buffer (5 pips)
4. TP = 80% ATR
5. MM use Steve's MPTM

Vice versa for Shorts.

Options :
1. use 240 LWMA open filter.
2. stacking at the next daily pivots.
3. TP at DAILY SR1
4. Counter trend trade = half the lot size (define trend as per NB 10.4)
5. External variable for stoch time frame
6. External variable for SS_SupportResistance time frame
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri May 24, 2013 1:08 am, edited 17 times in total.
fx800
Trader

Re: Supply Demand EA

Post by fx800 »

H4 stochs oversold. GBPCHF long.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fx800
Trader

Post by fx800 »

Today's AUDUSD short. H4 stoch > 80, sell when price enters and leaves the supply zone. Over 70 pips.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fx800
Trader

Post by fx800 »

H4 and H1 charts for EURJPY long.

We can trade using H4 supply demand zones, but the stop loss will be larger.

The supdem ea template attached.
fx800
Trader

Post by fx800 »

fx8000 wrote:H4 and H1 charts for EURJPY long.

The Liteforex index for Euro shows the MACD green(strenthening) and that for xxxJPY also green(yen weakening), so BUY EURJPY.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri May 03, 2013 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
fx800
Trader

Post by fx800 »

fx8000 wrote:
fx8000 wrote:H4 and H1 charts for EURJPY long.

The Liteforex index for Euro shows the MACD green and that for xxxJPY also green, so BUY EURJPY.

To set up the Liteforex MACD chart, you need to open a demo acct with Liteforex and put the following indi in the experts/indicators folder and the liteforex macd template in the Empty4/templates folder.

The Liteforex charts are similar to Bunkers MACD charts but uses less CPU. The , difference is that instead of JPY chart, it uses xxxjpy chart.

Trade the currency that is strengthening against one that is weakening.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri May 03, 2013 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
phil_trade

Post by phil_trade »

Posted: 29 Apr 2013, 14:35

I know there has been many suggestions for a supply and demand ea here and in other forums.

I do not know if it is possible to code this ea. I have been trading this method for the past two years with good results. Previously, I was using the II_supdem indi, but lately changed to the SS_SupportResistance indi.

Threee indicators
1. SS_SupportResistance indi.
2. Stochastics

Rules are quite simple
For Long entry
1. H4 stochs < 20.
2. Go to H 1 chart for entry – when price enters a Demand zone, place a pending order at the upper border of the zone plus buffer (5 pips).
4. TP = 80% ATR
Hi Fx

I'm using SS S/R in my Forextester backtester, so it will be easy to backtest your idea, before running to MQL

Few questions :

-> rule 2 "Go to H 1 chart for entry – when price enters a Demand zone" -> all type of demand zone ? no filter with weight ?

-> rule 3 "3. LFL-ATRprojections indi" -> what's difference with standard ATR indi ?

-> you said you have good result in last 2 years : could you give more detail please

Philippe
fx800
Trader

Post by fx800 »

phil_trade wrote:
Posted: 29 Apr 2013, 14:35

Threee indicators
1. SS_SupportResistance indi.
2. Stochastics

Rules are quite simple
For Long entry
1. H4 stochs < 20.
4. TP = 80% ATR
Hi Fx

I'm using SS S/R in my Forextester backtester, so it will be easy to backtest your idea, before running to MQL

Few questions :

-> rule 2 "Go to H 1 chart for entry – when price enters a Demand zone" -> all type of demand zone ? no filter with weight ?

-> rule 3 "3. LFL-ATRprojections indi" -> what's difference with standard ATR indi ?

-> you said you have good result in last 2 years : could you give more detail please

Philippe
Hi Phillippe,

Q1 - all types of supply demand zones, no filter.
Q2 - no difference from standard ATR, the indi is just to illustrate the ATR on the chart
Q3 - I cannot provide any details as I trade other methods on my live account. The method is very similar to Bob's 10.4, but the stop loss is much smaller to 240lwma. One thing is never trade high impact news , as price can eaily blow thru the supply demand zones.

The idea to use pull back using stochs comes from Bob. Previous to that I was just trading H4 supply demand using the II_supdem indi. Also, stacking at next daily pivots (also Bob's idea) helps to improve profitability. Unlike the 10.4, I also trade counter trend using half my usual lot size.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri May 03, 2013 9:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
phil_trade

Post by phil_trade »

Hi Phillippe,

Q2 - no difference from standard ATR, the indi is just to illustrate the ATR on the chart
Q3 - I cannot provide any details as I trade other methods on my live account. The method is very similar to Bob's 10.4, but the stop loss is much smaller to 240lwma. One thing is never trade high impact news , as price can eaily blow thru the supply demand zones
I forgot to ask : Which pairs perform well ?
fx800
Trader

Post by fx800 »

phil_trade wrote:
Hi Phillippe,

Q3 - I cannot provide any details as I trade other methods on my live account. The method is very similar to Bob's 10.4, but the stop loss is much smaller to 240lwma. One thing is never trade high impact news , as price can eaily blow thru the supply demand zones
I forgot to ask : Which pairs perform well ?
None in particular. I would review all high time frame charts every weekend to decide which pairs to trade, and avoid pairs where the price is choppy for the past week.

BTW, I use this method to trade the Dow Jones, equally effective.

Return to “Ideas for Possible Automation”