Trend Runner

Place your new trading idea here to see if someone can automate it.
Shiva

Trend Runner

Post by Shiva »

Hello coders, is it possible to code an indicator or an ea to scan multiple pairs as per the thread below?

Trend Runner - http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=424518
Indicators: 200 SMA (Levels 50 & -50), Support & Resistance (Barry) & Super Trend.

Indicators & What They Are Used For:

200 Simple Moving Average (Levels 50 & -50) -

In this method we use the 200 SMA to show the over all trend in the current TF. When price is below the line, look for only shorts. It helps if the line is also trending down but it is not necessary. If you take a short trade because price closes under, not just if it spikes through, and the 200 SMA is either long or flat, the risk of the trade is higher that it will fail. That does not mean do not trade, it just means the likelyhood of failure is high.

Super Trend -

This indicator has the huge advantage of working on all the time frames in all markets.It is based on average true range (ATR). Blue indicates a bullish trend and red indicates a bearish trend.

Super Trend indicator moving above or below the price depending on the trend developed. Olivier Seban repositioned based on the closing day, which has the main advantage to filter false signals that may occur when the trend slows or during periods without trend. I use it as a confirmation. If overall trend is down, then I will only take trades when this indicator is red and price is below the 200 SMA.

Support & Resistance (Barry) -

This is a basic support & resistance indicator based on fractals. This indicator REPAINTS until price actually is confirmed a few candles later. This indicator is used as future stoploss levels/profit secure levels.

Long positions-

Enter long when -

1- price closes above ( IMPORTANT – PRICE MUST CLOSE ABOVE NOT JUST SPIKE THROUGH) the 200 SMA. It should clear the 50 level of the 200 SMA

2- Super Trend is Blue
Short positions-

Enter short when -

1- price closes below ( IMPORTANT – PRICE MUST CLOSE BELOW NOT JUST SPIKE THROUGH) the 200 SMA. It should clear the -50 level of the 200 SMA

2- Super Trend is Red

Stoploss-

place a initial stoploss of 100 PIPs on all trades.

Managing Trades-

If/when price moves 30 pips in our direction, we move my sl to + 3. For every 10 pips price moves for me, add 1 pip to BE. Once a new support/resistance line is confirmed (usually within 3 candles), Iwe move SL to that line + 3.

Exits are when price takes you out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
perfectgrim

Re: Trend Runner

Post by perfectgrim »

bump for interest, this system does well and is very mechanical. automation would set this in the golden "always useful" ea section. i will try and post some results soon to back this up

Return to “Ideas for Possible Automation”