Price action

Place your new trading idea here to see if someone can automate it.
Gamma_gallus
Trader

Price action

Post by Gamma_gallus »

Hello !!

I downloaded some time ago the attached EA from "t s d forum" and somehow i decided yesterday to put it on a demo account to see how it goes (P_A_ from my signature)

It is supposed to do (I don't understand the code, so just writting the initial explanations) :

Check the trend with the indi : i_Trend

Buy if trend is up:
- Current candle closes higher than highs of last 2 candles
- Candle close shift 1 <= Candle high shift 2

Sell if trend is down :
- Current candle closes lower than lows of last 2 candles
- Candle close shift 1 .>= Candle low shift 2

Re-open positions after 2 minutes if the conditions are still met (input options to set up max nbr of trades)

I wasn't convinced by it, but backtests on M5 (for what it's worth .. on several months, seems more or less okay) and it has a nice start since yesterday (sure, 1.5 days doesn't prove anything at all)

Demo account : M5 on EURUSD and GBPUSD

What you guys think about this strategy ?
Do you think we could enhance it (ex.: replace i_Trend by one of the trend module detection from here) ?? (i think it can only make it better)

Somehow, this strategy makes me think about the Reversi EA (http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=294255) : based on series of candles.
Do you think it would be worth creating some stats on the screen to see if 2 candles in a row to open a position is the best option ??

I also attach the set file I'm using for EU & GU.

thx
Gamma
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gamma_gallus
Trader

Re: Price action

Post by Gamma_gallus »

my setings for both pairs are:
TP 90
SL 40
TLS 50

I think a breakeven setting and jump stop would protect us more when price goes into profit than a single TLS !?!?
Gamma_gallus
Trader

Re: Price action

Post by Gamma_gallus »

Hello,

Could someone help me , please ?

I've done a copy paste of Steve's trade management module in this EA, but the routine doesn't get called .. (to use the BE and other functionalities, so my goal is to ignore the TL functionalities from the initial EA - in the EA parameters to disable them)

The issue might come from the line 381, since I have no clue what I'm doing :) I can't get it working ...

Thanks a lot

Olivier
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Ideas for Possible Automation”