AWESOME system Improvements

Place your new trading idea here to see if someone can automate it.
hankeys
Trader

AWESOME system Improvements

Post by hankeys »

hello everyone, i have been DEMOing the AWESOME SYSTEM (http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=304380) for almost a half year. From January 2012 i am LIVE with it. And his performance is very good but risky too... but what isnt risky. I made some changes in your code, for example not to trade on friday, because of the GAPs in market.
Now i have some idea, but my programming skills are not to good to achieve it. I am sending 2EAs of AWESOME, where has been made some modifications. The ...first SELL awesome put for the first time the SELL market order, and the ...first BUY put for the first the BUY order. Now come what i need and think of the advantage. What about if i open two EURUSD 1H markets, on the first put the ...first SELL EA, on the second ...first BUY EA and let them run.
If i try it for the first time using different MagicNumber it doesnt work, so i add the magicnumber to void closealltrades, but now if one of the EA hits its TP, the new orders doesnt appear.
So i need to add somewhere the MagicNumber but dont now where.
If you have time can you look at it - the result is the EA where i put some MagicNumber, this EA will interest only with the orders with this magicnumber, and let be the other orders with different magicnumber.
With my observation - it is better to have two systems of 0.1 lot than one system per 0.2 lot (less margin because of hedging). account must only be greater about 33% and TPs will be greater 50%
THX for your time
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MichaelM
Trader

Re: AWESOME system Improvements

Post by MichaelM »

Without looking at the coding, my best guess would be that you will need to add the MagicNumber checking code to the bit where it counts open orders.
hankeys
Trader

Post by hankeys »

but there is already a magicnumber in void "countopentrades"

void CountOpenTrades()
{
TicketNo = -1;
FilledOpen = false;
PendingOpen = false;

if (OrdersTotal() == 0) return;

for (int cc = 0; cc <= OrdersTotal(); cc++)
{
if (!OrderSelect(cc, SELECT_BY_POS) ) continue;
if (OrderSymbol() == Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber() == MagicNumber)
{
if (OrderType() == OP_BUY || OrderType() == OP_SELL)
{
FilledOpen = true;
//Only need the ticket number of the most recent filled trade
TicketNo = OrderTicket();
}//if (OrderType() == OP_BUY || OrderType() == OP_SELL)

if (OrderType() == OP_BUYSTOP || OrderType() == OP_SELLSTOP)
{
PendingOpen = true;
}//if (OrderType() == OP_BUY || OrderType() == OP_SELL)

}//if (OrderSymbol() == Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber() == MagicNumber)
}//for (int cc = 0; cc < OrdersTotal() - 1; cc++)

}//End void CountOpenTrades();
toddanderson

Post by toddanderson »

Is their a way or could I ,
I would like to use this ea as basically a stop loss. Where I determine a entry from other systems or what ever, a manual entry for example I short the eurusd manually, than when the trade moves against me 30 pips the ea will take over and once profit is made it stops trading until I manually enter another trade. can I do this with the settings in this ea ?
k_minos

Post by k_minos »

I have traded this manualy with good results, the trigger was the Asian break out as the creator of the system suggested. TP and SL was 30 pips one trade per day I have then observed in my back testing that the drawdown builds up but after the price breaks out it gives several trades that are executed inside the first two lots.

There for I was not using a Martingale lot sizing but I was doing a fib sequence lot sizing after the first two trades were executed and this was 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13 etc, what it does is that it takes profit in the first two trades, it closes with a tiny loss in the third trade and it takes losses after that, the key here is that when I was in the 4th trade and the trade is closed with loses, the next day I was not starting with lot 1 but with a lot that was two steps behind from where I was the previous day.

So the key think here was that not to have consecutive loses, which is rare but not imposible, in fact it is something that will happen sooner or later, so here I was thinking to put in place an equity builder, 10% of all wiining wil go to a different account so if I was going to trade with $10000 another account will be ready when the first one is gone with the wind :D .

Another think that happens is that the price is reversing in between the buys and the sells so that needs to be adjusted so there is no gap ther

My lot sizing was 0.01 for every $200 in the account.

I'm no coder and I couldn't continue trade this manually for ever as I have my day job.
toddanderson

Post by toddanderson »

Hi,
I am have a problem where all my trade closed at once this happen more than one for me
All the times I was in a lot of draw down maybe 30% or something hard to tell
What are the all the settings relating to this I want it to keep running until margin call
I have the max lots set to 40 and I was not where near that and I have the margin checks off
What other setting am I missing that would close all my open trades to close ? attached the ea I am using
Thank you

amc="----Available Margin checks----";
sco="Scoobs";
UseScoobsMarginCheck=false;
fk="ForexKiwi";
UseForexKiwi=false;
FkMinimumMarginPercent=1500;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
toddanderson

Margin call Related settings questions

Post by toddanderson »

Is anyone using this EA, I have had some gook luck with it.
Starting with my lots low .02 and running on EURUSD, GBPUSD, AUDUSD

I have a problem where all my trades get closed at random some times and i dont know why.
I have all the margin checks off and I have the max lot set to 99.

What are all the settings that will close all your trades other than the max margin and the margin checks ?
I want the EA to run untill margin call

amc="----Available Margin checks----";
sco="Scoobs";
UseScoobsMarginCheck=false;
fk="ForexKiwi";
UseForexKiwi=false;
FkMinimumMarginPercent=1500;
toddanderson

OP_BUYSTOP Error 130 invalid stops

Post by toddanderson »

does anyone know why i get this error OP_BUYSTOP Error 130 invalid stops ?

What setting would this relate to, it just came up today on the CHFJPY and closed all open
trades on chfjpy

( "Error 130 invalid stops" means that the EA sends either the command OrderSend or the command OrderModify with a SL and/or TP that is too close to the current price)

Could this relate to the default deviation in the trade option it was set to the defualt of
(last used) so i changed this to 20 pips to see if this helps
or is their other settings in the EA that may relate ?

Thank you for your time

Return to “Ideas for Possible Automation”