Renko EMA 200 & NonLagMA strategy

Place your new trading idea here to see if someone can automate it.
nanningbob
Trader

Post by nanningbob »

Javajames » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:52 am wrote:
guptabhk » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:21 pm wrote:Hi,
here is the link for using renko in a normal chart through an indicator ,and a video to explain the methodology of installing and how to use it , hope it is helpful
http://www.forexrenko.com/?p=1
Bob,

I think you didn't see this post....It shows proprietary Empty4 indicators replicating Renko boxes....but of course source is not available...currently they are free, so maybe you should have a look...

Happy trading
Had trouble accessing the sight from China but I got it now. Watched the video and that looks like what I am looking for. His tool places the renko over the existing candlesticks and now I think I can match them up. The 240/60 warning system but adapt it to Renko placed over the Candlestick chart. Dang it could really brilliant work. Now if I can get my little change into his system we may have something. Going to work on it this weekend. Thanks.
I trade http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3964,
I talk about my philosophy of trading here.
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3627
"The key to converting something useful to others is simplicity. Complexity is the enemy to execution." Tony Robbins
Yosh

Post by Yosh »

Bob,

I know this is an old thread, but nothing like reviving an antique.

I might have found a simpler solution to trading directly from the signal in Empty4 charts. Ran across this website (I'm not affiliated with them) I've been running the free AUD/USD pair to my hearts contempt with a different indicator unrelated to renko, seams to work. Since it only runs off the signal it should work on any indicator placed on a renko chart.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Yosh » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:33 pm wrote:Bob,

I know this is an old thread, but nothing like reviving an antique.

I might have found a simpler solution to trading directly from the signal in Empty4 charts. Ran across this website (I'm not affiliated with them) I've been running the free AUD/USD pair to my hearts contempt with a different indicator unrelated to renko, seams to work. Since it only runs off the signal it should work on any indicator placed on a renko chart.

Indi deleted by Steve before it does any harm.
Listen up feller. Trus me, if Renko trading actually worked, then we would have found a way to do so.

It doesn't, so we haven't.

I have posted somewhere why not. I cannot remember where. Nor do I care. Go on a hunt for it.

There are fantastic thingies happening here these days and yet you attempt to revive this?

Have you any idea how stupid this makes you look?

This thread is locked.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Having posted my previous, I thought that I have debunked Renko so often that I must have saved the text. Indeed I had. Here it is:
Renko trading should be a doddle, shouldn't it? All those bricks marching determinedly off in one direction, then reversing, then reversing again.............. An idiot could trade them.

So any cretin trading them will be super-rich within months, yet not every one contributing to SHF is a cretin. Some of them are seriously clever. A fair few, in fact.

So we return again to the inevitable question: why does trading Renko charts ultimately lead to failure?

One thingy of course is time. A 20 pip Renko brick could take a long time to form. I have watched 5 pip Renko bricks take what felt like a small ice age to form.

Then we come to the bit that very few people know and that I only learned recently, yet should be blindingly obvious to anybody with a firing synapse - which is where I absolve myself.

The blindingly obvious bit is the reason that back testing is such a waste of time. The only data a historical candle holds is the ohlc and open time. On an incidental note, it never ceases to astonish me that so many people ignore this piece of information and make no attempt to absorb its importance, but that is their problem. "There are none so blind as those who refuse to see" etc. Or mindlessly moronic etc.

Moving on. Those historical Renko bricks are not built up from a database of gazillions of actual ticks. They are built up from the ohlc data of ........ erm ........ some candles in Empty4's chart data. Anyone here any idea which ones?

Does it really never occur to anyone totally failing to make any sense of trading Renko charts to wonder why they are such crap now when they were so clear in the past? What you see historically on the charts is invented by RenkoLiveChart and will bear no resemblance to what was happening at the time.

The RenkoLiveChart ea that produces these abortions deserves to belong to the pantheon of the worst of the Crap Custom Abortions of All Time.
:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Ideas for Possible Automation”