Extreme Profits - help reverse engineer this EA?

Place your new trading idea here to see if someone can automate it.
trendinator
Trader

Post by trendinator »

So I was looking at the latest contest on myfxbook and saw the top contestants are making INSANE profits and obviously using the same EA to do this. we are talking 6700% in one day!?

i pose the simple question - how the fuck is this possible??

here are some links:

the competitors results -
http://www.myfxbook.com/contests/forex- ... ompetitors

current leader -shok74

luckily you can download the CSV of the trading history, which we might find some clues in.
here's an excel doc where i have highlighted the different pairs as well as pips by amount.
shok74.xlsx
so i see the following:

1. very short trades - from 0s (sub 1000ms) to 1 second at most
2. the following pairs - AUDUSD, EURJPY, EURUSD, GBPUSD, NZDUSD, USDCAD, USDCHF, USDJPY
3. very small pips (TP and SL are pointless)
4. extremely frequent trading. trades every single minute.
5. trades are often taken in both directions within the same minute. cant see a pattern there though.
6. there are winners and losers, about 50/50%
7. lot size based on account size percent % (fixed risk)

//----
here's my best guess as to what the EA is doing

1. open a trade according to some rule based on tick movement, eg. x pips movement per ms? or randomly?
if it starts to move with the trade direction - keep open until it starts going against the trade or until 1000ms
if it starts going against the trade direction - close
repeat.

or perhaps this is some form of arbitrage?

what do you guys think?

another clue i found - user Logger has the trade comment 'SSv1.1_strategy_A_[sl]'

it seems like its too good to be true. maybe someone can code a simple EA based on the above rules?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rapple
Trader

Post by rapple »

trendinator » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:26 pm wrote:So I was looking at the latest contest on myfxbook and saw the top contestants are making INSANE profits and obviously using the same EA to do this. we are talking 6700% in one day!?

i pose the simple question - how the fuck is this possible??

here are some links:

the competitors results -
http://www.myfxbook.com/contests/forex- ... ompetitors

current leader -shok74

luckily you can download the CSV of the trading history, which we might find some clues in.
here's an excel doc where i have highlighted the different pairs as well as pips by amount.

so i see the following:

1. very short trades - from 0s (sub 1000ms) to 1 second at most
2. the following pairs - AUDUSD, EURJPY, EURUSD, GBPUSD, NZDUSD, USDCAD, USDCHF, USDJPY
3. very small pips (TP and SL are pointless)
4. extremely frequent trading. trades every single minute.
5. trades are often taken in both directions within the same minute. cant see a pattern there though.
6. there are winners and losers, about 50/50%
7. lot size based on account size percent % (fixed risk)

//----
here's my best guess as to what the EA is doing

1. open a trade according to some rule based on tick movement, eg. x pips movement per ms? or randomly?
if it starts to move with the trade direction - keep open until it starts going against the trade or until 1000ms
if it starts going against the trade direction - close
repeat.

or perhaps this is some form of arbitrage?

what do you guys think?

another clue i found - user Logger has the trade comment 'SSv1.1_strategy_A_[sl]'

it seems like its too good to be true. maybe someone can code a simple EA based on the above rules?
Are these Live accounts or Demo's. Often with scalpers it is very difficult to get the same results due to slippage
trendinator
Trader

Post by trendinator »

rapple » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:33 pm wrote:
Are these Live accounts or Demo's. Often with scalpers it is very difficult to get the same results due to slippage
yes demos, but he does have a lot of impressive live accounts too - http://www.myfxbook.com/members/shok74
wolfeman
Trader

Post by wolfeman »

Most likely arbitrage. Google the "genius" EA. It's been around for years. Total scam at at cost of 2000 bucks; plus the brokers won't honor the wins as declared in their traders agreement.

Sorry to burst your bubble...
trendinator
Trader

Post by trendinator »

wolfeman » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:36 pm wrote:Most likely arbitrage. Google the "genius" EA. It's been around for years. Total scam at at cost of 2000 bucks; plus the brokers won't honor the wins as declared in their traders agreement.

Sorry to burst your bubble...
yep, probably arbitrage. shame... not much good for live accounts but good enough to win a forex comp!
cherno99
Trader

Post by cherno99 »

I think a true ECN broker wouldn't care about arbitrage? They are supposed to make money on commission and (maybe a little) spread markup. A good question for Jemook.
MrLong

Post by MrLong »

These contests are a joke, who on earth would take 1000 lots on a EURTRY trade, they may hit it lucky once or twice but I will guarantee, they will blow their accounts, no doubt about that.

They are purely gambling.

Andy

Return to “Ideas for Possible Automation”