GBP/JPY every hour automatic system.

Place your new trading idea here to see if someone can automate it.
garyfritz

Post by garyfritz »

nika » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:00 am wrote:In most cases, when such volatile pair as GJ is doing 50 pip movement in one direction, it's more likely that it will do 50 more pip movement into the same direction, then100 pip into another.
If you run a "50 pip TP / 100 pip SL" test on random data, you will find that the win rate is just about 66.6%. Meaning you get 2 50-pip wins for each 100-pip loss. Similarly if you have equal-sized TP and SL, you'll get a 50% win rate. You end up flat, before you consider spreads, slippage, commissions, etc. You can't pull profit out of randomness that easily.

Obviously GBPJPY isn't random data. But for the simple approach you're using, I would bet it's going to act just about the same.
nonlinear
Trader

Post by nonlinear »

This was a long time ago. His screen name was ronaldraygun and he was prolific poster and EA trader back in the day. My recollection is that he had a system that relied on moves, regardless of direction, so long as price moved sufficiently.

Some more information to consider https://www.mataf.net/en/tools/02-01-volatility One could essentially set, for example, the TP as 1/2 of the ATR, and the SL at 1/4 of the ATR on various pairs, assuming that the original system premise holds true for other pairs.

Please let us know how it goes, Nika, particularly if you try different variations on other volatile pairs.
Last edited by nonlinear on Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nika

Post by nika »

SteveHopwood » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:23 pm wrote:Here you are - took about 10 minutes. Turn EveryTickMode to false if you want to force the bot to wait for the open of the next H1 candle, otherwise it it will send a pair straight away.

No finnesse here and lot of redundant inputs - ignore them all. I will beautify the ea if it looks as though it might have legs.

:xm:

Friends,

I have changed RR to 3:1 positive. 150/50 and it works little bit better.

if we will close all of positions when overall equity profit will be 30$, 35$ or may be 40$ it will raise our chances to gain profit, what do you think?

Can it be coded?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
milanese
TechAdmin

Post by milanese »

nika » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:29 pm wrote:
Friends,

I have changed RR to 3:1 positive. 150/50 and it works little bit better.

if we will close all of positions when overall equity profit will be 30$, 35$ or may be 40$ it will raise our chances to gain profit, what do you think?

Can it be coded?
you can use for this the simpleAllPairBasketManager --> http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =21&t=4081

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Global Prime is the official SHF broker :yahoo:
Searching for Servers and Workstations with individual configuration?
Just PM
:smile: Click here to go to the BoardKnowledgeBase
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
nonlinear
Trader

Post by nonlinear »

Nika, you might also want to play with the trading hours feature. Your system is counting on a move of 50 pips continuing in that direction. If GJ has already moved 150 pips during the london session, without further information, it seems like a coin flip to keep placing trades during the hours following that 150 pip move.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have locked this topic. I am about to eat some tea and am ravenous. I will explain why I have locked it later.

It will remain locked after my explanation.

Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Here is an explanation of backtesting does not work: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 83#p108983

The guy whose idea I spent a few minutes coding appears now to espouse his entire trading system on backtesting results.

Earlier this week, I deleted an entire sub-forum for the same crime.

I trust my message is clear nika. I can always clarify should that be necessary.

nb I have deleted the ea from post 2. Do not repost it nika Do feel free to use it for a while and eventually post successful trading results.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Ideas for Possible Automation”