ALR and HGI EA

Place your new trading idea here to see if someone can automate it.
deelondon
Trader

ALR and HGI EA

Post by deelondon »

Gentlemen

Fist of all I would like to thank Bob for sharing his life work and experience in such a selfless manner that shows his generous character. Furthermore, I would like to thank the programmers who created Bob's strategy into an amazing complex but easy to use indicator and generously put days of hard work into it. Chapeau for all the hard work, constant updates and adding all these features and requests to it. This community is truly incredible and shows what a crowd working together can achieve and make it accessible to everybody for free.

I used FF in the past but got fed-up with the rude comments and hard time that certain users are giving to contributors. I read over the past 10 days or two weeks the ALR topics (that is how I found SHW forum when googling Joseph Nemeth) and the HGI threads. I was amazed how cultivated the replies are and should be! This is certainly asks for a big thank you to Steve Hopwood who seems to rule with an iron fist to keep order, discipline and peace.

I have a question if it would be possible to create an EA with:

- ALR EA (with Spider's or Wealthmaster's features) allowing manual trading according the HGI indicator
- Once the HGI indicator or Matrix (by the way thank you very much Renexxx! Great work!!!) shows the direction to trade, that I can drag and drop the EA on the relevant chart, add lot size and Loss Recovery Point and Take Profit.
- Take Profit feature to close positions when opposite HGI signals are appearing.
- However, that positions can be manually closed if they are not in ALR mode, too.

The combination of these two systems would be awesome, especially when positions are open and the trader is or cannot be constantly in front of the screens.

Thank you so much for everybody who has contributed to this amazing product!

All the best,

David aka Dee
Dewey McG
Trader

ALR and HGI EA

Post by Dewey McG »

Just some friendly advice:

Anything with ALR is not going to be a simple task. It's not fair to ask a programmer to go to all the work when you have no idea how well this would work. if you think this would really work, then try it manually using either H4 or D1 charts. Trade the HGI signals and use the ALR2 trade manager to manage the trades. Compare your results with existing strategies being tested and if it performs as well or better post your results and then ask again.

Return to “Ideas for Possible Automation”