Automating Captain Jack's Naked Trading Idea into an EA

Place your new trading idea here to see if someone can automate it.
ncoyte

Post by ncoyte »

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd put up some challenge here, based on Captain Jack's Naked Trading Theory. We all may have come across Captain Jack's Naked trading idea in this forum or other forums.

Though he did mentioned that the Naked Trading Idea isn't possible to automate to an EA. However, there may be some gurus here that may possibly make some attempt to get it around 70% to 80% chance of possibility to work good at that stage. If that is possible, we can still make money with it.

The link to Captain Jack's Naked Trading theory can be found here http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... ptain+jack

Let's give it a try to see if it is doable and also put your report below.

Looking forward to positive response.

Cheers.
Radar
Trader

Post by Radar »

Hey Ncoyte,

Maybe I need to read Cpt Jack's thread again, but, last time I checked, he called it "Naked Trading" because he uses no indicators...

How would you generate a trading signal for the EA to act on if you aren't using any indicators?

I guess I just have a very limited imagination...

Have fun!

Radar =8^)
Check out my new, (well, old now), manual trade & automatic scale-in manager,
StackManV2
imp

Post by imp »

hi, thanks to ncoyte for starting this thread, first of all, my apology for my english.

i share the same view with ncoyte and have been thinking about this for months now. and at last i think it is possible to share my idea as i have been testing this. i trade naked chart (not so naked) and have been horning my level counting skill and my entry is based on indicator showing the possible entry point as i am not as skillful as captain jack himself in finding correct entry point. anyway, this is my setup and in my idea, it is possible to semi-automate CJ's method to some point. well, for entry only.

the only indicator i use is commercial indicator and in ex4 format but i know the mechanic behind the indicator.

i've found some ea coded by steve himself in forexfactory (reversi EA) but it is not as close as my indicator. Reversi EA register 5 candles in succession before placing the order.

the indicator i use counts 5 candles but all five candles must not exceed the highest or lowest registered candles before showing potential sell entry and buy entry point.

here is the screenshot of my usdchf H4 timeframe.

the idea is simple, when we counted the level up to the third level, we will start the ea with buy only or sell only command and the ea will count the candles just like the indicator thus, your skill in level counting is very crucial.

if it is possible, the ea can put a SL 25pips (can be adjusted) above the highest registered candle for sell and vice-versa.

in short,
sell entry, when all five candles fail to make higher high than the registered highest candle.
buy entry, when all five candles fail to make lower low than the registered lowest candle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ncoyte

Post by ncoyte »

imp » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:38 pm wrote:hi, thanks to ncoyte for starting this thread, first of all, my apology for my english.

i share the same view with ncoyte and have been thinking about this for months now. and at last i think it is possible to share my idea as i have been testing this. i trade naked chart (not so naked) and have been horning my level counting skill and my entry is based on indicator showing the possible entry point as i am not as skillful as captain jack himself in finding correct entry point. anyway, this is my setup and in my idea, it is possible to semi-automate CJ's method to some point. well, for entry only.

the only indicator i use is commercial indicator and in ex4 format but i know the mechanic behind the indicator.

i've found some ea coded by steve himself in forexfactory (reversi EA) but it is not as close as my indicator. Reversi EA register 5 candles in succession before placing the order.

the indicator i use counts 5 candles but all five candles must not exceed the highest or lowest registered candles before showing potential sell entry and buy entry point.

here is the screenshot of my usdchf H4 timeframe.

the idea is simple, when we counted the level up to the third level, we will start the ea with buy only or sell only command and the ea will count the candles just like the indicator thus, your skill in level counting is very crucial.

if it is possible, the ea can put a SL 25pips (can be adjusted) above the highest registered candle for sell and vice-versa.

in short,
sell entry, when all five candles fail to make higher high than the registered highest candle.
buy entry, when all five candles fail to make lower low than the registered lowest candle.
Great Job imp, i must say a big thank you for unveiling your ideology.
However, does your indicator able to map out the levels count? The levels counting are crucial to making your decision on striking point of entry. Stepping up to the task is an encouraging thing. There is a trader here who is known as FxProtrader, he did made an attempt to code the entire levels count but couldn't make it up to the striking point of entry. It would be nice to have him contribute to what you have so far to compliment this great ideology.

Cheers.
imp

Post by imp »

sorry, but my indicator cannot do that sort of thing. it only shows the possible entry point (need to be filter), most of the entry point shows by the indicator is rubbish anyway unless on the third level, just take a look on the chart i posted, you need to filter them by counting the levels.

the idea i put forth is, whenever i've counted the level up to the third level, i want to run the robot. so i won't be as frustrated as not being able to enter on the first sign of the signal and to help me put the trade when i am not around as i have a written rule to enter only by the signal generated by the indicator and stacking additional trade only by the signal generated by the indicator. :youknow:
ncoyte

Post by ncoyte »

imp » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:05 pm wrote:sorry, but my indicator cannot do that sort of thing. it only shows the possible entry point (need to be filter), most of the entry point shows by the indicator is rubbish anyway unless on the third level, just take a look on the chart i posted, you need to filter them by counting the levels.

the idea i put forth is, whenever i've counted the level up to the third level, i want to run the robot. so i won't be as frustrated as not being able to enter on the first sign of the signal and to help me put the trade when i am not around as i have a written rule to enter only by the signal generated by the indicator and stacking additional trade only by the signal generated by the indicator. :youknow:
Are you able to count the levels using an indicator? Do you think it is possible to count the levels using indicator?
imp

Post by imp »

ncoyte wrote:Are you able to count the levels using an indicator? Do you think it is possible to count the levels using indicator?
the closest is donchian channel indicator. used to have it on my chart but doesn't help me that much. i mean, it does help but to some extent.
imp

Post by imp »

hmmm.... now now... i think i just realized that i've been conned in buying that indicator because just now i've found the same exact indicator on the net for free and what is the best thing? it is MQ4!!! guess, i can hand over the mq4 version to someone to code the EA based on the indicator then. :arrrg: :arrrg:
ncoyte

Post by ncoyte »

imp » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:31 pm wrote:hmmm.... now now... i think i just realized that i've been conned in buying that indicator because just now i've found the same exact indicator on the net for free and what is the best thing? it is MQ4!!! guess, i can hand over the mq4 version to someone to code the EA based on the indicator then. :arrrg: :arrrg:

Can you show us some screen shots here on how it may help to count the levels? Cheers

Return to “Ideas for Possible Automation”