EA using Professional bars

Place your new trading idea here to see if someone can automate it.
forexripper
Trader

EA using Professional bars

Post by forexripper »

Hi Steve,

I was given your name by one of the members.

I am experiencing an excellent system with potential to give lots of pips but do not know how it would test over period of time. So need help develop an EA using better volume indi.

I was told that you may be able to help me develop EA based on the following rules:

Here is my system for EA:

1) throw better volume chart bars v1.4 indi on H1 chart (shows all blue professional bars) EU (for now only this pair)
2) 1 or 2 bars closed after the blue professional bar are noted for close above or below the most recent blue professional bar. EA gets ready to trigger trade. So if close is 1-2 pips above the blue bar then buy ready and if close is 1-2 pips below it then sell ready.
3) Now when #2 happens the limit orders are set i.e. if sell trade ready then limit sell at high of the blue professional bar (which is being monitored by the EA) and if buy ready then limit buy at low of the blue bar.
4) Stop loss to be 20 pips above or below the blue trigger bar (user defined)
5) TP is 50-80 pips depending on how good the trend appears (user defined)
6) If SL hit then trade in opposite direction with same SL and TP or look for blue bar within last 2 bars

Can you help develop this EA. I see this thing has potential but want to also test it to ensure it works over period of time. (Later on we can add Sinewave and sessions to trade things to it to improve but not now). Thanks a lot.
TheLocustFund
Trader

Re: EA using Professional bars

Post by TheLocustFund »

forexripper wrote:Hi Steve,

I am experiencing an excellent system with potential to give lots of pips but do not know how it would test over period of time. So need help develop an EA using better volume indi.

I was told that you may be able to help me develop EA based on the following rules:

1) throw better volume chart bars v1.4 indi on H1 chart (shows all blue professional bars) EU (for now only this pair)
2) 1 or 2 bars closed after the blue professional bar are noted for close above or below the most recent blue professional bar. EA gets ready to trigger trade. So if close is 1-2 pips above the blue bar then buy ready and if close is 1-2 pips below it then sell ready.
3) Now when #2 happens the limit orders are set i.e. if sell trade ready then limit sell at high of the blue professional bar (which is being monitored by the EA) and if buy ready then limit buy at low of the blue bar.
6) If SL hit then trade in opposite direction with same SL and TP or look for blue bar within last 2 bars

Can you help develop this EA. I see this thing has potential but want to also test it to ensure it works over period of time. (Later on we can add Sinewave and sessions to trade things to it to improve but not now). Thanks a lot.
I like this idea a LOT but I would only use it on LMAX liquidity, they are the only centrally cleared and executed CFD broker in the world. This gives a high integrity figure to your volume data.

From Olsen Data website ---
"PRUNED DATA
The purpose of pruned data is to reduce the frequency of tick data to fit your budget. Interval Pruning is a popular choice. This pruning method supplies the first tick in every interval instead of every tick. 1-, 2-, 5- and 10-second pruning is available. Each tick is supplied with the actual time stamp.

We also support Stochastic Pruning. In this case the sequence of ticks is uniformly pruned so as to obtain a target number of ticks in a month. Stochastic pruning preserves relative tick density fluctuation through the day and month. "

Chew on that...

LMAX, through its transparency, is going to open up a whole new world to us.

TheLocustFund
IF "Con" is the Opposite of "Pro", then what is the opposite of PROGRESS?
hedgeitall
Trader

Post by hedgeitall »

TheLocustFund wrote: The purpose of pruned data is to reduce the frequency of tick data to fit your budget.
Some of us work that out the hard way.

Tick frequency should be given as much importance as spread, etc. Especially for EA's
forexripper
Trader

Post by forexripper »

Appreciate the responses but was expecting help from experts on developing my EA. It really works and should have excellent results. Please contact me. Thanks
fxozgirl
Trader

Post by fxozgirl »

forexripper wrote:Appreciate the responses but was expecting help from experts on developing my EA. It really works and should have excellent results. Please contact me. Thanks

You've posted in the wrong forum...this forum is where completed EA's and their accompanying strategies are posted

Try posting in, you are more likely to find someone over there:

New Trading Ideas for Possible Automation -
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... m.php?f=12

;)
magft
Trader

Post by magft »

It would help if you can post the indicator, some screenshots to accompany your methodology, some evidence of success. These help coders decide if it is worth the effort and also help to visually what you see and want. Writing the logic for an EA means understanding the system and adding checks to stop false trades.

I may be able to help if you can provide more info.

Regards

Mike
jb68
Trader

Post by jb68 »

hedgeitall wrote:
TheLocustFund wrote: The purpose of pruned data is to reduce the frequency of tick data to fit your budget.
Some of us work that out the hard way.

Tick frequency should be given as much importance as spread, etc. Especially for EA's
You're rite. Tick frequency can be used as a measure of market agitation with or without volumes. For example if there is no agitation a breakout will be anemic and prone to failure. This is one of the discretionary things that some people use it and make a trade to succeed while same rules on EA may fail.

I think a tick counter module .. ex #of ticks per last -10 seconds, minute, hour is important and since is not a manipulation of the price can act as a filter on almost any EA.
forexripper
Trader

Post by forexripper »

magft wrote:

It would help if you can post the indicator, some screenshots to accompany your methodology, some evidence of success. These help coders decide if it is worth the effort and also help to visually what you see and want. Writing the logic for an EA means understanding the system and adding checks to stop false trades.

Regards

Mike
Thanks Mike.

Here is a screenshot of what I am looking at and also find attached the indicator. Rules are:
Entry:
1) when close is 3-5 pips (user defined) above or below the high / low of the Blue bar and in line with the SAR (0.02,0.1)
Exit:
1) TP of whatever user defines or
2) SL of whatever user defines or
3) SAR reverses or
4) close is 5 pips below the blue bar we entered
Note: If once we enter there is another blue bar before our exit we need to ensure no bar closes 5 pips below (if we are long) or above (if we are short) it. We would then exit and wait for entry rules to trigger trade. For now we can ignore sessions for entry but should be coded (I see this one working more efficiently during UK and US sessions).

Any questions let me know. Thanks for help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alpenkorps
Trader

Post by Alpenkorps »

Warning for Thread opener:
Open this kind of thread in 'New Trading Ideas for Possible Automation' section.
Thread moved.
Take my love, take my land, Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me
forexripper
Trader

Post by forexripper »

magft wrote:

Regards

Mike
Hi Mike,

I am still waiting on your response to my request for an EA based on the indicator provided and the screenshot.
Any chance of getting something from you or you liked it so much that you do not want to share anything here.

Thanks

Return to “Ideas for Possible Automation”