Pending order Strategy

Place your new trading idea here to see if someone can automate it.
cyberevil
Trader

Pending order Strategy

Post by cyberevil »

found something that caught my eye.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/USDJP ... -Strategy/

*This is a theoretical, money management system only. The key to this strategy is in the trading system.
Trade this system at your own risk !

If anyone out there can help run a forward test or automate this to see if it has legs?
I'll do my test next week on an extra lappy I have.

According to the author, when asked...
Q. This is martingale, isn't it?

A. Not quite. It incorporates both winning & losing martingale strategies with a compounded winning return. With Martingale you only ever win back your initial trade. My way playing both sides of the price range grows with each level.
renexxxx
Trader

Pending order Strategy

Post by renexxxx »

The 'documentation' is not very clear, but what I understand is that it works something like this:

1. Set two pending orders: a BUY STOP at 20 PIPs of current market price, and a SELL STOP at 20 PIPs of current market price. Starting lotSize = 0.01

2. Each order has a TP of 100%, and SL of 50%(??, whatever that means). Let's assume that both the BUY and SELL have a TP of 20 PIPs and an SL or 10 PIPs.

3. If (and when) a TP is hit, a new STOP order is set, at the same distance (i.e. 20 PIPs) in the same direction, with the same lotSize.

4. If (and when) an SL is hit, a new STOP order is set, in the opposite direction, at the same distance, with double the lotSize.

5. There will only ever be 2 trades open at a time.

Is this a correct interpretation?
FXe3
Trader

Pending order Strategy

Post by FXe3 »

I think this diagram explains it better

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/GBPUS ... erimental/
cyberevil
Trader

Pending order Strategy

Post by cyberevil »

renexxxx, thanks for looking into it. FXe3 thanks for the new diagram. I don't know how I missed it.
I have the same understanding as you.

I think 100% means if you're using 100 pips gap the SL will be 50 pips.
renexxxx
Trader

Pending order Strategy

Post by renexxxx »

I wrote this little bot quickly as a proof of concept. As I thought, it won't work. May be someone else wants to have another go at it, as I may have misunderstood some details of the strategy.

Have fun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cyberevil
Trader

Pending order Strategy

Post by cyberevil »

Thanks rene, I really appreciate your time and effort :hi:

I'll test it out and see if it can be turned around. It looks so good on paper :youknow:
:roll:
heart1010
Trader

Pending order Strategy

Post by heart1010 »

I've used the EA for an hour and ended up with a broker error message...

The EA opened hundreds of pending orders here...
cyberevil
Trader

Pending order Strategy

Post by cyberevil »

Did this for my test. seems to open many order at the same price... tried to see if it would do the same on crap test and it did.
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Pending order Strategy

Post by SteveHopwood »

I am locking this thread.

Cy, according to you even the OP describes the system as experimental.

I prefer not to see the time of serious coders here at shf wasted. Usual thing; prove it works manually and the coders here are guaranteed to take interest.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
cyberevil
Trader

Pending order Strategy

Post by cyberevil »

Okay sounds good, let me try it out... if anyone else wants to give it a go. Here is what it looks like on paper. :good:

vdubus:
there will only ever be two open trades at any one time.
The system work in all situations, but just as a heads up, the shorter the pip difference the faster trades are activated / harder to control & you can burn up your entire account. Bes just to say well out of the way of market volatility .
Untitled.png

Return to “Ideas for Possible Automation”