Currency strength (like Hanover)

Place your new trading idea here to see if someone can automate it.
simplex
Trader
Location: An insignificant village close to an insignificant former capital at the Rhine River.

Re: Currency strength (like Hanover)

Post by simplex »

garyfritz » 21 Apr 2013, 15:15 wrote:No, José Luis, I abandoned this indicator long ago. The approach I used would have worked very cleanly with every other trading platform I've ever used, but I could never get it to behave with Empty4's "unique" implementation.
Empty4's "unique" implementation ? :clap: A very 'polite' description of Empty4's 'features'!

I'm currently working on similar CS concepts. Usually everything works fine if you're NOT going too far back from current bar, about 300 - 500 bars are mostly fine for me on short timeframes (GP Demo). If you're proceeding backwards to go for past values, that 'good old' feature of Empty4 missing bars begins to smash your indicator.

We're used to code indicators using the bar index as the common anchor on the time dimension. For CS indicators, this does not work if bars are missing. If bars were missing equally for all pairs involved it would be ok (more or less). But what if (let's say in M5) pair X carries timestamp T on bar index I, while pair Y carries T + 85 minutes on the same coordinate? Just imagine what this means for your CS calculation!

I wrote a test script for my price history. On M5 I found discrepancies of more than 6 hours after 10000 bars. Every ordinary CS indicator will strictly follow GIGO rules in this case.

All you can do is recode your CS indicators using timestamps as anchor points for your calculations instead of usual bar index. It's a workaround that costs a little coders' sweat and a lot of CPU power at runtime if used uncautiously.

I'm still working on the CPU resource part.
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)
It appears that the Weighted Moving Average was invented by a trader who did not have a firm grasp of filter theory in hopes of reducing lag. (John F. Ehlers)
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Currency strength (like Hanover)

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have locked this thread. It was abandoned a long time ago and has nothing to offer.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Ideas for Possible Automation”