A trade trigger partner for Super Slope

Place your new trading idea here to see if someone can automate it.
xphoton

Post by xphoton »

Hey Vince,

I Have made a toy for quick test.
It bases on Holy Graily Bob 'n Dotty 'n Super Slope 'n Flying Buddha.
I add no feature except replacing the indicator from Flying Buddha to ma_bbands.
So if you don't know how to use or set it, please refer to that thread.

It needs ma_bbands in Indicator and HGBnD core library.mqh in Include. Download the latest verison.

Good luck!
Photon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pacinvest
Trader

Post by pacinvest »

Wow thanks Xphoton I will get it up and have a look.

Radar is working on a version too so you guys will soon need to compare notes, Radar found that our beloved indy paints its arrow 1 candle preceding when it is generated. Radar got as far as getting the mabbands trade signal to fire within in a basic EA shell but not trade. I used this to manual trade on M5 last night just to watch the signal and test it a bit. I attached this little manual trading session below. 5 trades no losses, +37 pips total. I cheated on the last two trades and set tp and went to bed.

The 'little dirty trick' as Radar calls it that the mabbands indy does to paint its signal arrow is not a game breaker as the concept is still valid in my view, but for now the signals just look a bit better than they actually are. Really the job of the mabband here is to show hi-low PA behavior in partnership with super slopey, not by itself.

Thanks again, I am sure Radar will be back soon with comment etc. he needed to get some sleep........

cheers vince
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pacinvest
Trader

Post by pacinvest »

Xphoton can't get this test bot to compile. I'll check in here later unfortunately I have to do a bit of work in my actual job today.....
cheers
vince
Radar
Trader

Post by Radar »

Hey Vince,
pacinvest » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:39 am wrote:Xphoton can't get this test bot to compile. I'll check in here later unfortunately I have to do a bit of work in my actual job today.....
cheers
vince
Do you have the HGBnD library in your Include folder? The compiler needs to pull stuff from that so it can finish the job.

Have fun!
Radar =8^)
Check out my new, (well, old now), manual trade & automatic scale-in manager,
StackManV2
pacinvest
Trader

Post by pacinvest »

Oh dear thanks Radar, haste makes waste I was actually trying to get out the door to go surfing when I loaded the EA.......................sorry to waste you time with dumb mistake. Xphoton's EA seems to be compiling and loading fine now.
Cheers
vince
xphoton

Post by xphoton »

I also notice the "dirty trick".
So if the EA(EveryTickMode=false) opens a trade, you will see the arrow in left of left bar.
Acctually the arrow was drawn during the left bar.
Maybe it is better to modify the indicator to drawn arrows where it occurs.
That just affects the looking, not so important. :)

Cheers,
Photon
Radar
Trader

Post by Radar »

Hey Gang,

Here's a version of the indicator with the arrows placed at the bar that it was calculated on, rather than at the previous bar.

Use the original with the EA, or take "corrected" off the name of this one... The EA will get the correct signals from either one of them.

Have fun!
Radar =8^)
Check out my new, (well, old now), manual trade & automatic scale-in manager,
StackManV2
pacinvest
Trader

Post by pacinvest »

Thanks Radar & Xphoton

I have two trial demos going with the HGI n DB n MB EA, I will do a little report on weekend, Choppy PA is making a bit of mess of the lower TF one and on H4 the EA has been a bit reluctant to dip its feet into this current market. I will need a bit of time to look closely at what's happening before I can say more, but it appears the EA is doing what is asked of it. Appreciate you guys helping with this.

A little things on the display of the EA it displays 'Trend time frame' always as H4, instead of what you input as Higher time frame, this makes me a bit nervous of what it is actually doing in terms of trend filter, although it states that HTF is blue/red etc. apparently correctly??

cheers
vince
xphoton

Post by xphoton »

Hi guys,

I found another "dirty trick".
When reloading ma_bbands with default setting, sometimes some signals disappeared.It repaints.
The reason is that default parameter "MoveShift" is 12.When you load it, the arrows in the past combined MA from 12 bars after the arrows. But in realtime, you can't use MA from future.
If you don't want to see arrows repainted, set ""MoveShift" to 0. Looking is not so good as 12, but that's WYSIWYG. And it become more similar as FlyingBuddha. :smile:
I am not sure which is better, try it for yourself.

MoveShift=12
MoveShift12.jpg
MoveShift=0
MoveShift0.jpg
ma_bbands(MoveShift=0) VS FlyingBuddha
MB&FB.jpg
A little things on the display of the EA it displays 'Trend time frame' always as H4, instead of what you input as Higher time frame, this makes me a bit nervous of what it is actually doing in terms of trend filter, although it states that HTF is blue/red etc. apparently correctly??
"Trend time frame" shows the input parameter "HgiTrendTimeFrame". If you set "UseTrendHGI" to false, just ignore it.

Cheers,
Photon
pacinvest
Trader

Post by pacinvest »

Thanks Photon I will have a look at this on the weekend
Cheers
Vince

Return to “Ideas for Possible Automation”