Correlation Order Simulator

Place your new trading idea here to see if someone can automate it.
Tonysalta

Correlation Order Simulator

Post by Tonysalta »

I am a great believer in Correlation Trading and have been looking for a tool that could simulate an order entry and plot onto a chart the Total Loss/Profit of the referred orders - Let me explain through this example:

Let us presume that today, SEP 18TH, we have this charts open - EURUSD + GBPUSD + USDCAD + USDCHF + AUDUSD + NZDUSD + EURJPY + EURCHF + EURAUD & GOLD

Now we would like to simulate opening Long EURJPY + GBPUSD & AUDUSD and opening Short USDCAD & USDCHF on SEP 12th at 00:00 and plot onto a clean chart the movement of the Total Profit/Loss every pre-defined minimum price movement - lets us say 250$. It could look something like this:

At 00:00 Value -15.85 (Always stars negative due to the spread)

At 00:37 Value -126.00 (Price went against before turning in our favour)

At 00:53 Value +152.00 (Price went in our favour 278$)

At 01:01 Value +116.25 (Price retraced 35.75$ before advancing 265.35$)

At 01:24 Value +381.60 etc, etc...

I am convinced that a tool such as this would assist tremendeously all traders that use Corrrelation as criteria for their trading as it should enable them to enter at identified retracement levels as well as analise past performances.
gaheitman
Trader

Re: Correlation Order Simulator

Post by gaheitman »

Tonysalta wrote:I am a great believer in Correlation Trading and have been looking for a tool that could simulate an order entry and plot onto a chart the Total Loss/Profit of the referred orders - Let me explain through this example:

Let us presume that today, SEP 18TH, we have this charts open - EURUSD + GBPUSD + USDCAD + USDCHF + AUDUSD + NZDUSD + EURJPY + EURCHF + EURAUD & GOLD

Now we would like to simulate opening Long EURJPY + GBPUSD & AUDUSD and opening Short USDCAD & USDCHF on SEP 12th at 00:00 and plot onto a clean chart the movement of the Total Profit/Loss every pre-defined minimum price movement - lets us say 250$. It could look something like this:

At 00:00 Value -15.85 (Always stars negative due to the spread)

At 00:37 Value -126.00 (Price went against before turning in our favour)

At 00:53 Value +152.00 (Price went in our favour 278$)

At 01:01 Value +116.25 (Price retraced 35.75$ before advancing 265.35$)

At 01:24 Value +381.60 etc, etc...

I am convinced that a tool such as this would assist tremendeously all traders that use Corrrelation as criteria for their trading as it should enable them to enter at identified retracement levels as well as analise past performances.
It would be much easier to display the net P/L at the close of the bar, for whatever time frame you put the indicator on. It would then be up to you to notice it had moved x dollars.

The pit bull indicator allows you to set the start time in the past and then calculates the current value of the basket. It doesn't give you the history, but it is a start. http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 7224#p7224 There may be other Pit Bull indicators that give you what you want. You may want to search at FF as well.

George
Tonysalta

Re: Correlation Order Simulator

Post by Tonysalta »

Thank you George for your reply.
I will browse though the link provided and see if I can spot something useful.

Return to “Ideas for Possible Automation”