Script to (ATTEMPT) Force Download of historical data

ahmedalhoseny

Re: Script to (ATTEMPT) Force Download of historical data

Post by ahmedalhoseny »

Hello Matt Kennel i download your script but failed to use it it keep give me failed message

Attached the expert report

any advice

Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
garyfritz

Post by garyfritz »

No, that says "Failed: none" -- none of them failed, all of them succeeded.
traderduke
Trader

Post by traderduke »

Matt
Thanks , it works beautifully. I use renko charts, is there any script that can load all the available 1M data instead of holding down the HOME key?

Thanks again

Ray
garyfritz

Post by garyfritz »

Run the script and it will load M1 data along with all the other TFs.

If you don't want the other TFs, I believe you could modify the timeFrames[] declaration (lines 48-50) to only include PERIOD_M1:

Code: Select all

int timeFrames[] = { PERIOD_M1,PERIOD_M5,PERIOD_M15,PERIOD_M30,PERIOD_H1,
                     PERIOD_H4,PERIOD_D1,PERIOD_W1, PERIOD_MN1
                   };
traderduke
Trader

Post by traderduke »

Thanks Gary but what I need is a script that will load "ALL THE 1 Minute data that is available". Most of the scripts load a couple thousand but using the HOME key a couple "hundred thousand " are available which is needed for visual and testing Renko.

My 3oz fishing weight works good on the home key but its time consuming. :lol:
garyfritz wrote:Run the script and it will load M1 data along with all the other TFs.

If you don't want the other TFs, I believe you could modify the timeFrames[] declaration (lines 48-50) to only include PERIOD_M1:

};
gaheitman
Trader

Post by gaheitman »

traderduke wrote:Thanks Gary but what I need is a script that will load "ALL THE 1 Minute data that is available". Most of the scripts load a couple thousand but using the HOME key a couple "hundred thousand " are available which is needed for visual and testing Renko.

My 3oz fishing weight works good on the home key but its time consuming. :lol:
garyfritz wrote:Run the script and it will load M1 data along with all the other TFs.

};
This shortcut I posted will get the actual data downloaded the fastest (shockingly fast), but there is setup and cleanup time for each pair. http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 1970#p8437

I've been meaning to write a script that will basically do the above, but I just don't need to do this that often.

George
mrmagic

Post by mrmagic »

MichaelM wrote:I found that the following EA works very well.

Just input one of: M1, M5, M15,H1,H4,D1,W1,MN into the period input and away you go.

Don't bother about the FastMethod and Pause (they go together), but all it does is allocates the amount of time to spend in seconds to download data for each Symbol.

If the EA gets interrupted for some reason and you find that it gets 'stuck', remove it and before you start it up again, just delete the GV's (press F3) associated to the EA.
Thx for this script. However, when I start it it crashes my Empty4, by opening a lot.... extremely a lot of message boxes...

Any idea how to fix that?
traderduke
Trader

Post by traderduke »

MichaelM,
Its the only one with a targeted time frame, it use to work great prior to Build 500, any chance you can get it working again??

Thanks

Ray

MichaelM wrote:I found that the following EA works very well.

Just input one of: M1, M5, M15,H1,H4,D1,W1,MN into the period input and away you go.

Don't bother about the FastMethod and Pause (they go together), but all it does is allocates the amount of time to spend in seconds to download data for each Symbol.

If the EA gets interrupted for some reason and you find that it gets 'stuck', remove it and before you start it up again, just delete the GV's (press F3) associated to the EA.
CoNieCo

Post by CoNieCo »

Matt, how to customize the script to also support such as CFDs, where in the name of the shortcut is a different number of characters than 6?

Edit:
Matt Last visited: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:32 am.
Probably never see a response from the author. He found the grail, or bankrupt?

Can someone please look at the code and give some tips? Mainly in terms of choice of prefixes used by different brokers for naming indexes and other contracts and indices.
In the author's version works great, but only for currency pairs 6 letter (possibly with suffixes brokers).
phillipsd

Script to (ATTEMPT) Force Download of historical data

Post by phillipsd »

My first EVER post to a forum of ANY description ..

I seem to take a lot without ever giving .. so here goes.
Now that 610 has been thrust upon us I suspect a great many hard things have become a little easier.
Matt's script certainly helped me, but seemed to hit the 2048 bar wall.

Attached a dirty-ish winapi EA that will perform the donkey keystrokes to fill up your charts for specified 28 symbols. Drop on a single chart with AutoScroll disabled and Zoom Out to the max

Clearly you'll need to leave this to it's thing and grab a coffee .. otherwise all manner of other apps are gonna start receiving HOME keystrokes!

Hope helps

D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Coders Hangout”