Python indicator

zyx
Trader

Python indicator

Post by zyx »

Hey guys,

I've been working on a little python trade scanner for a while with the intention to setup an alerter of some sort. I'd planned on setting up the new MT5 python bridge to connect it to data and get trade signals, however I've run out of time. I was wondering if anyone here might be interested in taking what I've got and converting into mql4 (its less than 50 lines of code and fairly straight forward). You don't even need to know python.

Here is a link to some photos of buy signals. It captures both high volume setups (red) and low volume (green) because depending on the pattern and trend I may want to fade the signal. You might notice that a lot of signals fail in a big way :)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

If I run it through the simple backtester I made the stats suck. but thats understandable.
Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 5.40.41 AM.png
I gave up on trying to filter out the bad signals via code and feel pretty confident I can trade it as-is. It looks like it returns about 150 signals a week from M5-H4 on 20ish pairs.

If there are any mql programmers who'd be interested please let me know. The indi would obviously be yours to keep.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zyx
Trader

Python indicator

Post by zyx »

I also have another one which is just a slight variation on the parameters. Its goal was to capture stop runs but it kinda behaves in the same way that depending on the current market pattern might be a good breakout trade rather than a reversal.

Here are two pics which I find pretty clear on which is likely more likely to work as a reversal and which is likely to be a continuation/breakout
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Coders Hangout”