[Help] Converting 'The Captain' EA to MQL5

abmfcs

Post by abmfcs »

Hello guys.

I am new here and this is my first post. Please be easy on me if I end up violating any forum rules :).

I am trying to convert "The Captain" EA to Mt5. I am not a coder / a very poor coder so I used fxdreema's converter to generate the mql5 code and then debugged it myself.

The mql5 code is now compiling without errors and is opening trades. However the problem I am facing is that when the opposite candle is created, the EA does not close the previous trades. Rather, it starts opening trades in the opposite direction.

I would really appreciate if someone here can help me fix this problem, or write the mql5 equivalent if possible / cleaner. I am attaching both the original mq4 and the converted mq5 for quick access.

Would really appreciate the help.

Regards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thunderbolt4x

Post by Thunderbolt4x »

Hi,

I am putting together a class that converts functions in MT5 to similar function names in Empty4. I am using the Empty4 function name preceded with an _ to group them together.

I am currently using it but I if you are interested I will let you know when it is ready for general testing.

Cheers,

TBFX

Return to “Coders Hangout”