Trader

AI and Neural Network System

Post by c1borg »

rapple » Thu May 24, 2018 12:58 am wrote:Hi C1borg

Have run your Processes and it worked perfectly. :yahoo:

Now just need to understand the results. :shock:

Cheers Richard
Great :good:

Ok when you finish the results will appear :shock: here's what they mean....

1. Prediction Trend Accuracy
Simply how accurate the prediction you just ran is. In this example 77.5% this will vary and I suggest you run a new prediction on every Friday close ready for the following week. This is a prediction of the TREND up or down for the next week.
Capture.PNG
2. Example Set Generate Attributes
You can move the collumns around but the 2 we are interested in are the Prediction Label and the HV 5 Day Daily-0. The values themselves are meaningless to us but basically if the prediction is above the previous 5 day the trend is up or alternatively the prediction is less than previous 5 day the trend is down. Thats why the last 2 entries at the bottom are the most important.
Capture1.png
3.The Log File and Parameter Set
Just shows all the permutations it went through to achieve the prediction and the best result from the tests.

We can also see this in the graph section to see the prediction and actual results and how they look together. This is an edited image.
capture2.png
I dont know if this is useful or not just thought I would put it out there for you to try, I dont have time to fully test it but im sure it could be incorporated into Empty4 and may be an additional tool to try.

Btw you can get the data directly from Empty4 History and export into Excel just make sure the format is correct. Oh and you need at least 2-3 years of data to get a meaningful prediction.

Have fun
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by c1borg on Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
v2vboni

Post by v2vboni »

I will try this one c1borg.... thanks for sharing.

Earlier... using an old Neural Nework Empty4 based tool (https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9002), it predicted NZDJPY for me based on just a few historical data (due to high CPU usage). Then, I tried to search more about Neural Network in Financial trading and I found this thread of yours here.
HA_APB2.jpg
Now, I will try this Rapidminer tool and see how it goes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

Hi.

Would anyone of you be kind enough to give me a real life step-by-step example how to trade this? Or is this merely a theoretical discussion here?

Thanks in advance.
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

tomele » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:13 am wrote:Hi.

Would anyone of you be kind enough to give me a real life step-by-step example how to trade this? Or is this merely a theoretical discussion here?

Thanks in advance.
I assume what the question refers to is auto trading currencies. Not an easy thing to do, as to my knowledge nobody has used Rapidminer output to do this. However it is undeniable that AI works, admittedly not always as expected, just ask someone who has been involved in an accident with a self driving vehicle.

The system I have posted if you want to call it that can be thought of as an indicator that is right 7 out of 10 times on the trend of one pair. Now if you can use that information in your trading system is up to you. However there are 2 initial problems to solve to go automatic.

1.Processing power - Depending on your equipment the experiment can take a while to run for each individual currency pair. Times that by 28 pairs and you can see the issue. This would ideally be automated over a weekend.
2. You would need to get the results into Empty4 and use the indicator as one element in your system. Not impossible but quite challenging.

So to answer your question I don’t have a step by step on what to do with the tool, but you can certainly run it to see a prediction of where a currency is likely to go UP or DOWN. You can then use this in addition to other indicators to improve your trading system.

Practically you can manually use the process and I have live traded using this information in the past. But I think it would be very dangerous to use it as a standalone indicator. Hope this helps :smile:
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

v2vboni » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:37 pm wrote:I will try this one c1borg.... thanks for sharing.

Earlier... using an old Neural Nework Empty4 based tool (https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9002), it predicted NZDJPY for me based on just a few historical data (due to high CPU usage). Then, I tried to search more about Neural Network in Financial trading and I found this thread of yours here.

Now, I will try this Rapidminer tool and see how it goes.
Be very careful and look at any systems before using them I have seen lots of useless supposed AI indicators. Rapidminer is a well respected tool used in many industries and applications supported by people who are considered experts in the field. I am dubious of predicting anything live using the type of indicator you nave posted. Just sayin :roll:

There is a comment at the bottom of https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9002
Andrey Rakhlin
Andrey Rakhlin | 3 Aug 2019 at 22:45
This is random. Apply to chart it gives prediction, refresh indicator with the same settings - it gives different forecast, refresh again - again different. Random generator is the same
So seems to give random results (coin flip)

Return to “Manual trading systems”