Monthly trading

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Monthly trading

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have not updated here for a while:
  • 2 months ago: losses of c. $1,000 on all accounts;
  • 1 month ago: modest gain of a few hundred dollars.
  • This month: all accounts hit their TP within days.
Best performer so far is account no 2276025 which is: using Bob's filter: TP $2000; 0.1 lots. The balance in $14,547 just over $1000 more than using Bob's filter but shooting for $1,000.

Early days but this looks hopeful. Bob's filter makes a huge difference, or has so far.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
trader689
Trader

Monthly trading

Post by trader689 »

looking very promising thanks Steve

trader
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Monthly trading

Post by SteveHopwood »

Here is a curiosity for you.

My monthly trading demo without Bob's filter and with a tp of $2,000 (2276023) and using my script to send the orders, took out an XAUUSD sell. How? No idea.

Granted, it is at +990 at the mo and has been over +$1100, so I am not grumbling. :smile:

Still no idea how the order was sent.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

isabek
Trader

Monthly trading

Post by isabek »

rise of the machines
SteveHopwood
Owner

Monthly trading

Post by SteveHopwood »

I had a closer look at the other demo accounts. XAUUSD appears in all the baskets - and all are doing ridiculously well. The account with the $1,000 TP has hit - entirely due to XAUUSD. Something to experiment with, perhaps?

SteveHopwood
Owner

Monthly trading

Post by SteveHopwood »

A successful month. All the accounts hit their TP within a few days. They started at the same time 5 months ago.

Using Bob's filter TP $2,000: current balance $15,533.

Not using Bob's filter TP $2,000: current balance $12,486

Using Bob's filter TP $1,000: current balance $15,488.

The original, earliest demo does not use the filter and has a current balance of $9,732. This represents a substantial recovery despite being in loss.

Early days but it is starting to look as though Bob's filter makes a big difference.

trader689
Trader

Monthly trading

Post by trader689 »

thanks for the update Steve, looking very promising :clap:

trader
awesome

Monthly trading

Post by awesome »

Bob's optional moving average filter is something that nanningbob introduced to us in the early days of this forum. Bob isn't around much these days but his influence is felt throughout, most visibly in HGI and Super Slope that he conceived and got brilliant coders to create the software.

Bob taught us that prices on the monthly chart rarely change direction to form a trend in the opposite direction. As I recall, he wanted to use a 1 period MN1 moving average. 1 period MA was not available at the time, so he devised an emulation by creating a 240 period H4 MA:
  • Market is above the MA: buy only.
  • Market is below the MA: sell only.
You will see the option to use Bob's MA filter in the order sending script and the monthly direction indi. It is disabled by default.
Can you please upload bob's filter indicator to your first post here?
SteveHopwood
Owner

Monthly trading

Post by SteveHopwood »

The monthly trading using Bob's filter and shooting for $1,000 closed the position on Friday. The balance is $16,490 i.e. a jot under +65% gain across the 7 trading cycles.

The version using Bob's filter and shooting for $2,000 is still open at +$1,781. Should this hit its TP then the balance will be $17,553 give or take the odd buck or two. That will be +75% across the 7 trading cycles.

The demos not using Bob's filter are doing nowhere near as well. The original that started all this off is a wreck.

My conclusion: turn on the filter.

I am going to shut down the non-Bob demos for another experiment. This time, trade long when the market is above Bob's filter but only when the previous month retraced and finished as a falling candle. Vice versa for a sell. No idea if it will be any good but the principle is sound - buy low and sell high. We shall see.

trader689
Trader

Monthly trading

Post by trader689 »

looking really good Steve, thanks for the update, and the new experiment sounds like it's based on a really solid principle. Very interesting developments here!

trader

Return to “Manual trading systems”