The Hidden Pending EA

MPTM's new home
robertk

The Hidden Pending EA

Post by robertk »

milanese » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:02 pm wrote:
robertk » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:50 pm wrote:I have a small question regarding spread calculation. I heard that buy and sell stops are triggered by the bid and ask price respectively; the same as how a normal (hard) stop order would work.

What's the spread calculation for limit orders buy and sell? "Ask" for buy limits and "bid" for sell limits i assume?

Thank you for your great work!
yes this EA works in that way.
Cheers :)

Tommaso
Milanese, today tried your EA on my account. I was experimenting some with 0.01 orders, just to see if it is working correctly... What i noticed is that despite a limit order hidden pending level is set (tried both with movable line and without), it almost instantly opens market orders, despite price not even being near the hidden pending (more than 10 pips away).

I am using a 5-digit broker, if that makes any difference. Hope you have a solution for this one, thanks again!
milanese
TechAdmin

The Hidden Pending EA

Post by milanese »

robertk » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:04 pm wrote:
Milanese, today tried your EA on my account. I was experimenting some with 0.01 orders, just to see if it is working correctly... What i noticed is that despite a limit order hidden pending level is set (tried both with movable line and without), it almost instantly opens market orders, despite price not even being near the hidden pending (more than 10 pips away).

I am using a 5-digit broker, if that makes any difference. Hope you have a solution for this one, thanks again!
read the first post in this thread and the thread the function are explained, too the settings, it seems you have a problem in your settings, as the EA is working absolutely as intended, I am using it myself.

Tommaso
Global Prime is the official SHF broker :yahoo:
Searching for Servers and Workstations with individual configuration?
Just PM
:smile: Click here to go to the BoardKnowledgeBase
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
sandawa

The Hidden Pending EA

Post by sandawa »

@all: Please excuse my (possibly terrible) English. My native language is german, so I need the help of Bing or Google :)

@Tomaso,

I would like warmly to thank you for sharing your tool. I'm just on testing and the first results are impressive.

@ all,

what do you think of the following idea:

If one follows a trend that there are sometimes backlashes, which run in the opposite direction and immediately solve every stop, even if he was still so generously used.

Would it make sense to have a trailing stop running backwards? This could be to a defined point which is set by parameter, or at maximum to the starting point of the order (0 pips).

Forward, it runs up to the specified TP.

Have a good day!

sandawa
goodo
Trader

The Hidden Pending EA

Post by goodo »

Hello Milanese, thanks again for contributing with this fantastic helper.

In a future update, Would you consider a dynamic risk-based order size with a manually set stoploss? And a multiplier for the stacks? So if I set a pending trade to use 2% risk of my balance (or equity) on Monday, but the pending gets filled on Thursday, the size of the order will account for profit on other pairs on Tuesday and Wednesday?

Thanks again for such a wonderful utility. The spike filter alone makes it worth using.

edit: Alternatively, you could make the EA take over existing pending orders on the platform. That way traders could use whichever script they are accustomed to use for entering their orders, you could even enter trades on the mobile platform knowing the EA would take over these too. Although I do not know how complex this would actually be, or even if it would be simpler than the former suggestion.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

The Hidden Pending EA

Post by SteveHopwood »

goodo » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:18 pm wrote:Hello Milanese, thanks again for contributing with this fantastic helper.

In a future update, Would you consider a dynamic risk-based order size with a manually set stoploss? And a multiplier for the stacks? So if I set a pending trade to use 2% risk of my balance (or equity) on Monday, but the pending gets filled on Thursday, the size of the order will account for profit on other pairs on Tuesday and Wednesday?

Thanks again for such a wonderful utility. The spike filter alone makes it worth using.

edit: Alternatively, you could make the EA take over existing pending orders on the platform. That way traders could use whichever script they are accustomed to use for entering their orders, you could even enter trades on the mobile platform knowing the EA would take over these too. Although I do not know how complex this would actually be, or even if it would be simpler than the former suggestion.
I know that back in 2014 Tommaso wrote, "Enjoy and let me know if you want new functions".

That was quite a long time ago. Those of us who contribute a lot to HF tend to forget what we wrote in an OP from quite a long time ago. Hell, I forget what I wrote last week.

Times have changed. The SHF ethos is this now: prove your idea works and someone might agree to code it.

We do not code willy-nilly to satisfy random requests made by people with no proven track record of useful posts.

I am locking this post now, to avoid repetition of posts such as yours. It is Tommaso's thread and he will unlock it if he feels this will be helpful or that my intervention is premature.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
milanese
TechAdmin

The Hidden Pending EA

Post by milanese »

due to request topic is again open..
Just PM
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
danjuma
Trader

The Hidden Pending EA

Post by danjuma »

Hello milanese. A very useful EA and thanks for making it. I tired to use the EA and I found the following limitations/errors:

(1) Once an order has been triggered, the EA does not trigger any more new pending orders. For example, you attach the EA on say a 4H chart. The pending sell trade is triggered and the pending buy trade is cancelled. All well and good. However, no more new pending buy and sell orders are triggered on the next 'previous' candle. Even when you remove the EA and re-attach it, no new pending orders get triggered as long as there is already a trade on the symbol. I have checked all the settings in the EA and I cannot figure out whether it is to do with a particular setting or that is just how the EA is.

(2) I get the following errors with some symbols. For example, right now for EURGBP, EURNZD and EURCHF, I get "EURGBP SL/TP order modify failed with error(1): no error, trade conditions not changed". Even though I have used the exact same settings for all pairs. (image attached)

(3) Also, if it is possible to have the option to change the font size and colour of the display text, that would be most useful.

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
milanese
TechAdmin

The Hidden Pending EA

Post by milanese »

danjuma » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:18 am wrote:Hello milanese. A very useful EA and thanks for making it. I tired to use the EA and I found the following limitations/errors:

(1) Once an order has been triggered, the EA does not trigger any more new pending orders. For example, you attach the EA on say a 4H chart. The pending sell trade is triggered and the pending buy trade is cancelled. All well and good. However, no more new pending buy and sell orders are triggered on the next 'previous' candle. Even when you remove the EA and re-attach it, no new pending orders get triggered as long as there is already a trade on the symbol. I have checked all the settings in the EA and I cannot figure out whether it is to do with a particular setting or that is just how the EA is.

(2) I get the following errors with some symbols. For example, right now for EURGBP, EURNZD and EURCHF, I get "EURGBP SL/TP order modify failed with error(1): no error, trade conditions not changed". Even though I have used the exact same settings for all pairs. (image attached)

(3) Also, if it is possible to have the option to change the font size and colour of the display text, that would be most useful.

Thank you.
The first point is a setting problem you can set how many positions you want to have open. Read carefully the first post and the topic.
The second, you can ignore as it is no error.
Then you must know that the EA is optimized for a higher screen resolution, here you must play with the settings to have the optimal optical feel (see attached picture)
USDCHFH1.png

Tommaso
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just PM
neorage30

The Hidden Pending EA

Post by neorage30 »

I just want to thank Tomasso and members of SHF for contributing so much useful stuffs and letting you guys know that I will use it, learn from it & edit it to my need.

Although it may sound common and everyone were taught to do it, but my belief require me to ask/let the owner know that I'm using their stuff. So, here I am.
I rely on indicators for my trade.
We call it price & candlestick.

The problem with being a full-time trader is out of idea of what to do.. Because of C-19, everyone can have a taste of my life.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

The Hidden Pending EA

Post by SteveHopwood »

neorage30 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:49 am wrote:I just want to thank Tomasso and members of SHF for contributing so much useful stuffs and letting you guys know that I will use it, learn from it & edit it to my need.

Although it may sound common and everyone were taught to do it, but my belief require me to ask/let the owner know that I'm using their stuff. So, here I am.
And most welcome you are.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Utilities Indicators and Scripts”