Introducing myself with a little gift (pivot pearls)

MPTM's new home
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

Hello fellow traders.

First I want to introduce myself: I am not trading FX live at the moment, my live background is trading stock options. I am intensively trading FX on a few demo accounts for a few months now and have tested myriads of indicators, systems and robots.

I am very happy that I have finally arrived at this forum, because you all are doing a brilliant job. I have learned so much by reading all those threads. And all the work that you put in indicators and robots for free is overwhelming. I just have started to try out all this fantastic stuff. :good:

I am a coder myself (Basic, Pascal, C, Python, esp. Graphics for STBs) for 40+ years and have just started to get familiar with MQL. I hope that I can support you in testing and development in the future when my knowledge of MQL will have become sufficient.

At the moment my MQL is ok to tweak indicators to my personal taste, combine and add functionalities, and make them look better (obsessive skinner :) ) I have a little piece of work, that I want to share with you, because I am alwas looking to contribute at my best:

PivotPearls is not all coded by my own, it is based on mtf visualization by Joca. It shows you the actual bars of selectable higher timeframes right of your chart. I have added the pearls. They are the pivot points with support and resistance and the high/lows of the previous bar for each timeframe. White are pivots, blue and orange are support and resist, lime and magenta are high and low. I like this visualization much more than those hundreds of dotted colored lines in my chart for positioning TPs and SLs.

I hope someone will find this useful. If you have any questions, I am ready to answer.

All my best,
Thomas. :hi:

And sorry for my english. I am german.

PS. Currently I am working on minor improvements for the brilliant TradeReport and SS_SupportResistance. I will share those as soon as they are ready.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Welcome Thomas. There is always room for coders here at SHF.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
mast83

Post by mast83 »

Willkommen im Forum :)
hannele
Trader

Post by hannele »

Nice to meet you :hi: and thank you for sharing Tomele :good: . Looking forward your further work.
cheers
hannele :)
1000pips
Trader

Post by 1000pips »

:youknow: hi tomele. Nice to meet you. I really like your PivotPearls indicator. It is simple, & does not clutter your trading screen. I appreciate the simplicity :hi: I think it is possible to add fibonacci pivot levels in the form of squares or diamonds on it. Could you be having a version that gives the option to choose H1-M1 range fibonacci pivot levels (yellow diamonds may be) for naked simplicity on your trading charts? Thank you :clap:
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

1000pips » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:23 am wrote::youknow: hi tomele. Nice to meet you. I really like your PivotPearls indicator. It is simple, & does not clutter your trading screen. I appreciate the simplicity :hi: I think it is possible to add fibonacci pivot levels in the form of squares or diamonds on it. Could you be having a version that gives the option to choose H1-M1 range fibonacci pivot levels (yellow diamonds may be) for naked simplicity on your trading charts? Thank you :clap:
I had forgotten about this thread until I noticed 1000pips contribution. Thanks for bringing it up again 1000pips. :clap:

SHF is a meritocracy. I always tell new members to stay quiet until they have something useful to say - many of you will remember the slightly threatening tone of my 'Welcome' message. There are many forms of welcome; not certain that mine is unique but it is probably a tad on the rare side. :lol:

It is possible to go from zero to hero very quickly in a meritocracy. Thomas is a classic example. He joined our forum a very short time ago and is now an invaluable member. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Maybe time to pay more attention to his initial offering here?

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

Hi,

@Steve
I can remember my first days here at SHF. Super-enthusiastic and moronic enough to post things without learning all the rules first. Thanks for your patience and not banning me directly in the beginning. :smile:

@1000pips
Nice idea. I am planning to add the fib option as well as maybe atr levels to the indi. I am not that lightning-fast master coder like Rene, so I will need some free time to dive into it.

Cheers, Thomas
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
manfloy
Trader

Post by manfloy »

many thanks guys :party: :jump:
fire580
Trader

Post by fire580 »

Thanks Thomas....great indicator :hi:
1000pips
Trader

Post by 1000pips »

:xm: Thanks again Thomas, hopefully the extend line function to the left of the chart for a chosen number of bars could be included on the next revamp. I think I saw the extend function in the fractal mtf-indi below. Thanks & good day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Utilities Indicators and Scripts”