MPTM updated

MPTM's new home
pachobv

MPTM updated

Post by pachobv »

Hey guys...

Is the version in Post 1 in this topic the lastest or is there a new one? I think I have version 1a

Also, does anyone know if there is a MT5 version?

Thank you!!!
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

MPTM updated

Post by SteveHopwood »

Yes.

No.

Best not to ask stupid questions. They will lead to a short membership of SHF.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Waltfont

MPTM updated

Post by Waltfont »

Hi Steve,
just a humble contribution...

there is a typo in the "Font sise" (sic) in the EA parameters, third last row.
Nothing serious, but I thought could be nice to know...

If I may, I would like to use the space in this my first post to express my gratitude to all the guys 'n gals involved in this project!

Have a great day!

Walt
stevenforex

MPTM updated

Post by stevenforex »

Hello! :hi:

I'm using the MPTM on my demo and on a trade today I had an interesting result....

I use the lazy SL to 15 pips, Move to BE +2 at 15 pips and close half of the position when that happens....

Today I had one buy-trade of 3 lots which got the SL set correctly. And I had a sell-trade of the same pair that hit SL. When the buy-trade reached +15 pips after some time it got the SL moved to BE +2 and half of the position closed. So far, so good...

Then it closed another half other position, and another and another etc. - Maybe because the price jumped around the +15 pips mark and it forgot that it already moved the SL?

And moved the SL up and down by 10.3 pips...
My guess would be that the sell-trade I had open (and which hit SL that was set by MPTM) somehow messes with the other one as it moves the remaining trade around between the buy-trade's SL and the SL of the sell-trade's SL...
I attached the log-file for reference

Hope this helps

Other than that it's really cool and makes life so much easier! Maybe I just can do one trade every day.... Definitely prevents overtrading then :D

I also extended the functionality by having the candletrailingstop to not put the SL at hilo of the previous candle, but also shift it by BreakEvenProfitPips to account for spread when trailing with that method...

Cheers

Steven
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

MPTM updated

Post by SteveHopwood »

stevenforex » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:32 am wrote:Hello! :hi:

I'm using the MPTM on my demo and on a trade today I had an interesting result....

I use the lazy SL to 15 pips, Move to BE +2 at 15 pips and close half of the position when that happens....

Today I had one buy-trade of 3 lots which got the SL set correctly. And I had a sell-trade of the same pair that hit SL. When the buy-trade reached +15 pips after some time it got the SL moved to BE +2 and half of the position closed. So far, so good...

Then it closed another half other position, and another and another etc. - Maybe because the price jumped around the +15 pips mark and it forgot that it already moved the SL?

And moved the SL up and down by 10.3 pips...
My guess would be that the sell-trade I had open (and which hit SL that was set by MPTM) somehow messes with the other one as it moves the remaining trade around between the buy-trade's SL and the SL of the sell-trade's SL...
I attached the log-file for reference

Hope this helps

Other than that it's really cool and makes life so much easier! Maybe I just can do one trade every day.... Definitely prevents overtrading then :D

I also extended the functionality by having the candletrailingstop to not put the SL at hilo of the previous candle, but also shift it by BreakEvenProfitPips to account for spread when trailing with that method...

Cheers

Steven
Thanks. I will look into this.

:xm: :rocket:

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

stevenforex

MPTM updated

Post by stevenforex »

SteveHopwood » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:06 pm wrote: Thanks. I will look into this.

I tried it today again with just one order and initial SL was working as well as the half-close at 15 pips, but then it started bouncing the SL again and also halving the trade more until it reached 0.01 lots.
Also, the SL switched between the BE+2 of 1.27667 and 1.27520 - which is 2.3 pips higher than the original SL of 1.27497... and 14.7 pips lower than the BE+2... No idea where that number comes from.

Log attached...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner

MPTM updated

Post by SteveHopwood »

stevenforex » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:23 am wrote:
I tried it today again with just one order and initial SL was working as well as the half-close at 15 pips, but then it started bouncing the SL again and also halving the trade more until it reached 0.01 lots.
Also, the SL switched between the BE+2 of 1.27667 and 1.27520 - which is 2.3 pips higher than the original SL of 1.27497... and 14.7 pips lower than the BE+2... No idea where that number comes from.

Log attached...
I have no idea what is causing this. I need to watch it in action, so could you pop up your setfile, please?

stevenforex

MPTM updated

Post by stevenforex »

Sure... Find attached
SteveHopwood
Owner

MPTM updated

Post by SteveHopwood »

stevenforex » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:29 pm wrote:Sure... Find attached
Got it. I will hunt down the problem this coming week.

Possibly.

stevenforex

MPTM updated

Post by stevenforex »

SteveHopwood wrote:
stevenforex » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:29 pm wrote:Sure... Find attached
Got it. I will hunt down the problem this coming week.

Possibly.

Hey Steve!

I just checked the code a bit and found that in the DoTradeManagement() the part-close Lot-Size calculation is done twice. Lines 1891 and 1915

One using the "CloseEnough()" and the other one without...

Could that be the problem?

If the compare of the two doubles gets different results for both parts :?

Cheers

Return to “Utilities Indicators and Scripts”